Squad movements, summer 2018

14 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

More solid keepers with less flair are surley available. 

Luke McCormick, Cameron Belford and Artur Krysiak are available in the released lists. Not sure they're much of an improvement though. George Long is available either on loan or transfer.

Scott Vernon released by Grimsby, but I'm very surprised that Walsall have released Oztumer.

Edited by Bristolatic

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

If this is true then he really has shown no loyalty.  So, from my point of view good riddance.  I haven't seen him live but on the highlights almost every opposition goal seemed to come from one of his parries.  I'm sure there are better free transfers around.  (Don't ask me to name them, but I'm sure nevertheless!)

22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Cancelled because 

1. We had sold about five tables.

2. Relegation.

3. Embarrasment.

4. Risk of a punch up.

Yes but the club announced the player's player, young player and community award.

What about the fan's vote?

Placide did make too many mistakes and I wouldn't be overly upset with losing him (a sweeper keeper isn't really needed in League 2) but I'm not convinced that we'll do better in the end.  Those names mentioned above don't fill me with confidence.  Krysiak is a cheap version of Placide and McCormack, while good enough, is not a 'keeper I'd like us to have in our squad.

Dummigan would be a very good player in League 2 but I'd be happy with either him or Hunt at right back for next season.

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Hes better than going there imo

Is he?  Genuine question.

I've see him and Gardner play dozens of times yet still couldn't give anyone an assessment of whether they're any good or not.

Do Bradford want Dummigan on the back of the goal he scored against them?  And Gardner doesn't tackle, score and can't play out wide so what does he bring to the table?

23 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

If this is true then he really has shown no loyalty.  So, from my point of view good riddance.  I haven't seen him live but on the highlights almost every opposition goal seemed to come from one of his parries.  I'm sure there are better free transfers around.  (Don't ask me to name them, but I'm sure nevertheless!)

It might not be his choice... 

14 hours ago, JoeP said:

Is he?  Genuine question.

I've see him and Gardner play dozens of times yet still couldn't give anyone an assessment of whether they're any good or not.

Do Bradford want Dummigan on the back of the goal he scored against them?  And Gardner doesn't tackle, score and can't play out wide so what does he bring to the table?

Does the 3rd paragraph contain a pretty damning assessment of Gardner that you say you couldn't give on the 2nd paragraph?

27 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Does the 3rd paragraph contain a pretty damning assessment of Gardner that you say you couldn't give on the 2nd paragraph?

He seems to be highly rated in spite of that.  I feel I'm missing something that many others can see.

On 18/05/2018 at 9:04 PM, Sparkleking said:

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling his wife and kids are still in France. If so, he may well want to go back rather than uproot them. 

There may be other reasons, but let's not do him down without knowing why. He's not the sole reason we got relegated. In fact, some of his saves kept us in games. 

He's a League 1 (now League 2, if he stays) footballer, not a Pickford or Heaton.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

He seems to be highly rated in spite of that.  I feel I'm missing something that many others can see.

Not sure about highly rated....more a popular player.

I think he suffered from not playing in his favoured position and playing a supporting role to Byrne offensively and defensively to Fane when he really covets that central attacking midfield role.

I like Gardner he is limited and won't offer the same vision as a player like Byrne but he's honest does a job for the team and is one of only a few players who come across as if they genuinely  care, he should be a useful player for us in League 2 next season.

It should also be remembered that he played for us whilst injured at the back end of the season when many other players had cried off and given up on us.

Edited by yarddog73

19 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

That’s ok, so long as the incomings are decent L2 players.... otherwise.... I dread to think.

If we bounce back up then decent L2 players won't be good enough for L1. We need decent L1 players so that we don't have to offload them next season.

47 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If we bounce back up then decent L2 players won't be good enough for L1. We need decent L1 players so that we don't have to offload them next season.

Well have to offload quite a few off the current squad then....... 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

I hope that the operation to extract your tongue from your cheek goes well.