Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

As talented as he is/was and, on his day, would tear this division apart, do we want or need another reason for the press to descend for all the wrong reasons?

The reaction, not just from our own fans, would have us pilloried, hung, drawn and quartered. The club would be subjected to Chedgate all over again, although probably even worse. 

In a nutshell, not on your bloody nellie.

In reality it would blow over very quickly like it did when Evans finally did sign for someone.

We didn't help matters by dragging it out for days and days letting the media, old and new, build it up into a frenzy. 

Sadly people give less of a fuck than they should about such matters 

28 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Adam Johnson was transferred for c£20m in his career & earned over £60k per week for a large proportion of it.....

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/549482/Adam-Johnson-still-raking-5-week-behind-bars-prison

While in prison, he sold his house for £1.7m and built a new 7 bed property tucked out of the way....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/shamed-adam-johnson-2m-luxury-12832738

...he 31 now, so past his best with little/no prospect of returning to the highest grade....  unlike Lee Hughes & Ched Evans, neither of whom had either amassed enough personal wealth not to have to work again, or were still young enough to persue a career that could improve..... why on earth would Adam Johnson want to be subjected to the severe abuse he would inevitably endure on League Two terraces, while picking up a paltry amount of money [by his standards]  plying his trade at Ice Station Zebra?

Just now, kowenicki said:

Do not want Johnson.  I’d be very surprised if he wants back in football too.  He surely doesn’t need the cash. 

You'd just fuck off abroad somewhere never to be seen again and certainly never to be seen anywhere near a football wouldn't you.

Bizarrely, he probably won't 

20 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You'd just fuck off abroad somewhere never to be seen again and certainly never to be seen anywhere near a football wouldn't you.

Bizarrely, he probably won't 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Expect Johnson to pitch up somewhere like Thailand or Cambodia.

Doubt he'd be allowed to. He has to inform police every time he wants to leave the country and they can veto it too if there's any chance of him offending again.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I did post about this...

As for Johnson, we have a member who regularly manages to get sexual innuendo into a football thread who would be far more suited to gauge opinion on this one. 

For the record, it's getting tiresome lads.

Mods, please make it stop.....

WahOq1H.gif

I read on one of the threads (maybe this one) that a supporter with a box had been assured that 3 new signings would be made today, before they renewed their season ticket. No sign of them is there! 

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

Jesus. Have you posted shit about me you knob. Then this!!!!!!. Last time it's wearing thin. 

As you'll be aware I've asked to be deleted. Not at your request 

You've asked to be deleted? Surely you could just, you know, not log on...

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I read on one of the threads (maybe this one) that a supporter with a box had been assured that 3 new signings would be made today, before they renewed their season ticket. No sign of them is there! 

That was me. Was My mates grandad who pays for the box was told it just over a week ago as he said he’s probably not renewing due to basically, fuck all is happening.

He was then told there would be 3 in today. Only the messenger! I do think we’ll bring a couple in before we head off to Morocco though. Seem to really be trying for Clough.

Archived