Wilfried Moimbe signs?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He does seem like Fane always on the edge of a red card. 

There’s a considerable difference between a lad who can’t control his legs and one who can’t control his aggression.

Punching somebody off the ball, in the box in the last minute when you’re 1 up in a critical game.

Don’t want to see him in a blue shirt again

17 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

There’s a considerable difference between a lad who can’t control his legs and one who can’t control his aggression.

Punching somebody off the ball, in the box in the last minute when you’re 1 up in a critical game.

Unbelievable, could end up so costly.

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Yet you probably loved Lee Hughes and celebrated his goals, a lad whose self control was on a whole different level. Give the lad a break he's been carrying the rest of the team for the past month, nobody is immune from making mistakes and this lads no different. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not as costly as not allowing Wellens to sign the experienced centrehalf he wanted for the team - don’t worry though he was given Benteke, Pringle and Nazon instead.

True.

This is the kids second red in no time, worrying.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yet you probably loved Lee Hughes and celebrated his goals, a lad whose self control was on a whole different level. Give the lad a break he's been carrying the rest of the team for the past month, nobody is immune from making mistakes and this lads no different. 

We had a good team that was (mostly) enjoyable to watch when Hughesy was here. This idiocy could see us drop to the fourth-tier for the first time since the sixties.

1 minute ago, losesome said:

Does anybody know if the ball was in play when the offence took place???

My understanding is that if not then play should restart from the last decision the ref gave, i.e. throw in or free kick!!

I don't know as I didn't see it but if Moimbe reacted to a foul on him then, even if it was a red card, it should have been a free kick to us.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not as costly as not allowing Wellens to sign the experienced centrehalf he wanted for the team - don’t worry though he was given Benteke, Pringle and Nazon instead.

Not allowing him to sign a centre back. That’s was his own fault don’t blame AL

6 minutes ago, losesome said:

Does anybody know if the ball was in play when the offence took place???

My understanding is that if not then play should restart from the last decision the ref gave, i.e. throw in or free kick!!

Ball was definately in play. Magic Mikey makes a good point though, unless Moimbe randomly goes round lamping people then he was probably reacting to something. No excuse for the lad though, his reaction said it all for me, he knew he’d done summat.

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I don't know as I didn't see it but if Moimbe reacted to a foul on him then, even if it was a red card, it should have been a free kick to us.

Interesting point but probably in vain...if the club appealed the card and it went through the due process with the result that he reacted to a foul, should the penalty decision be also questioned? If so, how would that be resolved? I suppose we shall have to await more information, if any is forthcoming.

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yep. Our League 1 status hangs on this one mistake. Nothing to do with the other 40 games played and the performances in those

It’s a ridiculous thing to do when we are so close to such a crucial victory. The momentum gained from a win today could’ve seen us through the last 5 games, instead we’ve been hit with a sucker-punch that we might not recover from. He’s a fucking idiot.

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not allowing him to sign a centre back. That’s was his own fault don’t blame AL

:applause1::applause1:

I think you will find players were signed for him and he wasn't given a choice, you'd of thought SC would of advised him against controlling all the transfers and expecting a manager to get a tune out of players he didn’t even want.

Its no coincidence that our best bits of form in recent years have come when our Chairman has left the manager to recruit and manage their own team, LJ and Shez when he saved us twice, Wellens is just the latest fall guy who will get the bullet without being given a fair chance.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

It’s a ridiculous thing to do when we are so close to such a crucial victory. The momentum gained from a win today could’ve seen us through the last 5 games, instead we’ve been hit with a sucker-punch that we might not recover from. He’s a fucking idiot.

I totally agree but he is probably still our best player currently and may well be needed in the last couple of games.

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Is that the same Nazon that scored and therefore got us a point today?

His goals will mean nothing if we concede every game and go down, we could probably 0-0 our way to safety so the sensible thing to do would of been to buy a decent centreback or two, its obvious to even the dumbest of our fans where our problems lie.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

His goals will mean nothing if we concede every game and go down, we could probably 0-0 our way to safety so the sensible thing to do would of been to buy a decent centreback or two, its obvious to even the dumbest of our fans where our problems lie.

I think our problems lie in midfield and up front. Our defence has coped well in the four games in April. If Doyle and Byrne were the versions we had on loan, then we would be in a far better place.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

And we learnt with him that it’s not healthy to have players like that in your squad because they cause problems...

Moimbe might have cost us our place in League 1 today in the same way the friction with Hughes may have cost us our place in the league above

Edited by NewBlue

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

I know what you mean and he's been sent off before but and big but.....he seems to be the only one bombing down the sidelines and can swing a cross in....

frustrating and scary as hell.....a bit like Jonny too.....it's been a roller coaster of a season

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think our problems lie in midfield and up front. Our defence has coped well in the four games in April. If Doyle and Byrne were the versions we had on loan, then we would be in a far better place.

Doyle is still on loan.