MK Dons - Starting X1

Jesus. You’d think we won the game with the replies on here.

We were alright in possession but it wasn’t that great lads we’ve just lost the game!

Didnt test the keeper enough and the attack broke down far too often.

Should have had a point because they were wank. Next handful of games will tell us if we’re going to do anything this year 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We were alright in possession but it wasn’t that great lads we’ve just lost the game!

Should have had a point because they were wank. Next handful of games will tell us if we’re going to do anything this year 

So because a few of us like what we saw we are not allowed to say that? Your getting weirder by the day with your apparent hatred for the club, you can't slag them of for the performance so your looking for another way to get a dig in. Strange.

Well the blue goggles have been put away for another 10 days, now I've had time to consider the game here are my thoughts.

First 20 minutes defence lacked any leadership or decision making and we conceded two very soft goals.

The penalty was a foul but soft, biggest issue I have is that the referee gives that but doesn't give at least 3 soft ones in our favour, but we all know the standard of refereeing is awful.

We didn't create enough and they have created chances with iversen saving two with his feet.

Thought Branger looked dangerous but can't fathom why he was switched to right wing as Nepo not as good or as effective.

Overall we do have the physicality to be competitive but lack quality, crying out for a right midfielder hopefully Cotterill comes in.

One game doesn't define a season and hopefully we get some quality in the pitch and move forwards.

21 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Williams spoke to ref before he got pen to say watch I will get my shirt pulled and ref watched him above all and got the pen...He was a prick in second half ...

He did. We all saw that. His winding up of the fans was a bit silly. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

So because a few of us like what we saw we are not allowed to say that? Your getting weirder by the day with your apparent hatred for the club, you can't slag them of for the performance so your looking for another way to get a dig in. Strange.

? We’ve lost 2-1 i’ve said we haven’t tested the keeper enough. Get the rose tinted specs off lad.

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I didn't go but have kept up to date on here. I can honestly say I've not seen anyone say we were great.

My take is that most people have seen a young depleted team make a bad start and make some silly errors to which they will / must learn from.

Then I've read that we made a fist of it against one of the better sides and showed some passion but just didn't have that killer instinct and a draw would have been the least we deserved,

You my friend obviously have to put that another way, which is really tedious to say the least. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We dominated the 2nd half. The first 20 minutes cost us we started too slow.

Dominated posession yes.... We're too slow in the build up, we're toothless. Their keeper didn't have a save to make and ours made a couple of good ones.  We did ok but we definately didn't dominate. 

All very deja vu for me after last season... Same midfield issues, same lack of quality and no service for strikers. 

Reserving judgement until we're closer to full strength but we definately wont be relegation battlers. 

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I didn't go but have kept up to date on here. I can honestly say I've not seen anyone say we were great.

My take is that most people have seen a young depleted team make a bad start and make some silly errors to which they will / must learn from.

Then I've read that we made a fist of it against one of the better sides and showed some passion but just didn't have that killer instinct and a draw would have been the least we deserved,

You my friend obviously have to put that another way, which is really tedious to say the least. 

How? They didn’t test the keeper enough and we never really looked like scoring? How is that overreacting and twisting it? Just because i’m not lauding the performance in 2-1 LOSS...

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

? We’ve lost 2-1 i’ve said we haven’t tested the keeper enough. Get the rose tinted specs off lad.

Don't have too, I'm realistic and whoever wins the league will lose their fair share, we were unlucky today, started slowly but grew into the game, we had MK on the ropes the majority of the second half but they held out gallantly, it was a fair performance against many people's promotion favourites so to say we were two or three players short and still don't look the finished article I am quite pleased with today.

Can't read too much into the first game .Players will need time to gel.Glad Gardner tried one from the edge of the box and scored.At times too many were passing to each other with no end shot.It will take time to get used to all these new players faces and names.Lots of players to choose from and one or two showed promise today.Apart from the poor first half an hour we kept going at them and thought we would get an equaliser as the game went on.

I left feeling not too disappointed and can see a decent team forming in the next few games.

Thought we played alright, but same old story - we can never just nick a result.  A draw would have been well deserved after the start.

The ref was appalling (only 4 minutes at the end??), as was MK players going down and staying down every time a Latics player was near them.  Counted three occasions when we should have had a penalty in the second-half for shirt pulling.

