Wilfried Moimbe signs?

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

I know what you mean and he's been sent off before but and big but.....he seems to be the only one bombing down the sidelines and can swing a cross in....

frustrating and scary as hell.....a bit like Jonny too.....it's been a roller coaster of a season

Don't get me wrong, when this has settled and we’ve stayed up (I hope) I’m sure I’ll be asking for him to be retained, but I wouldn’t begrudge Wellens if he decided against keeping him. A 29 year old should be experienced beyond that petulance

Just now, NewBlue said:

Don't get me wrong, when this has settled and we’ve stayed up (I hope) I’m sure I’ll be asking for him to be retained, but I wouldn’t begrudge Wellens if he decided against keeping him. A 29 year old should be experienced beyond that petulance

You say this yet week in week out you see players at all levels of all ages making these mistakes.

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think our problems lie in midfield and up front. Our defence has coped well in the four games in April. If Doyle and Byrne were the versions we had on loan, then we would be in a far better place.

D & B are not the versions we had earlier because were not playing them the same or playing in the same way as a team.

Doyle needs a partner to play off and its not Nazon.Byrne was playing centre mid and now RW is asking him to play wide right.

I would start with Holloway & Doyle with Byrne just behind then bring Ducks on 2nd half and let him run at tired defences.

Got to go 4312 with Fane,Gardner & prob Pringle in the mid and start every game with a much higher intensity like we did when RW first took over.

5 minutes ago, losesome said:

D & B are not the versions we had earlier because were not playing them the same or playing in the same way as a team.

Doyle needs a partner to play off and its not Nazon.Byrne was playing centre mid and now RW is asking him to play wide right.

I would start with Holloway & Doyle with Byrne just behind then bring Ducks on 2nd half and let him run at tired defences.

Got to go 4312 with Fane,Gardner & prob Pringle in the mid and start every game with a much higher intensity like we did when RW first took over.

I thought Byrne played centre mid today. I thought that Doyle missed three good chances today.

Holloway should have come on earlier in the second half and it should have been for Doyle imho.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Interesting point but probably in vain...if the club appealed the card and it went through the due process with the result that he reacted to a foul, should the penalty decision be also questioned? If so, how would that be resolved? I suppose we shall have to await more information, if any is forthcoming.

You are kidding?

13 hours ago, Wardie said:

Interesting point but probably in vain...if the club appealed the card and it went through the due process with the result that he reacted to a foul, should the penalty decision be also questioned? If so, how would that be resolved? I suppose we shall have to await more information, if any is forthcoming.

I suppose there's the possibility of retrospective action against their player.  If he's done anything wrong.  If you're expecting the penalty to be disallowed I think you're going to be disappointed.

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or shows how little you know about what constitutes a foul etc. If you're going to disagree with it

Eaves himself said what happened wouldn't normally result in a foul being given. The ref was desparate to be the centre of attention, blowing up for every contact. Petty sums him up pretty well. Where did he find seven minutes of stoppage time?

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Eaves himself said what happened wouldn't normally result in a foul being given. The ref was desparate to be the centre of attention, blowing up for every contact. Petty sums him up pretty well. Where did he find seven minutes of stoppage time?

The 7 minute stoppage time was disgusting. How many times have teams come here and wasted time from 1st half and there's been 3 minutes. 

33 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The ref was desparate to be the centre of attention, blowing up for every contact. Petty sums him up pretty well. Where did he find seven minutes of stoppage time?

Because there were a lot of stoppages for fouls. Vicious circle.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not really. If he has pulled his hair, it is a foul...

But not a red card. Beckham had his hair pulled in Spain, the culprit was booked, Beckham had a new, much shorter, hairstyle for his next game.

I think Eaves may be covering his part in the incident, something that may warrant retrospective action.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The 7 minute stoppage time was disgusting. How many times have teams come here and wasted time from 1st half and there's been 3 minutes. 

There was a prolonged stoppage halfway through the second half, plus the time for Moimbe’s sending off, 6 substitutions and 3 bookings, one of which was for time-wasting.

7 minutes might have been stretching it, but it was a lot more accurate than the 3 minutes in the Walsall game.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You are kidding?

It comes across wrong...there is no way the penalty decision could be changed, obviously but I was thinking more of an apology from the officials. As I more or less said, any appeal would probably be in vain anyway. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

But not a red card. Beckham had his hair pulled in Spain, the culprit was booked, Beckham had a new, much shorter, hairstyle for his next game.

I think Eaves may be covering his part in the incident, something that may warrant retrospective action.

Eaves is a dirty bastard. He’s got one of the worst discipline records in the league. Up to Saturday he had clocked up 9 yellows and one red this season and he has scored most of his goals from the penalty spot. He’s got a reputation of winding players up and getting them booked and sent off. He’s become a truly nasty piece of works and I am told that he really did something serious to Mombie to get him to retaliate. Retrospective action could well happen against him.

7 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Eaves is a dirty bastard. He’s got one of the worst discipline records in the league. Up to Saturday he had clocked up 9 yellows and one red this season and he has scored most of his goals from the penalty spot. He’s got a reputation of winding players up and getting them booked and sent off. He’s become a truly nasty piece of works and I am told that he really did something serious to Mombie to get him to retaliate. Retrospective action could well happen against him.

:petesake: