Bunn Officially confirmed

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How could he know? A good chunk of the teams have changed managers and we know what player turnover is like these days. 

He and his team should know all there is to know about every team, it is their job.

I could tell that him that Mark Cooper sides generally get the ball down and play so if you're reading Frankie you can have that one for free.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

He and his team should know all there is to know about every team, it is their job.

I could tell that him that Mark Cooper sides generally get the ball down and play so if you're reading Frankie you can have that one for free.

That’s literally what he said about them. 

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That’s literally what he said about them. 

According to 442 magazine:

’Cooper is a versatile tactician who has no set philosophy; he has played out from the back, gone route one and almost everything in between’

Hope that helps, Frankie. ?

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why not apply for the managers job next time round. Let’s see if you will disclose your tactics before your next game. I think not or are you completely stupid. 

39 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don't think he's had much media training has he? Would prefer Rhodes to do some of the pressers. Bunn just feels like he cant say anything without the stock answers 'we'll try stick to our game plan and get the 3 points'. No updates on any of the injuries seeing as their being kept confidential for some strange reason. Refusal to speak on targets as to whether anyone will come in. Makes me feel all a bit uneasy to be honest. The Ifollow video was about 3:50 mins. Other pressers with previous manages have always been about 6-8 mins long. Could be due to AL's new love for secrecy. 

Do we really want someone who's had "media training" whereby we hear what they say but they say nothing or just let them not answer in their own way. If you expect Frankie to say who's fit and expected to play I think you'll be disappointed for the rest of his tenure, it's not his style apparently. As for naming targets only top managers with a big bankroll do that to unsettle their targets. Plus we all get the chance to post our suggested teams and then whinge away when the manager disagrees with us. I'm all for a bit of secrecy it's a pleasant change from all the shit that appears on social media.

Edited by Bobledgersheart
  • Like 1

If we win on Saturday, the puerile comments on here attacking FB's press conference will hopefully be forgotten. If we lose then no doubt some of the Championship Manager keyboard warriors will be out in force scenting blood.

Andy B's comment above says it all for me and those fretting about the manager really do need to calm down.

41 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Well if its true and it wasn't just a bad choice of words then we'll find out soon with the fixtures we have coming up. Failure to get at least 6/7 points out of the next 3 would be a huge setback.

A huge setback. If we get 5 points from the next 3 it would be a HUGE setback?  You are such a drama queen. 

We have had plenty of bullshit managers over the years who had the gift of speaking to the media but could do fuck all on a football pitch. Give me Bunn any day a proper football man instead of one of these so called managers who when open their mouth the biggest load of shit comes out. 

Edited by Fervid

“I don't know really because I don't know what to expect from League Two” he exclaimed.

“I think you've got to cope with all sorts you know. I don't know how many teams will try and play I don't know how many teams will play direct, but you've got to cope with all sorts of football and we'll be ready Saturday.”

I think this is worthy of debate.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

“I don't know really because I don't know what to expect from League Two” he exclaimed.

“I think you've got to cope with all sorts you know. I don't know how many teams will try and play I don't know how many teams will play direct, but you've got to cope with all sorts of football and we'll be ready Saturday.”

I think this is worthy of debate.

I may be wrong but I don't think he's coached at this level. As somebody said earlier, the turnover in managers and players at this level is not insignificant. He is a new manager, 1 game into a 46 game season, operating on a shoestring budget, and having to deal with two troublemakers that we know of plus an owner who, perhaps, is challenging. Give the guy a break.

His comments get 10/10 for honesty from me, better that than the kind of spin that The Poisoned Dwarf used to come out with. I'm sure he'll have done as much homework on FGR as he could in the limited time available, it's then up to the team that he puts out tomorrow.

The same posters who are happy to see the back of one of our only players with a smidgen of personality due to social media comments are now lauding it over a gaffer who isn’t media trained, and doesn’t churn out lines straight from a coaches textbook, because it’s ‘refreshing’...

Seems like some of you will just defend the club for the sake of it - no matter how hypocritical you’re being in the process.

Just now, Ryan said:

The same posters who are happy to see the back of one of our only players with a smidgen of personality due to social media comments are now lauding it over a gaffer who isn’t media trained, and doesn’t churn out lines straight from a coaches textbook, because it’s ‘refreshing’...

Seems like some of you will just defend the club for the sake of it - no matter how hypocritical you’re being in the process.

I’m happy to see the back of a gob shite who as it has been spelled out several times in this thread committed gross misconduct to the letter and was therefore rightly sacked!!

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Do Latics fans love a maverick or not? Need to make their minds up...

Can’t speak for all but not personally no. I’d rather someone kept any grievances dealt with through proper channels and got on with his job.

Go on Twitter and slag off your employer - let me know how you get on at the job centre afterwards 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I may be wrong but I don't think he's coached at this level. As somebody said earlier, the turnover in managers and players at this level is not insignificant. He is a new manager, 1 game into a 46 game season, operating on a shoestring budget, and having to deal with two troublemakers that we know of plus an owner who, perhaps, is challenging. Give the guy a break.

His comments get 10/10 for honesty from me, better that than the kind of spin that The Poisoned Dwarf used to come out with. I'm sure he'll have done as much homework on FGR as he could in the limited time available, it's then up to the team that he puts out tomorrow.

He and his team have had all summer, that doesn't wash I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If you want that kind of "personality" move to Liverpool it's full of them.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He and his team have had all summer, that doesn't wash I'm afraid.

All summer? He was appointed 57 days ago. 

I guess he should have spent those 8 weeks interrogating everyone of the other 23 clubs' coaching staffs (or those who had settled squads and managers, at any rate) and asking them how they were going to set up this season.

OK then - gross dereliction of duty by the manager. Bunn out!