Wilfried Moimbe signs?

32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

25 games in the French top flight last 2 seasons. At an age where he should be in his prime.

He could be our best player. 

No doubt at all that his pedigree suggests that but even the best imports from the French Leagues struggle to acclimatise, its a huge leap of faith to expect him to go straight in and perform.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’d imagine Neymar plays in a better league than League 1. 

Perhaps. However one player in one team doesn't make a league. We signed Johnny from Ligue 1 didn't we? He hasn't been that good. 

The same could be said about the Scottish league. It's not the quality of the best team that makes a good league, it's the quality of the worst side. I can see a lot of league 1 sides not being spanked 8-0 by PSG. 

Moimbe has played 28 times since 2015-16 season. Not that many. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Perhaps. However one player in one team doesn't make a league. We signed Johnny from Ligue 1 didn't we? He hasn't been that good. 

The same could be said about the Scottish league. It's not the quality of the best team that makes a good league, it's the quality of the worst side. I can see a lot of league 1 sides not being spanked 8-0 by PSG. 

There's more than 1 good team in that league though. I'd argue that, although he isn't amazing, Johny is the best keeper we've had in a while.

I can only see this guy improving the team. For a start, he's actually a left back! If he's got a long throw, I'll be even happier.

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There's more than 1 good team in that league though. I'd argue that, although he isn't amazing, Johny is the best keeper we've had in a while.

I can only see this guy improving the team. For a start, he's actually a left back! If he's got a long throw, I'll be even happier.

Apart from the bloke we had last season. He is the best keeper who is ours we’ve had for a while though.

Yep fully agree about a left-back at left-back and the long throw too. I didn’t say he wouldn’t improve the side, more just because he has come from Ligue 1 (where he last started a match a year ago), doesn’t make him a great player.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Apart from the bloke we had last season. He is the best keeper who is ours we’ve had for a while though.

Yep fully agree about a left-back at left-back and the long throw too. I didn’t say he wouldn’t improve the side, more just because he has come from Ligue 1 (where he last started a match a year ago), doesn’t make him a great player.

Michael Clegg played in the Champions league remember

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

It’s the Moimbé way

(Moimbé way)

(Moimbé way)

(Moimbé way)

22 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Not so sure the standard of the French top flight is all that good. 

I watch it semi regularly. It's way, way better than our division. I'd kind of put it in between the Prem and the Championship, on a whole.

Ligue 2 is about the same level as ours, give or take. Watch more European footy than I do our own truth be told. Serie A is probably the most watchable these days. Sampdoria, Atalanta and Napoli are fantastic sides to watch.

Anyway, I digress, clearly!

It would be wrong of me to suggest that the reason why he has not played for so long is that it is way way better than league 1.

He has to be one tough small player to do well in our league without game time.  I hope he is.  Wellens probably knows by now.  Lets just see if he starts and if he does give him our support.

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

https://www.livefootball.be/players/moimbe-wilfried2/matches/2016-2017

If this info is correct he played 272 minutes last season and his last apperances was 28/01/17 which is year ago this week, can't see him starting any time soon.

Knowing us he will start, unlike Nazon who had been playing regularly, but was on the the bench.

Looked very useful and after a couple of games under his belt to get match fitness and a better understanding of the English language and systems (well Gerrard's scouse version of it) I think we have a good solid player on our hands.

Question for you peoples -  Is Wilf Moimbe a loan signing or permanent until the end of the season? The way the signing was worded emphasising a short-term deal suggests to me we have signed him on a full transfer.

3 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Looked very useful and after a couple of games under his belt to get match fitness and a better understanding of the English language and systems (well Gerrard's scouse version of it) I think we have a good solid player on our hands.

Question for you peoples -  Is Wilf Moimbe a loan signing or permanent until the end of the season? The way the signing was worded emphasising a short-term deal suggests to me we have signed him on a full transfer.

Permanent...sure there will have been some agreement that if both parties are happy then it will be extended.