MK Dons - Starting X1

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Even more depressing is how it isn’t true yet people still say it.

But they weren’t. . . 

Never mind anyway, let’s live in a everything’s ok utopia. It’s easier. 

As things stand, 

We are skint.

We have had a massive clear out of any big earner- Gerrard and maybe Byrne are next. 

The squad looks very thin. 

We only have Baxter with any real quality. 

Thats not doom and gloom, it’s just where we are, hopefully Bunn can make them more than the sum of their parts. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, League one forever said:

But they weren’t. . . 

As things stand, 

We are skint.

We have had a massive clear out of any big earner- Gerrard and maybe Byrne are next. 

Thats not doom and gloom, it’s just where we are, hopefully Bunn can make them more than the sum of their parts. 

You cant invent your own truths.

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You cant invent your own truths.

I thought we all did that? 

People want to be positive- I understand that. Equally though I think it’s important to get our heads out of the clouds. We aren’t going to sign anyone of quality- Especially a real proven striker. The level of our current signings, and the offloading tells you that. 

It doesn’t mean we can’t do ok, if Bunn gets them working for each other, which I’m sure he will. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I thought we all did that? 

People want to be positive- I understand that. Equally though I think it’s important to get our heads out of the clouds. We aren’t going to sign anyone of quality- Especially a real proven striker. The level of our current signings, and the offloading tells you that. 

It doesn’t mean we can’t do ok, if Bunn gets them working for each other, which I’m sure he will. 

Don't rule that out yet 

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Love how your post takes into account wages we've added, money lost from dropping down a league due to lower payments from the football league and lower away attendances etc. 

Oh wait, it doesn't.

You've no idea if we're saving an enormous amount of money on last year

You've no idea what the money saved from Byrne would go on. You just default to the worst case scenario of it not going back into the playing squad.

How depressed does general life make you? Judging by the majority of your posts you might need the number for Samaritans.

Get a grip 

A very strange comment. I’m depressed because I've roughly estimated the reduction in the wage bill since last season. Ok mate :lol:

The solidarity payments difference between League One and Two is around £200,000 (can’t be bothered to look up the exact figure but they’re well published). I don’t think attendances will fall to a noticeable level and smaller away followings will also save the club money on policing/stewarding costs. The lower figures I estimated were fairly conservative and the real amount is probably somewhere in the middle of the two - I don’t think £2 million will be far wide of the mark.

Thought Branger looked really good yesterday was ineffective when they put him on the right though as he tried to keep cutting in and their LB read his movement too easily. Had their RB on toast in the first half mind and consistently pumped balls into the box. If we can get Cotterill's signature over the line we'll have two very good wingers on the books.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

But they weren’t. . . 

As things stand, 

We are skint.

How are we skint? We’ve cleared bad eggs in the camp (Gerrard, Davies who i’d have kept but did not get on with the owner) signed a ton of players, Baxter won’t be earning pittance....also why would Andy rhodes leave such a cushy job at Wednesday if we where that skint?

Recently turned down 200k for Gardner from Fleetwood and surprisingly more than that for Hunt. Also holding out for as much as possibls on Hamer...

If we where skint all 3 would have gone for far lower fees yet we have rejected bids. We are in no way skint..

Signing Cotterill monday...we are in no way skint, just Al trying to spend his money cleverly this time rather than throwing 11k a week at players who couldn’t give a toss about us. 

6 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

How are we skint? We’ve cleared bad eggs in the camp (Gerrard, Davies who i’d have kept but did not get on with the owner) signed a ton of players, Baxter won’t be earning pittance....also why would Andy rhodes leave such a cushy job at Wednesday if we where that skint?

Recently turned down 200k for Gardner from Fleetwood and surprisingly more than that for Hunt. Also holding out for as much as possibls on Hamer...

If we where skint all 3 would have gone for far lower fees yet we have rejected bids. We are in no way skint..

Signing Cotterill monday...we are in no way skint, just Al trying to spend his money cleverly this time rather than throwing 11k a week at players who couldn’t give a toss about us. 

Stop applying logic on here, it is NOT ALLOWED.

9 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Where has the rejected bids info come from?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Where has the rejected bids info come from?

Someone quite high up at latics. I’ll admit I an no way “in the know” which most claim to be nowadays but have 1 friend who certainly is as his firm have a box at the ground so he regularly speaks to Al and higher ups and the other Is a mutual friend online who again has got 99% of things right in the past. 

Again, not me ITK but 2 people who I know for certain are

Archived