Squad movements, summer 2018

He's strong by the looks of it and got a fair old shot on him. If FB and AR saw glimpses of this, they may well have felt it worth giving him a go.

But lest we forget, he's French, he hasn't played in Ligue 1 or the Champions League, so he had to be one of AL's pile of crap and our management team had to lump it. OWTB Law. Apparently.

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

Looks of the clip that he can't stay on his feet in a challenge, likes to switch to the wings and can doesn't mind having a go from outside the box.

i know different league/standards and all but looks promising

Oi, stop all this positive stuff. Doesn't work on here you know.

I really don’t see how he made his money if this is the standard of footballers he represents and how he thinks bringing 4th 5th tier players here is going to make him any money. If he’d had signed players like moimbe fair enough but he isn’t.

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I really don’t see how he made his money if this is the standard of footballers he represents and how he thinks bringing 4th 5th tier players here is going to make him any money. If he’d had signed players like moimbe fair enough but he isn’t.

Maybe he isn't looking to make money in this instance.

55 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Do you think we’d be able to afford the decent players on his books? I see this as squad filling with cheap players with potential to do well and move on but won’t break the bank in the process. AL won’t be paying the sorts of wages like he did last season - I really hope he’s learnt some lessons from it anyway. 

12 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Do you think we’d be able to afford the decent players on his books? I see this as squad filling with cheap players with potential to do well and move on but won’t break the bank in the process. AL won’t be paying the sorts of wages like he did last season - I really hope he’s learnt some lessons from it anyway. 

Are we the only team in League 2 squad filling with cheap imports nobody has ever heard of?

Here is a novel idea save your money on these lads and buy one decent striker with the same money like Doyle who you know what your getting with who is also a saleable asset. We don't need another squad of forty players because it's a number the management team won't be able to work with (last season is a good example).

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Doesn't Abdallah want to make the club profitable this year? I'm sure it stated that in Keegan's piece.

Think so however that in itself could be a case of chinese wispers.

Whats more likely is we make a loss but he picks up the bill so everyone is paid something our previous owner stopped doing.

16 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’m not anti foreign league  unknowns, but the reality is the chance of them being any success is exstreamly low and a waste of budget. Even if  thier on 200 pounds or 20000. But time will tell...

Let’s see if they play well again this afternoon. If they do as well as the other night or better then we could have picked up a couple of gems. Technically they are better than other players being  signed by other clubs at this level. The negative comments on this board about them are all coming from people who have not seen them play. Even Baxter has said that he’s amazed at the standard that these players have shown. I don’t know why but there seems to be a big anti French contingent on here. Surely it doesn’t matter where a player comes from provided they are better than what we have got and show better ability on and off the ball when they play.

Edited by Smiler13

7 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Let’s see if they play well again this afternoon. If they do as well as the other night or better then we could have picked up a couple of gems. Technically they are better than other players being  signed by other clubs at this level. The negative comments on this board about them are all coming from people who have not seen them play. Even Baxter has said that he’s amazed at the standard that these players have shown. I don’t know why but there seems to be a big anti French contingent on here. Surely it doesn’t matter where a player comes from provided they are better than what we have got and show better ability on and off the ball when they play.

When / where did Baxter say this?

I wonder if Gardner & Uche are having french lessons so they can understand the rest of the midfield - no one seemed to understand that Irish bloke last season so I've given up on him as he will now be three steps in front of everyone else and continue to get mightily frustrated.

I am so overwhelmed by the squad movements and rumours that I'm not going to any of the preseason games and I'm relaxed about missing the opener against MKDons.  Bunn needs to make a couple of decent signings, I don't mean more 17 year olds, to get me on the path of enthusiasm again.

On 13/07/2018 at 5:57 PM, oafcforever said:

Amazed Aaron got a move to Shrewsbury but don't think he ever had a chance of Sunderland signing him!! Lol

Mason Fawns played as a trialist for Curzon Ashton today.

Edited by BP1960

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Only striker we have is out on loan. We’ve got two on trial who seem to be quite ineffective upfront and we’ve sold all the rest. Can’t wait to see what the 6th division French options are

Jose Baxter Baby