Checkatrade .... boycott or not?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

No one denies that we need to add players in January but I still think you are overreacting. 

And as for the tone and content of your post, wow 😮....

I bet AL is seething at that showing, and he's in charge.

55 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Definitely dropped a bollock including Miller, wonder who got the message out not to bring him on...

Nah, they changed the rule after the group stage. Did it on the quiet though, no announcement, just sent the word out to the clubs...

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wow just wow, on the back of the cheat we had at Hampton who was seeing things that just didn't happen this lad has managed to gazump that performance by some way, refs have to be made accountable for making basic fundamental errors, he couldn't wait to send our lad off or give the penalty for that matter yet misses an assault and a certain second yellow card right under his nose, doesn't matter if that's at Spotland tonight or on the park on Sunday referees turning up with their own agenda is fucking shocking and needs stamping out, a neutral watching that would be accusing that ref of having a vested interest in a Rochdale win and it's just not fair, sorry but he's a cheating bastard. 

He was a disgrace from start to finish.Refused to give us anything.Their defenders were fouling Surridge and O'grady constantly and the ref gave nothing.Rochdale should have had two players sent off.

I thought we did OK first half,Rochdale did a lot of sideways and backwards passing,it wasn't until we were down to 10 men that they got on top,but we defended well and then came the inevitable penalty

from that scumbag referee.

I’m a bit surprised at the meltdown on here tonight. Didn’t see the game but sounds like an off night and the sending off ultimately made the difference

The red card sounded harsh but these days the game is soft so not unusual. As for the slap on Clarke. The Ref presumably didn’t see it but that could serve justice better because now they can give a retrospective ban, whereas he might have got a yellow only depending on the Refs view of it. Personally i’m sick of players making a meal of things and if Clarkey fell over then he should be a little embarrassed tbh....I prefer the Gregan response at Wycombe when he just smiled at the bloke who had just given him a left hook and waited for the Ref to trot over with his red card 😁

If we’d won we’d be playing Man City U21’s ......that to me is reason for meltdown as those over paid twats shouldn’t be in this or any senior competition

Good riddance Checkertrade

It's the vitriol that bothers me.  It's a competition that hardly anyone, allegedly, cares about but we still get "cheat", "scumbag, "disgrace", "fucking shocking", "cheating bastard" and the rest.  It's the same bonkers sense of importance that led to the Chelsea incident at the weekend.

Get a grip.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the vitriol that bothers me.  It's a competition that hardly anyone, allegedly, cares about but we still get "cheat", "scumbag, "disgrace", "fucking shocking", "cheating bastard" and the rest.  It's the same bonkers sense of importance that led to the Chelsea incident at the weekend.

Get a grip.

Exactly. Let’s hope nobody called anybody a Manc something 😊

4 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Amazed anybody gives a shit about the game. Embarrassed that over 900 of our fans supported this aberration by turning up. 

I think it just indicates people were starting to enjoy things again so wanted to go to a game

Not such a bad thing really 

Stats after 80 minutes were 25 shots to 1. 14 corners to 1. 

How that lad wasn't sent off for the punch at Clarke though, the second yellow when there lad brought Lang down, that free kick for nothing that they took on the edge of the area and the penalty that was given against are all ludicrous decisions. Disgusting. 

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Get a grip.

Is it the same sense of importance that makes someone feel like they have to police a football forum, give it a rest for fuck sake, it must be difficult for you being on another level to all us plebs but try to be a little considerate when branding us racist thugs. How you manage to stand on the terraces without getting all precious is beyond me.

:bobby: :redcard:

11 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Amazed anybody gives a shit about the game. Embarrassed that over 900 of our fans supported this aberration by turning up. 

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe those 900 are embarrassed you'd judge them for wanting to go support their team?

Agree with McFluff - The fans who went were there to support their team. Nothing embarrassing about that surely?

There were too many on the pitch who didn’t turn up. Surridge, Lang ( apart from a couple of runs), O’Grady and Maouche were poor last night. That left the defensive five/six with too much to do. Missilou and Nepomuceno worked hard to gain control of the midfield but were badly let down by a number of their teammates.

Extremely poor team performance not helped by the abysmal refereeing. 

We move on. Bury at home in four days. You never know, they might even bring a few this time. 👀

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Is it the same sense of importance that makes someone feel like they have to police a football forum, give it a rest for fuck sake, it must be difficult for you being on another level to all us plebs but try to be a little considerate when branding us racist thugs. How you manage to stand on the terraces without getting all precious is beyond me.

:bobby: :redcard:

Ridiculous. I'm not policing anything or anyone, just having a view. If you want to boil over that's your business. I dread to think how you react to things that really matter but, again, that's your business. And I haven’t branded anyone a 'racist thug'; that's just another ludicrous overreaction which I guess is to be expected. 

Archived