Bunn Officially confirmed

3 minutes ago, robboman said:

Says hes a coach at Supersport United on wiki

Yes a South African team. According to Barnsley fans he’s a no nonsense sort of coach in the mould of Roy Hodgson. Just what Jack Byrne needs. Hehehe

Edited by Smiler13

37 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

So we’ve got father figures to the players in Bunn and Rhodes and maybe a grandad figure for them too.

No bad thing if it’s true. Lots of experience there of handling different types and characters of players. 

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looks like Bunn is the puppet AL has been looking for, no way whatsoever that he would of ever seen this new lad play never mind be okay with him being his first signing, farcical situation. 

This would be more credible if all our signings are like this one.Until then I'll have an open mind. It's no great surprise that an ex-agent is bringing someone in no one has heard of, it's what they do, especially as he controls the club. If this lad is back-up to Byrne and Baxter he'll do, if he can play !

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

This would be more credible if all our signings are like this one.Until then I'll have an open mind. It's no great surprise that an ex-agent is bringing someone in no one has heard of, it's what they do, especially as he controls the club. If this lad is back-up to Byrne and Baxter he'll do, if he can play !

We heard all the same reasoning peddled out last season with lets face it more established players, this signing smacks of desperation and I will be astounded if he is anywhere near the first team come the start of the season.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We heard all the same reasoning peddled out last season with lets face it more established players, this signing smacks of desperation and I will be astounded if he is anywhere near the first team come the start of the season.

Yard dog have you seen this guy play??? If not don’t you think you should reserve judgement until you do otherwise if this guy is technically gifted and better than say Fane or Gardner you are going to look mighty stupid. Why not see what he is like after pre season

You may well be right, no one knows yet, but to call our new manager ( who has quite a bit of respect in the game ) a puppet is a bit disrespectful at this point in time.

Looks like Bunn is the puppet AL has been looking for, no way whatsoever that he would of ever seen this new lad play never mind be okay with him being his first signing, farcical situation. 

Hes been training with the club so I assume FB will have had some say.

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You may well be right, no one knows yet, but to call our new manager ( who has quite a bit of respect in the game ) a puppet is a bit disrespectful at this point in time.

Given the speed of his appointment we can probably assume he is happy to go along with whatever he is told is happening.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Given the speed of his appointment we can probably assume he is happy to go along with whatever he is told is happening.

I think that’s a bit disrespectful of one of the best coaches in football, especially of young players. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

One can assume whatever one wants. What I object to is someone being called a puppet purely on assumption. He wouldn't have taken the job if he wasn't happy with the arrangement, assuming he was informed accurately.