MK Dons - Starting X1

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Havent seen anything bar todays game.

Taking the positives from this- Graham looks a player, Hamer if what is to be belived won't be here much longer unfortunately, hope the rumours aren't true because we have a decent back 4 there with Clarke thrown in.

New French lads can actually play football and seem promising. 

Gardner had a good game and covered a lot of ground, few stray passes but he will shine if Byrne isnt to play

Decent balls into the box ala last season, just need someone there to convert them.

One thing though, would of swore Ricketts was playing number 11!! Lots of standing about, hands on hips type play!  

Miller was statuesqe

Venus di miller so to speak

Defence switched off a couple of times but that's down to experience. Coke wasn't in the game and like people have said we looked better with Nepo on.

Missile put himself about and can pass. Branger also looked good. Can put a good ball in and beat a man

I'd rather have Miller on than O'Grady from today's game. Looks more of a handful.

Surridge plenty of running just didn't get the rub of the green a few times.

So much better second half. Deserved something.

I was worried after 20 minutes, we started so poorly. After that I enjoyed the hard working performance of a pretty young squad. Alot of hard work with a lack of quality is how i’d describe that. Positives that 4-5 who would probably start are injured, and its sounds as though 2 more will come in. 

We really need to sort the Byrne situation out this week, without knowing the ins and outs I’d love it if we could get him in that team. If MK are the best team in our league then he’d rip this division up when on form. Other than Agard who will score a lot this season I thought they looked very ordinary. 

Not too impressed with Miller or O’grady, but out of the 2 i’d stick with Miller, O’grady was truly dreadful when he came on. 

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We dominated the 2nd half. The first 20 minutes cost us we started too slow.

If thats the best side in this division we have nothing to fear. Start with Nepo and Ogrady over Miller and coke next week and start better and we will beat Forrest Green.

Plenty to be encouraged about.

Cant agree. O’Grady was pointless when he came on.  Stick with the same two up top next week. Play them in to form. 

Nepo def should start though... as he should have all of last season. 

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Cant agree. O’Grady was pointless when he came on.  Stick with the same two up top next week. Play them in to form. 

O'Grady linked up far better with the wide players than Miller did. 

He put himself about a bit more too. Towards the end of the game he was being triple marked at times. MK defended well tbf to them, we didn't really muster any clear cut chances. 

There's a lot of positives to take from that last hour. Overall I'm happy with the performance, we need to improve at the back and we can't afford to give up as much space as we did in midfield. But we grafted hard in the second half and were pushing for an equaliser. Against a lesser defence, we'd have got it.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

miller was poor slow cumbersome and beaten in the air on several occasions by a 5"10 defender offered nothingd.

If not O'grady then give either Byrne or baxter ago as a number 10 behind surridge. Now that could work

Had Miller some history with the ref or fucked his Mrs because he seemed to have it in for him from the off, Surridge looks a player though and he and Miller will have some fruitful afternoons in this division they just need a game or two together. You have to feel the difference was Agard though who looked like the only bit of quality they had.

In an ideal world a fit Baxter would fit that number 10 spot and the young Surridge would hopefully thrive off him.

Byrne should be playing but there are reasons why he isn't, hopefully that can be resolved because there is a great little play maker wasting away his career for various reasons only himself and the management know why and we are really losing out.

Such a shame because Baxter and Byrne should have too much class for most of league 2.

That was in all but name a Division One game, a few teams took a battering in this league today so with a couple of new additions we should do ok.

The sooner Baxter is back the better and hopefully the differences with Byrne can be settled quickly

Thought Branger and Gardner were the stand outs, but Coke  looked way off the pace.

Shame Clarke and Taylor couldn't play, their experience was badly missed.

A goal poacher and another experiened centre back needed IMO.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Jeez, just looked at the line-up, that is a truly poor looking team and would be solid relegation candidates.

how on earth do we manage to feck th8ngs up so much, Baxter and Byrne in the squad I was quite optimistic but we just seem toxic

You’re toxic. 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

miller was poor slow cumbersome and beaten in the air on several occasions by a 5"10 defender offered nothing.If not ogrady then give either Byrne or baxter ago as a number 10 behind surridge. Now that could work

That is exactly what we should be doing, the big dummy approach should be a last resort !

16 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

O'Grady linked up far better with the wide players that Miller did. 

He put himself about a bit more too. Towards the end of the game he was being triple marked at times. MK defended well tbf to them, we didn't really muster any clear cut chances. 

There's a lot of positives to take from that last hour. Overall I'm happy with the performance, we need to improve at the back and we can't afford to give up as much space as we did in midfield. But we grafted hard in the second half and we're pushing for an equaliser. Against a lesser defence, we'd have got it.

Shows that football is all about opinions, I thought O’grady was abysmal when he came on, as did others around me. Miller wasn’t good either but of the 2 Miller caused more problems in my opinion. That’s the single biggest worry for me, we don’t appear to have a lot of goals in the squad. Surridge looks a player so hopefully he’ll be the 1 to put them away.

19 minutes ago, BenRad said:

Thought Missolou was poor myself, struggled to get near close enough to them, just kept grabbing shirts. 

Sorry I can't agree with that, definate upgrade on Fane, looked comfortable at times playing the ball out and put his foot in well.

5 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Williams spoke to ref before he got pen to say watch I will get my shirt pulled and ref watched him above all and got the pen...He was a prick in second half ...

It was a penalty though wasn’t it? Certainly looked clumsy from the main stand.

Archived