MK Dons - Starting X1

We are short of an Agard, Akinde or a Doyle even a Billy Kee type whose been there and done it will get us the goals to make us real contenders, surely there is a player out there for us, I like Surridge and he will chip in with a few for sure but you'd of thought a priority to fire us out of this division would of been one real good striker.

We can pick the bones and argue over O Grady, Miller and Benteke but let's face it they all have their problems and will struggle over a season, you also can't help but think that Byrne would of made a huge difference against tired legs today, instead we introduced Maouche who looks so far off the game and totally unsuited by the nature of League 2 football, AL really is cutting his nose off to spite his face with regards to Byrne, I mean how long is this forced absence going to last? 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We are short of an Agard, Akinde or a Doyle even a Billy Kee type whose been there and done it will get us the goals to make us real contenders, surely there is a player out there for us, I like Surridge and he will chip in with a few for sure but you'd of thought a priority to fire us out of this division would of been one real good striker.

We can pick the bones and argue over O Grady, Miller and Benteke but let's face it they all have their problems and will struggle over a season, you also can't help but think that Byrne would of made a huge difference against tired legs today, instead we introduced Maouche who looks so far off the game and totally unsuited by the nature of League 2 football, AL really is cutting his nose off to spite his face with regards to Byrne, I mean how long is this forced absence going to last? 

1 game

transfer window still open

FB's first game in charge. 

Lets just all calm down and keep a level head.

few more on the gate is a real positive. The club has been ripped to pieces over the last 7 years. It needs our support.

try and stay positive. New owner trying to build from nothing. 

Top 10, seeing more wins than loses and in touch in early March and I will be over the moon. I think the vast majority of others will be also, even if that don't admit it to themselves 

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

1 game

transfer window still open

FB's first game in charge. 

Lets just all calm down and keep a level head.

few more on the gate is a real positive. The club has been ripped to pieces over the last 7 years. It needs our support.

try and stay positive. New owner trying to build from nothing. 

Top 10, seeing more wins than loses and in touch in early March and I will be over the moon. I think the vast majority of others will be also, even if that don't admit it to themselves 

I agree but we are agonisingly close to having a real go and the Byrne situation will just escalate if it's not dealt with particularly if we can't get a couple of wins on the board soon. It needs addressing and sharpish.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

O'Grady put one cross in and headed a few balls opposite way to where our other striker was. I'm sure you purposely post stuff to go against the majority view for some kind of enjoyment. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I saw similar from O'Grady as you, held up a couple of balls and brought others into play now and then but generally spent half his time on his arse and flicking on misdirected headers.

I reckon he didn't lose a single header but didn't direct a single one of them anywhere remotely useful.... 

48 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Carl did indeed seem a prick but what does the rest of your post even mean?

Anyone who didn't go to the game would get the impression it was a cesspit of gloom and hate today, but there was actually a positive atmosphere for a defeat.

That Milton Keynes following was the fourth largest in the division today. Hmmm.

I’m drunk read through bits, but here is the frank analysis. Keeper looked ok? Good feet saves second half schlemiel esc, thought he was out of position for second goal (could be wrong), defence looked shakey, big to be fair very young and not planned team,  mid looked ok, didn’t see much of Coke or missle! Thought Gardner and eknow, ( drunk spelt very wrong ) was class in fact he was mint, front two paring with Surridge average at best, thought Surridge was class and his header that was saved by a  potential hand ball was defo in. Drunk but honest opinion 

A typical first game of the season.  No real cohesion and looked like 11 strangers needing more game time together.

More questions than answers on that showing especially Miller or O’Grady alongside Surridge.  I liked then look of Surridge but he tried to do too much perhaps because of the unfamiliarity with his team mates at the stage of the season.

We’re obviously missing Baxter, Fane, Taylor and Clarke.  

Above all though... Mr Lemsagam, sort your differences with Byrne.  Today was crying out for that creative spark in the middle. Gardner can’t do it all on his own.  We need him playing next game.

If MK Dons are one of the favourites then we have nothing to fear.  With a depleted team plus a striker who’s only been with us days, we stood toe to toe.  Had the ref awarded us the full 10+ minutes injury time deserved I think we would have scrambled a draw.

6 hours ago, hollinwood_pass said:

Blimey one game into our first season in the fourth division in over 45 years and we are already reduced to taking solice from the crowd size.  

Maybe so. Then again, you could bemoan the fact that we're not getting 10,000+ and join the gloom and doom brigade. I know which I'd rather take solace from.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Above all though... Mr Lemsagam, sort your differences with Byrne.  Today was crying out for that creative spark in the middle. Gardner can’t do it all on his own.  We need him playing next game.

What is it with footballers?? You’re blaming the owner for Byrne being a twat like he has been at every club he’s been at?? If me or you acted like he has we’d have our P45’s but because he can occasionally play well (pre December) he gets a free pass to be a bell end and stay in a job 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree but we are agonisingly close to having a real go and the Byrne situation will just escalate if it's not dealt with particularly if we can't get a couple of wins on the board soon. It needs addressing and sharpish.

It’s two fold with Byrne.

1. He’s a big miss, but his attitude stinks. 

2. He takes a massive lump out of our budget. He’s the reason we can’t afford a proven striker. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s two fold with Byrne.

1. He’s a big miss, but his attitude stinks. 

2. He takes a massive lump out of our budget. He’s the reason we can’t afford a proven striker. 

Surely you don’t really believe that? Look at the list of outgoings from last season, I’ve tried to roughly estimate what I think is a realistic weekly wage/loan fee. The money saved since the end of last season is enormous. 