Coke needs to be better (Nepo in for him at Forest Green).  With the exception of Coke and Millar/O'Grady who didn't offer much, it's hard to find fault with the team, particularly in the second half.  Love players like Granger - old fashion wingers who attack their full-back.  Him on one wing and Cotterill on the other would be great.  Granger also linked up well with Hunt.  Surridge looks like a handful too - a decent partner for him would bring a lot of goals.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How? They didn’t test the keeper enough and we never really looked like scoring? How is that overreacting and twisting it? Just because i’m not lauding the performance in 2-1 LOSS...

Read my post back, I have not said you are overreacting.

Somebody posts something that could be deemed at all positive and your all over them like a bad rash.

You're entitled to post whatever you want pal, but take it from me it takes a much bigger man to give credit and praise than one who constantly belittles and demoralises.

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Read my post back, I have not said you are overreacting.

Somebody posts something that could be deemed at all positive and your all over them like a bad rash.

You're entitled to post whatever you want pal, but take it from me it takes a much bigger man to give credit and praise than one who constantly belittles and demoralises.

Standard 2-part logic going on by some. 

1. There are no positives in a defeat

2. Anyone suggesting a positive must be portrayed as though they are saying that they loved the game and the performance was perfect. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Standard 2-part logic going on by some. 

1. There are no positives in a defeat

2. Anyone suggesting a positive must be portrayed as though they are saying that they loved the game and the performance was perfect. 

3. Making judgement on the strength of the league based on one match.

41 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Genuinely think Jack Byrne will be the difference between top 7 and bottom-half.

We won’t go down.

Go down in this league and you really do have problems, 4 promotion spots if you include the play-offs and we should be in or around them

20 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t get the mindset behind this. Imagine if we had won today...

You don’t get the mindset behind new players needing time to gel?

It’s not a difficult concept to grasp.  

Have a day off. 

Thought we looked much fitter as a team than MK Dons - hence why MK Dons were hanging on in last 20 minutes.  In previous seasons we would have been flagging in last 20 minutes - so all credit to the management for this.  At least 4 MK players were on the verge of collapse in the last 5 minutes before injury time.  I personally thought Miller was one of our better players and Coke was pretty non descript.  O’Grady Is a poor man’s Miller although it would be unfair to pass  too much judgement on his limited time on the pitch.

1 minute ago, laticio said:

Thought we looked much fitter as a team than MK Dons - hence why MK Dons were hanging on in last 20 minutes.  In previous seasons we would have been flagging in last 20 minutes - so all credit to the management for this.  At least 4 MK players were on the verge of collapse in the last 5 minutes before injury time.  I personally thought Miller was one of our better players and Coke was pretty non descript.  O’Grady Is a poor man’s Miller although it would be unfair to pass  too much judgement on his limited time on the pitch.

Agree with this, one conundrum that gets me though is Gardner, 1st halves he plays well but doesn't match performance levels in 2nd half??

32 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Dominated posession yes.... We're too slow in the build up, we're toothless. Their keeper didn't have a save to make and ours made a couple of good ones.  We did ok but we definately didn't dominate. 

All very deja vu for me after last season... Same midfield issues, same lack of quality and no service for strikers. 

Reserving judgement until we're closer to full strength but we definately wont be relegation battlers. 

So what you are saying is that we were not at full strength and we dominated possesion against one of the divisions main title contenders thats enough reasons to be optimistic is it not?

I saw enough today to give me hope for this season I also expect us to make nore signings before the end of the month.

They will be up there no question, I didn't think we dominated possession and they moved ball more effectively and created chances.

Early days though but signs of good fitness levels and a few players missing that would have probably started which gives me hope for winning more games than we lose 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I hope our fans will give this young team particularly the back five a chance, really unlucky today, two sloppy bits of play punished.

Much better team for the last hour, everyone played their part and it was an encouraging start with decent backing from the stands.

Only real gripe I have is the lack of leaders on the pitch they were like strangers at times and need to help each other out, other than that we will be just fine.

Yes

From main stand you clearly heard their back four barking out instructions and encouragement.didnt hear anything from our team.need a leader like Clarke on the field.but given relative newness of the team and coaching style of the Management team actually thought all was as to be expected and their was enough encouragement against one of supposed better teams

Surridge looks confident and Graham a tower of strength.

Just need 2 wingers who can get to the  line and pull ball back to oncoming forwards.

Favourite moment today was Andy Rhodes doing his nut in with  4th official when 4 minutes injury additional time was put up while a player was prone on the ground. 

Overall, for my first season for 20 years as a season ticket holder I enjoyed today and look forward to the season.

Archived