Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Good points. Regarding Mills, I would like to think the Lemsagem brothers made notes on opposition players last season should they become available.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I'd put money on Mills and Woods being Baz Owen signings.

Whatever else you want to say about them they are clearly into football and might possibly know a fair bit. 

After years of working in the game I’d find it odd if over a year and a half in and around/owning OAFC they hadn’t had numerous “he looks good, should we try and sign him?” conversations about players at our level. 

Many seem to be convinced this can’t possibly be the case though 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

How badly would it go down if we went in for Adam Johnson...?

I get the feeling you are posting this in a way that you already know we are going to go in for him and are gauging everyone's feelings in advance

Please be wrong. Don't want him anywhere near

4 hours ago, youngen said:

Not sure any player in this day and age genuinely considers whether the fans create an atmosphere. They just say it cos its media friendly. I.e Latics interviewers insistence on mentioning how good the fans are every other question

They do. I can’t remember his name but there was a player who played against us and liked what he heard so he came to watch us pre season at I think it was Curzon Ashton. We signed him a couple of years later and he fell foul of the boo boys so he didn’t like us as much after that. Probably plays in a division above us now!

l’ll remember his name later 🙄

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was about to say I'd be absolutely astounded if we even explored this after the Hughes and Ched situations, but then remembered it is Latics after all.

Lee, let's not beat around the bush here...are we looking into signing him?

My instinctive reaction, heart over head, is that I would not want anything to do with a club that employed and paid a convicted sex offender, and if this signing happened that would be me done with this depth-plumbing shit-show.

My more considered reaction, head over heart, is that we would be signing a 32-year-old footballer who hasn't played professionally in three years, that the signing of him would make this club and its fans the subject of never-ending anger, bile and derision, and that he's still a fucking convicted sex offender who pled guilty to grooming a 15-year-old. And that if this signing happened that would definitely be me done with this depth-plumbing shit-show.

Apologies for the language.

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

23 minutes ago, JTM said:

I get the feeling you are posting this in a way that you already know we are going to go in for him and are gauging everyone's feelings in advance

Please be wrong. Don't want him anywhere near

First they sent Lags to gauge current Barry sentiment.........

As talented as he is/was and, on his day, would tear this division apart, do we want or need another reason for the press to descend for all the wrong reasons?

The reaction, not just from our own fans, would have us pilloried, hung, drawn and quartered. The club would be subjected to Chedgate all over again, although probably even worse. 

In a nutshell, not on your bloody nellie.

Adam Johnson was transferred for c£20m in his career & earned over £60k per week for a large proportion of it.....

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/549482/Adam-Johnson-still-raking-5-week-behind-bars-prison

While in prison, he sold his house for £1.7m and built a new 7 bed property tucked out of the way....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/shamed-adam-johnson-2m-luxury-12832738

...he 31 now, so past his best with little/no prospect of returning to the highest grade....  unlike Lee Hughes & Ched Evans, neither of whom had either amassed enough personal wealth not to have to work again, or were still young enough to persue a career that could improve..... why on earth would Adam Johnson want to be subjected to the severe abuse he would inevitably endure on League Two terraces, while picking up a paltry amount of money [by his standards]  plying his trade at Ice Station Zebra?

Archived