Doyle and Bryan £11,000 (Keegan’s article said that Doyle, Bryan and Byrne were costing us £16,000 p/w)

Gerrard £1,500-£2,500

Moimbe £2,000-£3,000

Mantack £300-£500

Fawns £300-£500

Banks £1,500-£2,000

Green £1,500-£2,000

Omrani £1,000-£1,500

Brian Wilson £1,000-£2,000

Nazon £0-£1,000

Holloway £1,500-£2,000

Davies £2,000-£2,500

Pringle £3,000-£4,000

Obadeyi £1,000-£1,500

Paddy Mac £1,500-£2,000

McLaughlin £1,500-£2,500

Benyu £0-£500

Gymafi £500-£1,000

Placide £4,000 

Total saved £35,100-£44,000 a week (hope my quick tally up is right :lol:). Even taking the lower figure, which I think is quite a conservative estimate, the total saved a year is £1,825,200. With the fees received for McLaughlin, Davies and Holloway added on then Abdallah has knocked over £2 million off the annual wage bill. Do you honestly believe that it is Jack Byrne stopping us from being in the market for a quality striker? Really? If JB goes then that wage, like nearly all of the others above, will not be spent on incomings.

4 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

What is it with footballers?? You’re blaming the owner for Byrne being a twat like he has been at every club he’s been at?? If me or you acted like he has we’d have our P45’s but because he can occasionally play well (pre December) he gets a free pass to be a bell end and stay in a job 

If or when he does return let’s see how he does.

we know there’s a good footballer in there capable of winning and changing a game

let’s Hope it’s that player that comes back, and not the sulky insolent one

he’ll probably be on a final warning and feel that he has something to prove

i’m Hoping he’s. Sack soon and plays a blinder in his comeback game , scoring and creating goals

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Surely you don’t really believe that? Look at the list of outgoings from last season, I’ve tried to roughly estimate what I think is a realistic weekly wage/loan fee. The money saved since the end of last season is enormous. 

Doyle and Bryan £11,000 (Keegan’s article said that Doyle, Bryan and Byrne were costing us £16,000 p/w)

Gerrard £1,500-£2,500

Moimbe £2,000-£3,000

Mantack £300-£500

Fawns £300-£500

Banks £1,500-£2,000

Green £1,500-£2,000

Omrani £1,000-£1,500

Brian Wilson £1,000-£2,000

Nazon £0-£1,000

Holloway £1,500-£2,000

Davies £2,000-£2,500

Pringle £3,000-£4,000

Obadeyi £1,000-£1,500

Paddy Mac £1,500-£2,000

McLaughlin £1,500-£2,500

Benyu £0-£500

Gymafi £500-£1,000

Placide £4,000 

Total saved £35,100-£44,000 a week (hope my quick tally up is right :lol:). Even taking the lower figure, which I think is quite a conservative estimate, the total saved a year is £1,825,200. With the fees received for McLaughlin, Davies and Holloway added on then Abdallah has knocked over £2 million off the annual wage bill. Do you honestly believe that it is Jack Byrne stopping us from being in the market for a quality striker? Really? If JB goes then that wage, like nearly all of the others above, will not be spent on incomings.

Love how your post takes into account wages we've added, money lost from dropping down a league due to lower payments from the football league and lower away attendances etc. 

Oh wait, it doesn't.

You've no idea if we're saving an enormous amount of money on last year

You've no idea what the money saved from Byrne would go on. You just default to the worst case scenario of it not going back into the playing squad.

How depressed does general life make you? Judging by the majority of your posts you might need the number for Samaritans.

Get a grip 

26 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Love how your post takes into account wages we've added, money lost from dropping down a league due to lower payments from the football league and lower away attendances etc. 

Oh wait, it doesn't.

You've no idea if we're saving an enormous amount of money on last year

You've no idea what the money saved from Byrne would go on. You just default to the worst case scenario of it not going back into the playing squad.

How depressed does general life make you? Judging by the majority of your posts you might need the number for Samaritans.

Get a grip 

Yesterday's attendance figures particularly home fans was well up on the season opener for last season which is in line with us selling more season tickets, seemed a decent buzz around the place to me and I'm hopeful attendances will go up this season, no doubt about it that FB has brought a real feel good factor back to the place.

You can't argue that the wage bill has been slashed compared to last season and probably rightly so, that's probably AL learning a very harsh lesson that chucking money at the team won't necessarily yield decent results.

I'm hopeful that there's money for a decent striker to partner Surridge and Cotterill is signed, I also think we will struggle if we lose Gardner who still has a niggle in that ankle for me as Maouche just doesn't seem up to it. I know you have to be realistic but most fans may have hoped AL was prepared to speculate this season and have a real go at getting back up the divisions where we belong.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yesterday's attendance figures particularly home fans was well up on the season opener for last season which is in line with us selling more season tickets, seemed a decent buzz around the place to me and I'm hopeful attendances will go up this season, no doubt about it that FB has brought a real feel good factor back to the place.

You can't argue that the wage bill has been slashed compared to last season and probably rightly so, that's probably AL learning a very harsh lesson that chucking money at the team won't necessarily yield decent results.

I'm hopeful that there's money for a decent striker to partner Surridge and Cotterill is signed, I also think we will struggle if we lose Gardner who still has a niggle in that ankle for me as Maouche just doesn't seem up to it. I know you have to be realistic but most fans may have hoped AL was prepared to speculate this season and have a real go at getting back up the divisions where we belong.

There was a good atmosphere yesterday especially second half. Hopefully it continues.

Yes the wage bill has been slashed but you have to compare that with incomings. No big away followings this year.

Hopefully with a few of our missing players yesterday back in we will do well and the fans might come back.

Some will moan regardless. 

Archived