Bunn Officially confirmed

4 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

I really want to like Frankie, and would love him to succeed, but his press conferences are a massive bummer...

Agreed. I liked his early ones..... but I'd love to address him after this one, with the following;

1. A 1-2 home defeat at home to MK franchise is never going to be ok.

2. A draw at Forest Green in a league game is a minimum requirement.

3. A game against Derby County is just another game. There is nothing fkin 'Wow; about playing Derby County when you support Oldham Athletic, Frankie!

4. The fact you've only got 15 players to choose from is the fault of our owner and you (!) Play Jack Byrne FFS!!!!

We have to build from here and we need positive support to do that, we don't need doom and gloom. I hear people with negative comments, and I think why?”

Why indeed? Moaning isn’t going to change a single thing.

Ah well FB....  Looks like you’ll have to put up with more whining for a bit longer.  

Keep going, get those players back and let’s see what happens.  

Edited by kowenicki

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

We have to build from here and we need positive support to do that, we don't need doom and gloom. I hear people with negative comments, and I think why?

Because it's fucking dreadful and not what he promised? 

Even the basics of working hard and talking to each other seem to have deserted this lot. Five men in midfield and only one showing and looking for the ball in Gardner, Bunn himself looked a beaten man on the touchline Saturday so what message is that sending to the players? 

Taking plaudits along with criticism is par for the course for a football manager and he's going to need a thick skin if he continues to put out a midfield and forward line like he did on Saturday because more often than not we will get roasted, I hope he can turn it round because I like the man and his assistant but recent performances have been unacceptable and it's his job to pull it round.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Because it's fucking dreadful and not what he promised? 

Even the basics of working hard and talking to each other seem to have deserted this lot. Five men in midfield and only one showing and looking for the ball in Gardner, Bunn himself looked a beaten man on the touchline Saturday so what message is that sending to the players? 

Taking plaudits along with criticism is par for the course for a football manager and he's going to need a thick skin if he continues to put out a midfield and forward line like he did on Saturday because more often than not we will get roasted, I hope he can turn it round because I like the man and his assistant but recent performances have been unacceptable and it's his job to pull it round.

So we are going to ignore the injury problems totally then? There are a lot of kids in that team. 

Opinions. I’m prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt beyond 2 games. You’re not. That’s fine.  We shall see. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So we are going to ignore the injury problems totally then? There are a lot of kids in that team. 

Opinions. I’m prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt beyond 2 games. You’re not. That’s fine.  We shall see. 

Who is missing that would make a massive difference? A 36yo centre back whose form fell off a cliff last season and a left back who hasn't played a competitive match for us.

Midfield was a big problem area last season and it still hasn't been addressed.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Who is missing that would make a massive difference? A 36yo centre back whose form fell off a cliff last season and a left back who hasn't played a competitive match for us.

Midfield was a big problem area last season and it still hasn't been addressed.

I just said... I’m prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt beyond 2 games, you’re (also) not. That’s fine. 

We could debate it forever, but ultimately it’s time that will tell. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

I just said... I’m prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt beyond 2 games, you’re (also) not. That’s fine. 

We could debate it forever, but ultimately it’s time that will tell. 

You not at all concerned that he is already talking in negative terms and digging fans out?

This is his one and probably only chance in management at the club he loves above all others, he should be overflowing with positivity at this stage.

The support for the first home game was excellent I thought the fans got behind the team. We then sell out for a game which is an 8 hour round trip to the arse end of nowhere to watch a dismal 1-1 draw. 

The supporters arent the problem we are all waiting for something anything just to cling on too. Win games show abit of passion and the crowd will back the players.

We dont expect a team that wins every game even at this level, we just expect one that trys to.

Edited by GlossopLatic

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So what other options did he have for these positions? 

Maouche-worse option

Benteke-not seen him but not well regarded on here.

Other subs were defender and 2 kids.

Fine to criticise when he has choices but his hands were a bit tied on Saturday and will be for a few more games until injuries clear or we get loanees.

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You not at all concerned that he is already talking in negative terms and digging fans out?

This is his one and probably only chance in management at the club he loves above all others, he should be overflowing with positivity at this stage.

Ok. Yes I am... but.... once again...  I’m prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt beyond 2 games, you’re (also) not. That’s fine.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The support for the first home game was excellent I thought the fans got behind the team. We then sell out for a game which is an 8 hour round trip to the arse end of nowhere to watch a dismal 1-1 draw. 

The supporters arent the problem we are all waiting for something anything just to cling on too. Win games show abit of passion and the crowd will back the players.

We dont expect a team that wins every game even at this level, we just expect one that trys to.

There are some people on this forum who want a word with you...

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

So what other options did he have for these positions? 

Maouche-worse option

Benteke-not seen him but not well regarded on here.

Other subs were defender and 2 kids.

Fine to criticise when he has choices but his hands were a bit tied on Saturday and will be for a few more games until injuries clear or we get loanees.

