Squad movements, summer 2018

His tweet after Northampton very much read like a final goodbye, doubt he would've worded it that way if there was any chance of him coming back. Would be a seriously big statement from AL if he did pull this off as I'm sure a number of Championship clubs would happily take him.

Edited by Ryan

If he did sign for Wigan it would be a bit of a twunty thing to do wouldn’t it ? To clearly get our hopes up and then laugh in our faces ? He doesn’t strike me as that sort of lad tbh. I saw him at the Rochdale match and he was at the Northampton match too wasn’t he ? Why bother with them matches if his time with us was over in theory ? I did ask at the time of the Rochdale game if this was a sign that he would sign again. I thought that chance was all but extinguished with relegation though. I’d love for him to sign. But I’d love for him to be Fanes replacement in the side rather than at CB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If he did sign for Wigan it would be a bit of a twunty thing to do wouldn’t it ? To clearly get our hopes up and then laugh in our faces ? He doesn’t strike me as that sort of lad tbh. I saw him at the Rochdale match and he was at the Northampton match too wasn’t he ? Why bother with them matches if his time with us was over in theory ? I did ask at the time of the Rochdale game if this was a sign that he would sign again. I thought that chance was all but extinguished with relegation though. I’d love for him to sign. But I’d love for him to be Fanes replacement in the side rather than at CB. 

This. Can't stress it enough. He's so wasted at CB and average at best at defending imo. Draft in a couple of cloggers and let Kean boss the midfield.

52 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

That pic has Wigan Athletic flag in background though

It does. That would be a bit crass though wouldn’t it?  Using that pic to say I’m going to Wigan, knowing how many oldham followers he has and that he has zero Wigan followers. Can’t  be that numb surely? 

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It does. That would be a bit crass though wouldn’t it?  Using that pic to say I’m going to Wigan, knowing how many oldham followers he has and that he has zero Wigan followers. Can’t  be that numb surely? 

That picture says Latics rather than plastics to me.

Wigan wanted him in January but only as back up, so he came back to us to play games. 

I think he's had enough media training at City to know that would not be the way to announce signing for Wigan.

I think there's a possibility he may be referring to something else, rather than  his own future.

1 minute ago, bozman said:

Wigan wanted him in January but only as back up, so he came back to us to play games. 

I think he's had enough media training at City to know that would not be the way to announce signing for Wigan.

I think there's a possibility he may be referring to something else, rather than  his own future.

Any idea what?

6 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Any idea what?

Nothing concrete but I think  he's shown enough affinity for the club to genuinely want the best for us and, if he's heard of some potentially positive developments for us, I'm sure he'd want them to happen.