Bunn Officially confirmed

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

All summer? He was appointed 57 days ago. 

I guess he should have spent those 8 weeks interrogating everyone of the other 23 clubs' coaching staffs (or those who had settled squads and managers, at any rate) and asking them how they were going to set up this season.

OK then - gross dereliction of duty by the manager. Bunn out!

Presumably he would have been looking for work after leaving his previous job. I'd like to think that involved studying players and teams at all levels. If he wasn't then that's pretty concerning and he really had no business accepting the job he's been employed to do.

If some other managers we've had said they didn't know about the opposition they'd have been crucified.

Having said that, I'd expect a manager to know a bit about the opposition. Maybe he does. 

I wouldn't expect a manager to admit he didn't know about them and give everyone a rod to beat him with if we get thumped.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Jesus. I'd say knowing everything you can possibly know about your opposition is a big part of being a football manager.

And when you say he and his team have had all summer, is that the team that was appointed on July 20? 20 days ago?

The evidence against Frankie is piling up. Clearly, he should not only have known as soon as we were relegated that Wellens would be sacked and that he was going to get the job that he had twice previously applied for; he should have been instructing his future coaching staff to fan out across the empty grounds of L2 and report back with full briefings on how their unknown playing squads were going to set up.

Let's face it, if our manager isn't psychic and is unable to predict the future, what chance do we have? We must be doomed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Jesus. I'd say knowing everything you can possibly know about your opposition is a big part of being a football manager.

So he's had all summer to scout the other 23 clubs in the division plus a few for luck in case we draw them in a cup. Busy chap. 

7 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

If some other managers we've had said they didn't know about the opposition they'd have been crucified.

Having said that, I'd expect a manager to know a bit about the opposition. Maybe he does. 

I wouldn't expect a manager to admit he didn't know about them and give everyone a rod to beat him with if we get thumped.

He said he’d watched them and knows they like to get it down and play and look a good footballing side.

how much scouting do you think Wellens did before he got the gig (probably not the best example but he did talk about forgoing an intimate weekend with the mrs to watch Mk Dons)

FB will scout teams as the season goes on as most managers do - the difference with most managers is that they’ve been in the leagues before or managers before - Frankie has neither been in this league nor managed before.

He was hired in the close season so not like he’s had any games to watch and if you think he can possibly watch videos of matches of every team in this league in the 57 days he’s employed whilst also running us please PM me your numbers as id love to get you involved in some time management courses for 1 or 2 of my team at work 

and maybe, just maybe he is being deliberately coy... we will see 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He said he’d watched them and knows they like to get it down and play and look a good footballing side.

how much scouting do you think Wellens did before he got the gig (probably not the best example but he did talk about forgoing an intimate weekend with the mrs to watch Mk Dons)

FB will scout teams as the season goes on as most managers do - the difference with most managers is that they’ve been in the leagues before or managers before - Frankie has neither been in this league nor managed before.

He was hired in the close season so not like he’s had any games to watch and if you think he can possibly watch videos of matches of every team in this league in the 57 days he’s employed whilst also running us please PM me your numbers as id love to get you involved in some time management courses for 1 or 2 of my team at work 

and maybe, just maybe he is being deliberately coy... we will see 

Ah fair enough - I hadn't heard the interview... 

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

And when you say he and his team have had all summer, is that the team that was appointed on July 20? 20 days ago?

The evidence against Frankie is piling up. Clearly, he should not only have known as soon as we were relegated that Wellens would be sacked and that he was going to get the job that he had twice previously applied for; he should have been instructing his future coaching staff to fan out across the empty grounds of L2 and report back with full briefings on how their unknown playing squads were going to set up.

Let's face it, if our manager isn't psychic and is unable to predict the future, what chance do we have? We must be doomed. 

Bunn appointed mid June, would have known who he was bringing in.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So he's had all summer to scout the other 23 clubs in the division plus a few for luck in case we draw them in a cup. Busy chap. 

No, but you'd expect he'd have had enough time to figure out how we would approach our first away game of the season...

Just now, Dave_Og said:

With his squad of a few dozen scouts doubtless. You don't half spout some nonsense, but then I think you know that. 

They have these things called DVD's these days David, allows you to view things that have been recorded, like football matches.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Nobody would realistically expect Bunn or other members of staff to scout all of our league opponents within the summer.  But surely you’d keep tabs on your first two or three opponents in the friendly games that have taken place.

Newly appointed manager doesn't have a full inside knowledge of teams that have played one game this season and still not finished recruiting players shocker. Some posters on here should really talk to the samaritans. Would work wonders for their fragile state of mind. 

Or maybe I'm too much of a happy clapper. Maybe we should demand Bunn be sacked after one game because he isn't telling us his full starting line up with who is back from injury and giving nothing away about how we will approach this game.

#BunnOut

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They have these things called DVD's these days David, allows you to view things that have been recorded, like football matches.

You’re trying too hard and it’s looking a bit too obvious.

Leave it to the professional trolls like Ryan and Kusunga. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

You’re trying too hard and it’s looking a bit too obvious.

Leave it to the professional trolls like Ryan and Kusunga. 

All these football analysts and the like are wasting their time. No need for any of it. Just turn up on the day and see what happens.

Just now, deyres42 said:

All these football analysts and the like are wasting their time. No need for any of it. Just turn up on the day and see what happens.

Do you honestly believe that football managers tell the truth in pre-match press conferences?

Wellens told lie after lie about injuries etc. and quite right too.  Why give anything away to the opposition?

6 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Do you honestly believe that football managers tell the truth in pre-match press conferences?

Wellens told lie after lie about injuries etc. and quite right too.  Why give anything away to the opposition?

Injuries I'm not bothered about. Saying you don't know what to expect comes across as unprofessional and a bit arrogant in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

In the interview he said they’ve been watched and described their style. 

Why are you persisting with the notion he knows nothing about them?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

In the interview he said they’ve been watched and described their style. 

Why are you persisting with the notion he knows nothing about them?

I'm talking generally not specifically about Forest Green.

Direct quotes from website

Although he admits he still doesn’t know what his side can prepare for specifically in League Two.

“I don't know really because I don't know what to expect from League Two” he exclaimed.

“I think you've got to cope with all sorts you know. I don't know how many teams will try and play I don't know how many teams will play direct, but you've got to cope with all sorts of football and we'll be ready Saturday.”

If he didn't say that then fine but they should probably take it down if he didn't.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

The same posters who are happy to see the back of one of our only players with a smidgen of personality due to social media comments are now lauding it over a gaffer who isn’t media trained, and doesn’t churn out lines straight from a coaches textbook, because it’s ‘refreshing’...

Seems like some of you will just defend the club for the sake of it - no matter how hypocritical you’re being in the process.

What an utterly stupid comparison. I mean really fucking STUPID. 

24 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

After David Dunn, and Wellens and even Sheridan you’re calling Bunn arrogant???

ffs now I know you’re on the wind up 

Yes that remark is so wide of the mark, a more humble and genuine man you will struggle to meet.

Your having a bit of a mare here Eyresy I think your golden boy being fired has ruffled your feathers maybe.