Get the players in who we need then, Missilou and Branger are his? If he's given O'Grady, Benteke and Coke contracts on what he's seen I'm really worried and the midfield would of ticked along just fine with Byrne in it on Saturday, sorry but this lot just ain't up to it and we need three or four yesterday, Bunn shouldn't be having a dig at fans he should be knocking on AL's door and asking him why he's being took for a cunt.

Even if Clarke comes in it may not improve we had five midfielders Saturday four of which were outshone by an unfit Baxter who showed more desire in minute one of the second half than Coke and Maouche  have in the two games between them, non existent wingers who can't beat a man nor cross a ball, a forward who would struggle in the Oldham Sunday League and nothing on the bench, what happened to this development team AL was on about? If Benteke is not up to it (he most definitely isn't ) why the fuck sign him? It's shit, needs sorting and sharpish.

The club is a mess and he really does have his work cut out. He does need time, assuming he is the right person for the job. Tactics like Saturday really won't help his cause. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting he loses his job, but most of us who spent a lot of money and time going down there on Saturday and were served up that shite are right to be unhappy.

I'm off for another mini-hiatus now...

Bunn was, in my opinion, the wrong appointment, and there have been quite a few at Latics recently. F**k knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes at the club but Bunn is quickly coming across as defensive, negative and, I sense, disappointed. Shades of Wellens already? The signings of Coke and O'Grady [better with Miller for me, even Duffus on his return] filled me with dread, not excitement. I think Branger, Edmundson and Missilou have something to offer and with Taylor, Dummigan and a fit Baxter, the team will perform better. I have a feeling we won't see Clarke again and definitely not Byrne.

If no wins are forthcoming soon, especially against Macclesfield, then I can see this rash idiot of an owner swinging his axe again. I usually try to stay out of conflicts such as this but I have an underlying sense of something being very wrong...as do others.

Edited by Wardie
Ooops, wrong team for Saturday. :D

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He could certainly do with taking a leaf out of your and Kusunga's songbook. Are you two the new Chuckle Bothers?

I know that I’d have a different view of the FGR performance and result if I’d paid the best part of £100 to sit through a performance that everyone acknowledges was awful...

BUT, having not spent the money or had to watch how bad it was, an away draw against a team who had won 4-1 away on the first day- despite us having seven injuries, no money & (arguably) our best player suspended- is not the sort of result that makes me want a change of management.

I can’t appreciate how bad it was in the flesh, but it’s not the worst result we’ve ever had. I’m not inspired by Bunn’s press conferences but he’s clearly got a difficult job. I expect us to get tonked tomorrow, but Bunn needs more time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

He could certainly do with taking a leaf out of your and Kusunga's songbook. Are you two the new Chuckle Bothers?

Fairly certain you just want people to never complain about the club no matter how justified it is. You and a few others are incredibly deluded. The clubs in trouble yet you fail to see this or choose to ignore it. You and the other happy clappers then come on here and then bemoan me and others who dare criticise a performance most of if not all fans who travelled to Forest Green would say was horrific. Or also to criticise an owner who has seemingly cut the wage bill to nothing only for it not to be re-invested, along with a manager as inspiring as Theresa may on her campaign trail.

Get the rose tinted specs off and open your eyes and stop pretending everything is ok. This isn’t aimed at just you, also at the other happy clappers who refuse to accept the situation we’re in is real and then seem to pin it on the ‘negative’ fans.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Been watching sport long enough to know when something doesn't feel right and it feels that way to me.

Obviously I hope he proves me wrong.

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Fairly certain you just want people to never complain about the club no matter how justified it is. You and a few others are incredibly deluded. The clubs in trouble yet you fail to see this or choose to ignore it. You and the other happy clappers then come on here and then bemoan me and others who dare criticise a performance most of if not all fans who travelled to Forest Green would say was horrific. Or also to criticise an owner who has seemingly cut the wage bill to nothing only for it not to be re-invested, along with a manager as inspiring as Theresa may on her campaign trail.

Get the rose tinted specs off and open your eyes and stop pretending everything is ok. This isn’t aimed at just you, also at the other happy clappers who refuse to accept the situation we’re in is real and then seem to pin it on the ‘negative’ fans.

It's not about people never complaining. It's about the same whining about the same stuff every single day. Moaning on here won't change anything. It's about whining about stuff that doesn't need to be moaned about. It's about hammering everything the club does regardless.

If something is justified have a whinge. But don't keep bleating on about that sane thing. It's boring.

We all know that there are issues at the club. We all know there were issues when SC was running it. He wasn't the devil neither is AL. Not everything is a conspiracy like a few seem to believe. Some things are just bad decisions and mistakes that anyone in any walk of life makes daily. Some things are downright stupid. Somethings cant be helped. Try a reasoned outlook on things. Be much healthier for you.

I can see why Bunn was saying the fans should stick with them. 2 games in. Lots of injuries. No other team he could really have put out with who was fit and yet people moan about the team selection for one thing. Moaning about the effort is one thing but he has nobody else fit to pick.

If you wind it in and moan when relevant. And don't keep repeating the same drivel. Then people won't find you and your mate Ryan so ridiculously annoying.