Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£650,000 represents very good business. As a centre half (NOT a full back as per Paul Scholes last time out) Stott looks a more promising prospect. So, sign a younger "Clarke type" to partner Stott in the middle this season; job done and bank balance looks far healthier.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

£650,000 represents very good business. As a centre half (NOT a full back as per Paul Scholes last time out) Stott looks a more promising prospect. So, sign a younger "Clarke type" to partner Stott in the middle this season; job done and bank balance looks far healthier.

Stott more promising :laught30:

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Less so in the context of when he "wont listen" to offers less than £1m, it's just 8% increase in two weeks with 3 bidders.

From the Official Media Partner of the Club, and not repeated from elsewhere.
https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/128246/oldham-athletic-double-asking-price-for-edmundson

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Less so in the context of when he "wont listen" to offers less than £1m, it's just 8% increase in two weeks with 3 bidders.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/128246/oldham-athletic-double-asking-price-for-edmundson

It's all part of commercial practice.

You ask for more than you expect to get and offer less than you're prepared to pay ( and engage the press in the contest ).

It's much better than accepting the first offer.

38 minutes ago, singe said:

It’s called negotiating. 

You ask for more than you will accept and they offer less than they are prepared to pay. You meet in the middle.

Pretty standard, no? 

Admittedly our politicians seem unaware of this rather simple premise too. 

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Glad you said that. I’m no longer gonna pull Mr Wiseowl up on any of the bollox he talks. I’ll just wait for someone else to and upvote that. Second hand intimidation then. 

Adopted this myself a few months back. Tbf tho he doesn’t jus talk bollicks, he also tells shite anecdotes.

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Striker from the Slovenian League , skinny French midfielder and an Auxerre B team player all imminent. There was also talk of a lad at Leicester, but don't know how true that is...

Hopefully Iverson from Leicester 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's not, but I ain't mentioning his name because it will lead to about 50 "pun posts" from the usual suspects trying to be funny...

And then Kowenicki will have to stick his nose in... at that point you must be thinking 'why did I bother?'

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's not, but I ain't mentioning his name because it will lead to about 50 "pun posts" from the usual suspects trying to be funny...

Something to do with having a party?!!

Archived