Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A lot of the rumours seem to be for #englishlads.

I don’t think AL will be able to help himself with some signings, but there does seem to be a shift in policy? 

We need 8 for a match day squad...

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Granted. 

But Mills and Woods aren’t bench warmers, neither are some of the names bandied about. If he signs six homegrown  lads and they all start, that is a big shift from last year. 

I agree but I'd also say they are not going to be any better than those they've replaced so whilst it appears the policy may have changed we are still in desperate need of both numbers and quality particularly in forward positions.

Names being bandied about means sod all until they've signed on the dotted line so I'd prefer to keep my powder dry on that one before getting too excited.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree but I'd also say they are not going to be any better than those they've replaced so whilst it appears the policy may have changed we are still in desperate need of both numbers and quality particularly in forward positions.

Names being bandied about means sod all until they've signed on the dotted line so I'd prefer to keep my powder dry on that one before getting too excited.

But the reported opinion on here, a month ago, that anyone brought in was going to be significantly worse because of "peanuts" level wages offered (Apologies to Peanuts). 

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

But they might be. 

Woods for Iverson?

Granted Mills might be a steady fullback but you've lost two of out top 3 players from last season out of that defence with no sign so far of suitable replacements. 

Surridge, Lang, Iverson, Edmondson and Clarke where the best five players consistently last season, all gone and without them last season we'd of been relegated or close to it, like I say the two signings are promising but on paper not in the same category as what we've lost.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

But the reported opinion on here, a month ago, that anyone brought in was going to be significantly worse because of "peanuts" level wages offered (Apologies to Peanuts). 

We don't know what the new lads are on do we? It could well be peanuts. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

We don't know what the new lads are on do we? It could well be peanuts. 

We were told that a couple of clubs were after Mills...so we would, supposedly, have to make the offer attractive. Not forgetting all the  comments over the last month along the lines of "no player will want to come to Oldham". 

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

We were told that a couple of clubs were after Mills...so we would, supposedly, have to make the offer attractive. Not forgetting all the  comments over the last month along the lines of "no player will want to come to Oldham". 

Fair comment, I've heard one or two have been put off moving to the club but there will still be others happy to make the move, I'm not trying to crab the signings I think they are positive but the lad from Morecambe will see it as a step up to a bigger club for sure and he probably enjoyed the atmosphere we generated at their place last season, Woods I don't know too much about but I've heard mainly good reports so in hopeful, Iverson will be some keeper to replace though.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair comment, I've heard one or two have been put off moving to the club but there will still be others happy to make the move, I'm not trying to crab the signings I think they are positive but the lad from Morecambe will see it as a step up to a bigger club for sure and he probably enjoyed the atmosphere we generated at their place last season, Woods I don't know too much about but I've heard mainly good reports so in hopeful, Iverson will be some keeper to replace though.

Good points. Regarding Mills, I would like to think the Lemsagem brothers made notes on opposition players last season should they become available.

20 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Good points. Regarding Mills, I would like to think the Lemsagem brothers made notes on opposition players last season should they become available.

I'd put money on Mills and Woods being Baz Owen signings.

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not sure any player in this day and age genuinely considers whether the fans create an atmosphere. They just say it cos its media friendly. I.e Latics interviewers insistence on mentioning how good the fans are every other question

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

Not sure any player in this day and age genuinely considers whether the fans create an atmosphere. They just say it cos its media friendly. I.e Latics interviewers insistence on mentioning how good the fans are every other question

Maybe, but there's no doubt players prefer the backing of the 1500 we'd take to the 50 Morecambe take away. It's a step up for the player in any case.

Some of these rumours, bullshit as most of them will most likely be, are pretty exciting to be fair. Maybe Mo is actually willing to throw some cash about. Danny Mayor and Zach Clough should be way out of our league but even Nixon on twitter reporting we are after Clough but going to be difficult to actually get the deal done. Pretty excited to see who we actually sign

Edit: I just remembered we were paying Menig £10k a week actually 😂😂😂

Archived