Bunn Officially confirmed

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Looks like Bunn is the puppet AL has been looking for, no way whatsoever that he would of ever seen this new lad play never mind be okay with him being his first signing, farcical situation. 

Welcome to modern football. Most top level managers rely on scouting now, they can't spend their lives flogging around Europe, Africa, South America... 

Edited by Dave_Og

Perhaps sometimes a manager, no matter how experienced, trusts the judgement of his club’s owner who happened to be a successful agent spotting talent in the French/African market?

Im also confident FB will be bringing in his own players.  He doesn’t fetch me as the same Wellens who was cutting his teeth and took his first manager role via internal promotion.  FB was out of work but would he blot his CV jumping straight into OAFC without getting assurances of signing his own players?  Equally would Rhodes jump from a well-paid, secure job at SWFC without assurances of the club matching his ambitions and allowing to coach?  Granted both love this club but I cannot believe either would risk it here on little money unless the owner demonstrated ambition.  There’s too many Oldham fans around AL now who would remain quiet in return for a few quid.

Perhaps the delays are genuine and linked to banking issues and legacy undisclosed debts?! 

Lets see the squad come August and our first game in L2

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What does that mean? 

In my opinion AL has the best interests of our club and obviously wants us to succeed as owner.  He’s retaining or involving Oldham ‘fans’ in the process; Trust, Brooke as CD, Owen in advisory position...even FB & AR as Manager & Assistant Manager.  Might not all be his decisions but appears to have tapped into what this club means rather than trying to make it a money maker.

With those fans in and around AL now, would they all remain quiet to retain their positions, salaries etc if AL was driving the club into the ground?  I very much doubt it after the issues with Corney.... that’s what I mean.

All irrelevant really as I think AL has his own wealth or networked investment from elsewhere to improve matters and AL wants us to succeed.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

In my opinion AL has the best interests of our club and obviously wants us to succeed as owner.  He’s retaining or involving Oldham ‘fans’ in the process; Trust, Brooke as CD, Owen in advisory position...even FB & AR as Manager & Assistant Manager.  Might not all be his decisions but appears to have tapped into what this club means rather than trying to make it a money maker.

With those fans in and around AL now, would they all remain quiet to retain their positions, salaries etc if AL was driving the club into the ground?  I very much doubt it after the issues with Corney.... that’s what I mean.

All irrelevant really as I think AL has his own wealth or networked investment from elsewhere to improve matters and AL wants us to succeed.

Good. It came across very differently! 

• 3 weeks later...

Frankie Bunn confirms his new backroom staff.

Max Wragg takes up the role of first team coach, Lawrence Williams will be the club’s first team analyst, and Stuart Vance will become the club’s fitness coach.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/july/20072018-management-team-announced/

Edited by LaticMark

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Last month Alan Nixon stated, on Twitter,  that Latics were going to appoint 73 year-old veteran coach Eric Winstanley as first team coach. Instead they've appointed 27 year-old Max Wragg.

Yeah, that's the kind of about-face you have to make when you offer 40-year contracts. Back to the Premier League by 2038!

On 4 July 2018 at 9:20 AM, Midsblue said:

Surrounding himself with fans isn't on the agenda for AL,fans or not he will sack any of them .

10 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Last month Alan Nixon stated, on Twitter,  that Latics were going to appoint 73 year-old veteran coach Eric Winstanley as first team coach. Instead they've appointed 27 year-old Max Wragg.

From what I remember, his son posted on Barnsley’s forum when the news came out and said it wasn’t the case as at his age and due to previous health problems he probably wouldn’t be on a training ground again so I’m guessing maybe if he’s involved it’s just an advisory role as apparently he is mates with AR - http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/eric-winstanley.269502/

Edited by samgoafc

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think he's had much media training has he? Would prefer Rhodes to do some of the pressers. Bunn just feels like he cant say anything without the stock answers 'we'll try stick to our game plan and get the 3 points'. No updates on any of the injuries seeing as their being kept confidential for some strange reason. Refusal to speak on targets as to whether anyone will come in. Makes me feel all a bit uneasy to be honest. The Ifollow video was about 3:50 mins. Other pressers with previous manages have always been about 6-8 mins long. Could be due to AL's new love for secrecy. 

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He doesn't know what to expect in League 2 and doesn't know how other teams will set up and play...

How could he know? A good chunk of the teams have changed managers and we know what player turnover is like these days. 

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He doesn't know what to expect in League 2 and doesn't know how other teams will set up and play...

Surely it's just like the Premiership, Championship and League One...just shitter.