Holloway

3 hours ago, mick26 said:

Depends who comes in - O'Grady and Miller then I'd rather have kept AAH, but bring 2 decent strikers in then fair enough.

At the minute though we're getting weaker with every deal and I'm a bit worried.

Even the videos for the #frenchlads have gone gone from playing in decent stadiums to Sunday league setups!

3 hours ago, mick26 said:

Depends who comes in - O'Grady and Miller then I'd rather have kept AAH, but bring 2 decent strikers in then fair enough.

At the minute though we're getting weaker with every deal and I'm a bit worried.

Even the videos for the #frenchlads have gone gone from playing in decent stadiums to Sunday league setups!

I think I'll go to Clayton playing field on a Sunday when the seaon starts and knock up a video of future stars.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think I'll go to Clayton playing field on a Sunday when the seaon starts and knock up a video of future stars.

I’m going to suggest that an elderly bloke videoing kids will probably not have the outcome you envisage..

1 hour ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Strike rate poor yes but a lot of those appearances must have been coming on for the last 10 minutes as sub. The other aspects to his game were good though in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he does at a well run club like Shrewsbury. Replacing him with a past his best Chris O'Grady (who also was 'crap' in his time here but couldn't stop scoring after he left) doesn't fill me confidence either.

O'Grady can actually hold the ball and use it, Holloway just wants a wrestling match. When he isn't rolling around on the floor that is.

2 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I don't agree from what I saw of him and obviously Shrewsbury see something in him. I agree that O'Grady can hold the ball up and use it. He did that well the first time he was here but didn't score any goals. He doesn't seem to have been doing it recently either.

He's not a goalscorer but as battering ram option I would choose him over Holloway.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

O'Grady can actually hold the ball and use it, Holloway just wants a wrestling match. When he isn't rolling around on the floor that is.

Hill got the best out of O’Grady at the Dale. He was a goal machine then, however he has lost his confidence since. Maybe Bunn can get that confidence back into him.

31 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Hill got the best out of O’Grady at the Dale. He was a goal machine then, however he has lost his confidence since. Maybe Bunn can get that confidence back into him.

Rhodes will know him from his time at Wednesday too. 

For me similar to Holloway, both physical, will hold the ball up and will cause problems for defenders but NOT goalscorers.

Here is my logic or opinion.

WE get money for Holloway and replace him with a similar O'Grady who has played at higher level and it could be argued, be more experienced.

We now use this Holloway and Davies money to help finance a goalscorer, Doyle etc.

So we would still have a battering ram style forward but gained the finances to acquire a goalscorer.

Either good business, good fortune or I'm way off the mark with my logic.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Any money raised from those two wouldn’t finance Doyle’s leg. He’ll probably want 6k+ a week and I imagine the fee will be £300k-£500k.

Like I said my opinion or my logic.

I obviously am not in the know like you and a few others on here.

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Any money raised from those two wouldn’t finance Doyle’s leg. He’ll probably want 6k+ a week and I imagine the fee will be £300k-£500k.

I'll take Doyle leg only up front in our league..hehe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You do tend to come across as a know it all occasionally. So you just make shit up then ? Where does the ‘probably 6k come from ? 

He did say "probably" to be fair. I took it as speculation. Probably not a million miles away either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

I don’t think that offloading a striker that can’t score is bad business. Put him back at CB and maybe there is a player there.

If he has no desire to get in one box and get on the end of crosses what makes you think he'd have the heart to put his body on the line in the other?