Bunn Officially confirmed

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

I don’t like how he says ‘the fans stuck with us throughout’ in the FGR postmatch. He should have acknowledged that some (maybe even lots) boooo’d at HT. He had himself just acknowledged that the first half was poor, so he could have.

I didn’t, but you know that.

Rumour going round social media is that Gardner’s celebration was to berate fans for booing.

Booing is counterproductive in my view, especially at HT, but that was one of the worst first halves I’ve seen us play ever.

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Rumour going round social media is that Gardner’s celebration was to berate fans for booing.

Booing is counterproductive in my view, especially at HT, but that was one of the worst first halves I’ve seen us play ever.

Yeah I think he did, I was too busy telling him to get the fuckin ball and stop celebrating making it 1-1 against Forest Green.

But I understand his emotions.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No rumour... I was right infront of it. He seemed up for a fight and was saying. 'Stop fucking booing' seemed to be dragged away by the other players. If only he could channel his aggression into getting the rest of the players fired up

Honestly you could bring in a top manager for this level and they wouldn't do much better than Bunn will. Without a doubt the worst squad in the last 50 years. People are crying out for Benteke to get a game because of how poor our other striking options are. That's a lad who was 5th choice in a relegated side behind the likes of Aaron Holloway. Grim.

56 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'd honestly be thinking about a change.

He's admitted he doesn't know what to expect in the league, the excuses are already being trotted out and I don't get any sense of positivity coming from him.

The big problem is that it seems that we are skint. What magic beans we had have been already been spent on Coke, Miller, O’Grady etc. Bunn’s hands are tied. He may be incompetent but he’s not been given the tools to do his job or it at least appears that way.

Edited by johnafoafc

I like Bunn but I believe the 'no comment'/'keeping it in house stuff' is going to turn a lot against him very quickly if we don't get some good results. I understand that he's afraid of saying the wrong thing and feeling the wrath of Abdallah - you have to remember that this is his first job back in football for a while and if he gets sacked from Latics he'll struggle to find another role that isn't coaching kids for more than a few hours a week on shite money. He's obviously going to refuse to comment if that ensures he can provide for his family for another week. However, it's looking like the situation may get to a point where he's going to have to stand up to Mr Lemsagam if he truly loves the club as much as keeps saying he does. If he's genuinely allowed Jack Byrne to be sacked without putting up a fight , and demanding that his wage is reinvested into new signings, then he's a fucking coward. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

You mean sack Bunn,? 2 games in, that must be a record, even for this board, 

...........FFS!!!

I’m with you but you don’t need to say it six times.... (you could say it 100 times and it wouldn’t make a difference) 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

Hahahahaha. deyres42 wants Bunn gone 2 games in and it's liked by Kusunga. Just shows the absolute bullshit we see on here gets worse and worse when you think it couldn't. 

Did I want to be 2 games in with 1 point on the board, no. Do I think because Bunn doesn't want to discuss disciplinary issues in public he should be gone? Or because we have about 5 injuries? No. Grow up 

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Hahahahaha. deyres42 wants Bunn gone 2 games in and it's liked by Kusunga. Just shows the absolute bullshit we see on here gets worse and worse when you think it couldn't. 

Did I want to be 2 games in with 1 point on the board, no. Do I think because Bunn doesn't want to discuss disciplinary issues in public he should be gone? Or because we have about 5 injuries? No. Grow up 

What are his credentials? Because as far as I can see he doesn't have any. We've ended up with a goalkeeper coach as an assistant manager. Their contact book doesn't seem to have much in it going off the signings.

I’m staggered by some of the reactionary garbage I’m reaching on here already.  It’s off the scale hysteria. Absolute babies. 

Abdallah is already evil and Bunn is a gutless inept yes man with no balls.  You should be ashamed, but you won’t be because you are entitled children. 

Just now, deyres42 said:

What are his credentials? Because as far as I can see he doesn't have any. We've ended up with a goalkeeper coach as an assistant manager. Their contact book doesn't seem to have much in it going off the signings.

He has a better coaching pedigree along with Rhodes than about our last 10 managers. If you genuinely want him gone after 2 games and aren't doing your usual trolling then you're a moron, obviously.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Absolute nonsense.

What credentials does any first time manager have? I’d argue he has more than most who venture in to management for the first time.  He wasn’t my first choice but for fuck sake give him a chance. 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

He has a better coaching pedigree along with Rhodes than about our last 10 managers. If you genuinely want him gone after 2 games and aren't doing your usual trolling then you're a moron, obviously.

We didn't need a coach, we needed a manager.

There was no interview process, he's got the job from the recommendation of Barry Owen.

It is probably the most important position to recruit well in and we keep failing to do so time and time again.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Coaching ability is one thing. Man management is another thing. To me he doesn't seem to have that charm.

If you went on Saturday there was a stark contrast to the two teams. Forest Green's players were in sync, constantly talking and shouting instructions to each other and helping each other out.

Ours? Silence... Only Gardner really who spent most of the time bollocking Missilou for being in the wrong position all the time before he was hauled off.

What does this tell you? It shows which is the well drilled side with clear instructions and the other side which seems to have been cobbled together last minute and shoved in and told to hope for the best. 

I've also just said sacking Bunn really isn't the answer but I totally agree with Deyres's points about Bunn's demonstration of his abilities thus far. If this carries on though he wont be here for much longer. I do want Bunn and Rhodes to succeed, desperately, but if they're not good enough, they're not good enough fin. 

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Absolute nonsense to suggest AL ought to be considering binning Bunn off. Not sure many managers would be able to get more out the 11 that started yesterday. Not sure why or where all these injuries have come from but that’s about the only stick you might be able to beat Bunn with at this stage.

The thing to be critical of is our transfer business. It’s been very, very poor and as above, the fact we’re calling out for Benteke shows the state of our attacking options. Can’t quite get my head around why the money has dried up so much versus last year but we’ve been set up to fail (and by failure I mean bottom half - still don’t think we’ll go down).

Edited by south east latic

We could go down without a whimper and you'd struggle to convince me that FB and AR's lack of managerial ability played a bigger role than the chronic lack of investment in our godawful playing squad. Wellens had the tools, these two don't. 

Edited by Ryan

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Coaching ability is one thing. Man management is another thing. To me he doesn't seem to have that charm.

If you went on Saturday there was a stark contrast to the two teams. Forest Green's players were in sync, constantly talking and shouting instructions to each other and helping each other out.

Ours? Silence... Only Gardner really who spent most of the time bollocking Missilou for being in the wrong position all the time before he was hauled off.

What does this tell you? It shows which is the well drilled side with clear instructions and the other side which seems to have been cobbled together last minute and shoved in and told to hope for the best. 

I've also just said sacking Bunn really isn't the answer but I totally agree with Deyres's points about Bunn's demonstration of his abilities thus far. If this carries on though he wont be here for much longer. I do want Bunn and Rhodes to succeed, desperately, but if they're not good enough, they're not good enough fin. 

Yes. But give him a chance.  Perhaps if his start is as bad as “God’s” last year he will be gone too. But I doubt it will be THAT bad. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Honestly you could bring in a top manager for this level and they wouldn't do much better than Bunn will. Without a doubt the worst squad in the last 50 years. People are crying out for Benteke to get a game because of how poor our other striking options are. That's a lad who was 5th choice in a relegated side behind the likes of Aaron Holloway. Grim.

Considered 5th choice by Richie Wellens, who lost the plot.  Reckon Benteke should be given a go - he had his goal-scoring boots on pre-season.

But I agree, we won't bring in any manager who could do much better than Bunn.  Who would want to work under the constraints the position has imposed on it?