If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He sounded fairly certain he'll be in charge for next season if they win on Sat in today's presser.

He did, but he wasn't quite so confident when the journalists asked him (usually the part 2 that comes out on Friday). Apparently he said that his situation was no different to the players, and the owner had decided there would be no discussions on anybody's future until after Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He sounded fairly certain he'll be in charge for next season if they win on Sat in today's presser.

Yes I thought that despite the rumours!

Meanwhile I saw a few minutes of 11 v 11 match on main pitch which Dan Gardner sat out.

Wilf and Nepo looked good on the left of what looked likely starting 11 if Dan isn't fit.

Dummigan and McLaughlin both featured again so could make the bench.

No sign of poor Oz again.

On 03/05/2018 at 1:32 PM, mick26 said:

Yes I thought that despite the rumours!

Meanwhile I saw a few minutes of 11 v 11 match on main pitch which Dan Gardner sat out.

Wilf and Nepo looked good on the left of what looked likely starting 11 if Dan isn't fit.

Dummigan and McLaughlin both featured again so could make the bench.

No sign of poor Oz again.

Poor Oz ? I’d say he’s very poor at least. 

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He won't walk and Abdallah doesn't want to pay up the remaining two years on his deal.

Fingers crossed he gets the MK job...

I’m intrigued as to why a team that’s just been relegated would want a rookie manager , with months rather than years experience, already with a relegation on his CV ? Baffling. 

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He won't walk and Abdallah doesn't want to pay up the remaining two years on his deal.

I thought he was only contracted till the end of the season. Shows how much attention I paid to that. Oops

33 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m intrigued as to why a team that’s just been relegated would want a rookie manager , with months rather than years experience, already with a relegation on his CV ? Baffling. 

Yet again is the any proof at all he’s been interviewed just hearsay

Edited by latics22

On 5/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

That's the best 20 minutes I've had without the missus. I love Oz and I'll be gutted if he doesn't play for us next season. 

That was brilliant and mirrored the perception I have had of Oz every time I have seen him. We could have used him on saturday for sure- would like to see something similar for Pringle!

50 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It is a strange one. Their chairman has gone on record as saying his last two appointments have been big mistakes. What would RW offer them that’s any different?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

According to the official website Wellens signed a 2 year deal last October.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/18102017-richie-wellens-new-oldham-athletic-manager/

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If he can't afford to pay Wellens off the signs are ominous for next seasons playing budget.

Relegation feels awful. 

The real fear that we’re a rotten shambles behind the scenes is something I’ve been trying to block out, with blind hope that it’s surely not that bad... 

But increasingly  I think the fall is only beginning. And that feels worse than relegation. 

If our new owner is a bit bonkers but has  wads of cash, I can handle that. 

If he’s a bit bonkers and hasn’t the price of a pint and programme, then I think we’re goosed. 

Edited by Nohairdontcare