Bunn Officially confirmed

Talking to a few Huddersfield Town fans, they all said Frankie was an excellent coach for them.  A disciplinarian with massive attention to detail on set pieces, formations, positioning on and off the ball plus really gelled players into a cohesive team that succeeded.  Big on performance management and analysis too.  All were gutted when he got sack due to Hoyle’s cost cutting and the secondary teams haven’t been the same since.

They also said he and Andy Rhodes worked well together and if we had money then wouldnt be surprised if he came in from Wednesday.  

Obviously depends on who he can bring in but sounded really positive.  Hopefully gets those players remaining firing on all cylinders as a team and fit to last the season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Talking to a few Huddersfield Town fans, they all said Frankie was an excellent coach for them.  A disciplinarian with massive attention to detail on set pieces, formations, positioning on and off the ball plus really gelled players into a cohesive team that succeeded.  Big on performance management and analysis too.  All were gutted when he got sack due to Hoyle’s cost cutting and the secondary teams haven’t been the same since.

They also said he and Andy Rhodes worked well together and if we had money then wouldnt be surprised if he came in from Wednesday.  

Obviously depends on who he can bring in but sounded really positive.  Hopefully gets those players remaining firing on all cylinders as a team and fit to last the season.

?

if the above is an accurate assessment of his style of coaching then the return of Frank Stephen Bunn may prove to be a shrewd appointment. 

I must admit that I’m somewhat baffled by the statement regarding ‘cost cutting’ ? - Huddersfield were in their first Premier League season when Bunn was released so I would have thought they would have been investing rather than cutting back. A shortsighted policy in my opinion to spend the bulk of the increased income that comes with the Premier League gravy train on bringing in highly paid players. They did survive but it will be interesting to see how they fare in the difficult second season.

As a final thought, hopefully we may pick up one or two of the players who played under Frankie and were released at the end of last season.

• Like 1

I think Udders were influenced to ditch the running cost of their Academy by the likes of Aaron Mooy. The view being, all the glamour clubs collect and hoard the best youth talent and then ditch the ones they deem surplus for like the of Udders to pick up, which they believe will be better than the youth Udders could develop on their own.

It seems a bold policy for sure.... but I guess when you have Premier League money to sign players you can afford the gamble.

Apparently Hoyle wasn’t happy that money was being spent on the youth academy but when battling for promotion to the Prem and once in the Prem, managers were signing players and claiming that they couldn’t wait for the youngsters to come through.

Hopefully we may prosper from some of that talent now because that youth team two or so years ago was playing brilliantly.

Not or sure if it's been officially announced, but looks like Rhodes will be number 2.  Ian Marshall just wrote the following on twitter...

"I think I will be making a trip up to Boundry Park this season to watch and support @FrankieBunn9  &  Rhodesy come on you Latics!!!!"

16 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

Not or sure if it's been officially announced, but looks like Rhodes will be number 2.  Ian Marshall just wrote the following on twitter...

"I think I will be making a trip up to Boundry Park this season to watch and support @FrankieBunn9  &  Rhodesy come on you Latics!!!!"

Wednesday fans seem convinced Rhodes is coming to Latics and that he'll be replaced by Kevin Pressman.

Seems like it is Rhodes then, and we have to view that as a positive in terms of #cheapoption claims surely?  Leaving the security of a GK coaching position in the Championship (which is presumably reasonably well paid) to take a league 2 assistant manager job.  

On 14/06/2018 at 11:59 PM, oafc0000 said:

Will he get the resources he will require or is it just another slow death march to the same old outcome....

Life is just another slow death march to the same old outcome.

The difference being that Latics produce the odd moment of fun.  Your comments don't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I’ve spent the last week whinging but I’m actually buzzing for the new season now - Wednesday fans are genuinely gutted about Rhodes leaving

I’m not building my hopes up as it’s Oldham but I too am buzzing for new season.  Admittedly dependent upon who we manage to add to the squad but convincing Rhodes to come here means AL must be able to demonstrate there’s a strategy in place...and funds.

Rhodes was in a very good role at Wednesday.  I’ve also spoken to someone who’s a massive SWFC fan and major sponsor.  He can’t believe Rhodes has dropped down to us and gutted he’s gone.  Comment was “you must have something to inspire Rhodes to leave us because the club rated Rhodes highly and his salary reflected this.  Doing great things with our keepers”. Also said wouldn’t be surprised we’d now get Cameron Dawson on loan - highly rated prospect playing at England level.

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I’m not building my hopes up as it’s Oldham but I too am buzzing for new season.  Admittedly dependent upon who we manage to add to the squad but convincing Rhodes to come here means AL must be able to demonstrate there’s a strategy in place...and funds.

Rhodes was in a very good role at Wednesday.  I’ve also spoken to someone who’s a massive SWFC fan and major sponsor.  He can’t believe Rhodes has dropped down to us and gutted he’s gone.  Comment was “you must have something to inspire Rhodes to leave us because the club rated Rhodes highly and his salary reflected this.  Doing great things with our keepers”. Also said wouldn’t be surprised we’d now get Cameron Dawson on loan - highly rated prospect playing at England level.

It’s coming home and the mighty blues are going straight back up with a three figure points total