Holloway

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I bit and called a particularly abusive poster a “cunt” and was moderated for a week - use of the term here and general pathetic childish bickering on here of late can’t help but call double standards 

Was that Cunty McCunt face you called a cunt? Easily done my friend :OASISscarf:

3 hours ago, Lags said:

No Irony Harry. Are all these Holloway dick waving watchers the same Ollie Banks bashers.  Holloway walked straight off the pitch at Blackburn like I said. Never acknowledged one team mate nor fan.

I can take different opinions,  but won't have fucking shin rubbers trying to be cunts 

He might be a shy lad Lags.

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I’d be fascinated to see how many assists or chances created per minute played Holloway has for us

That aside, he's doing a really good job from the bench most of the times he comes on. Whether he's scoring or  offering an outlet late on, providing some impetus....

Nowt wrong with that and hopefully Wellens is in his head telling him so. 

Lots to be said for a regular sub who can affect the game late on consistently

He's contributed more in his cameo's than many, many regular starters have over recent years. 

Edited by HarryBosch

14 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Holloway's a good player at this level.

He seems to have a better impact coming on as a sub, when opposing centre halves are tireing, he was unlucky on Tuesday due to a bad bobble, my opinion he should have shot earlier, could be a confidence thing. Saying that I would be more worried, if he wasn't getting chances coming on as a sub.

Holloway's a massive asset off the bench. From the start he's been woeful time after time. 6 goals in 60 odd appearances is pisspoor, however Wellens gets the best out of him from the bench. Would I have him here next season? Not so sure, but I'd say that about Davies too. Would any of the top 6 want either of them? If as has been suggested he's a bit of a slapped arse, I don't care as long as he's doing a job - perhaps he's got a higher opinion of himself. He has the attributes to be a very good player but there's a reason he's on the bench week in week out. I'd be offloading in the Summer...

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Holloway's a massive asset off the bench. From the start he's been woeful time after time. 6 goals in 60 odd appearances is pisspoor, however Wellens gets the best out of him from the bench. Would I have him here next season? Not so sure, but I'd say that about Davies too. Would any of the top 6 want either of them? If as has been suggested he's a bit of a slapped arse, I don't care as long as he's doing a job - perhaps he's got a higher opinion of himself. He has the attributes to be a very good player but there's a reason he's on the bench week in week out. I'd be offloading in the Summer...

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

He seems to be better on heavier pitches coming on as sub, our pitch condition was a major factor in us staying up last season, and could well be this season in my opinion.with a fit Doyle, davies, nazon, and hollaway, I would start Doyle and davies, with nazon replacing Doyle, and Holloway a replacement for davies , in the last 15 minutes when there tireing. As for next season who knows we may have a foreign strike force.

On 14/02/2018 at 12:17 AM, leeslover said:

Holloway did well to stretch at the end. Still think Davies is getting little credit for the work he does. He kept the ball up almost on his own second half and people were grumbling he wasn't there to head his own crosses in.

After laying the ball off, davies needs to get in the box. No wonder he hasn't scored for a while, he doesn't show desire to get in the box. 

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

On 16/02/2018 at 2:17 PM, oafcprozac said:

Would I have him here next season? Not so sure, but I'd say that about Davies too. Would any of the top 6 want either of them? 

I know what you're saying but Davies is Player of the Season as things stand.

If we're going all out to be a top 6 side yes we could sign better. 

Even then though I'd keep him on as cover. 

We've been missing such a steady, consistent, big unit who can bag double figures+ for years. 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 2

On 16/02/2018 at 2:17 PM, oafcprozac said:

Holloway's a massive asset off the bench. From the start he's been woeful time after time. 6 goals in 60 odd appearances is pisspoor, however Wellens gets the best out of him from the bench. Would I have him here next season? Not so sure, but I'd say that about Davies too. Would any of the top 6 want either of them? 

We need to rise one place before May before we start worrying about the top six in L1 next season...

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

I know what you're saying but Davies is Player of the Season as things stand.

If we're going all out to be a top 6 side yes we could sign better. 

Even then though I'd keep him on as cover. 

We've been missing such a steady, consistent, big unit who can bag double figures+ for years. 

if Latics finish the season with Davies and Doyle getting the team away from relegation, the owner should go all-out to maintain that strike force next season. Relegation throws a real spanner in the works but is it out of the bounds of reality to keep them both if that happens? Tricky one.