Bunn Officially confirmed

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes that remark is so wide of the mark, a more humble and genuine man you will struggle to meet.

Your having a bit of a mare here Eyresy I think your golden boy being fired has ruffled your feathers maybe.

Missing the point again, not talking about him as a person.

Opposition might look upon an admission of lack of preparation as arrogance.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fuck what the opposition think, they hardly worried themselves over what a succession of bullshit merchants Holden, Kelly, Dunn, Robinson, Wellens had to say so I don't think they will get overly precious that Frankle can't find the time to get down to Nailsworth beforehand to check them out. Honesty over bullshit then - let me think.....

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which game is he unprepared for?

I've come across a serious leak from the dressing room. Dan Gardner states in his interview that they have been working on FGR all week in training and how to stop what they do. The cheek to speak out and undermine Frankie Bunn should be met with swift action. Bunn says he doesn't know what to expect yet Gardner says they've been working on them in training. Disgusting. Can't believe he would publicallyembarrass the manager like this 

• Like 1

Having not been involved in League Two before, FB won't know the ins and outs of it. I'd say that's to be expected. In fact it was mentioned at the meet the manager event in pre-season. But also that he had "made lots of phone calls to likes of Martin Allen and Steve Evans."

But my goodness we like making mountains out of molehills don't we! My god! Think we're feeling flustered from not winning for 6 months anyone? :D

2 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Having not been involved in League Two before, FB won't know the ins and outs of it. I'd say that's to be expected. In fact it was mentioned at the meet the manager event in pre-season. But also that he had "made lots of phone calls to likes of Martin Allen and Steve Evans."

But my goodness we like making mountains out of molehills don't we! My god! Think we're feeling flustered from not winning for 6 months anyone? :D

Why the fuck has he got the job then?

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Why the fuck has he got the job then?

Managers can be good in a division despite not having managed there before. I mean teams get promoted and don't get rid of their manager because it's a new division. Or are you being deliberately antagonistic to try and get a rise out of people?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hard work this.

Let's just stick to abusing Gerrard, much easier.

Honestly don’t get what you’re trying to say, other than just being provocative. 

Given player and management turnover over the summer, I personally don’t see the issue if he doesn’t know exact styles/teamsheets/formations of every team in this league at this stage of the season. 

As we go, I’d expect intel to be gathered on every team so by the time we play each team we are fully prepared. 

Spending hours watching dvds of last seasons matches over the summer doesn’t seem like time well spent to me. 

2 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Managers can be good in a division despite not having managed there before. I mean teams get promoted and don't get rid of their manager because it's a new division. Or are you being deliberately antagonistic to try and get a rise out of people?

They certainly can and Bunn may do as well. That isn't the discussion point though.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Honestly don’t get what you’re trying to say, other than just being provocative. 

Given player and management turnover over the summer, I personally don’t see the issue if he doesn’t know exact styles/teamsheets/formations of every team in this league at this stage of the season. 

As we go, I’d expect intel to be gathered on every team so by the time we play each team we are fully prepared. 

Spending hours watching dvds of last seasons matches over the summer doesn’t seem like time well spent to me. 

Just seemed like a very strange thing to come out with. He should have a very good idea of how teams are shaping up, no excuse for not doing so. If he doesn't then he shouldn't have been employed.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They certainly can and Bunn may do as well. That isn't the discussion point though.

I just think far, far too much is being read into an out-of-context written quote taken from a video interview. You can more easily learn about different teams as you go than you can learn how to be a good coach. Otherwise we might as well have got Martin Allen.

Note how he talked about knowledge level of the division as a whole, not about being in the dark about our next opponents specifically.

Regardless, Tisdale admitted being clueless about us last week, it didn't seem to do Milton Keynes much harm!

“I'd be lying if I said I knew everything about them - they're in transition too, coming down like us, and it’s one of those times of year where you don't get the full picture on a team because you don't get to see behind the scenes.

“Therefore, it’s important for us to establish our own patterns on the game as soon as possible.”

Edited by Simpo

If you'd hired me in early June and given me a £10m budget to provide a detailed report on every aspect of how Oldham would play on 11th August, I'd be sat right now in front of a blank Word document wiping sweat from my forehead with a pile of elaborate expense receipts.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just seemed like a very strange thing to come out with. He should have a very good idea of how teams are shaping up, no excuse for not doing so. If he doesn't then he shouldn't have been employed.

Gardner says they've been working on FGR all week in training. What's your next moan about?

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fuck what the opposition think, they hardly worried themselves over what a succession of bullshit merchants Holden, Kelly, Dunn, Robinson, Wellens had to say so I don't think they will get overly precious that Frankle can't find the time to get down to Nailsworth beforehand to check them out. Honesty over bullshit then - let me think.....

I need a lie down - I agree with you far too much these days 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

39 minutes ago, leeslover said:

If you'd hired me in early June and given me a £10m budget to provide a detailed report on every aspect of how Oldham would play on 11th August, I'd be sat right now in front of a blank Word document wiping sweat from my forehead with a pile of elaborate expense receipts.

Just write "shit". You'd be 90% of the way there.

14 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Just write "shit". You'd be 90% of the way there.

But long ball or passing shite? Who will be shite on the left for us? Which shite French lad will come on in the second half?

It's blase confidence like yours that nearly allowed Napoleon to invade us in 1o40