31 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Hampton & Richmond defender Tyrell Miller-Rodney has been given a retrospective two-game ban for 'successful deception of a match official' in winning a penalty against Us in the FA cup

Where did you find this, FB? I can't see anything on BBC or Sky.

Harsh that. It was very soft but there was a hand on his back and you can't blame him for taking a tumble (easy to say that after eventually winning the game).  

Also, strange that there's only a ban for 'successful deception'. Get away with it if you're not very good... Baxter got lucky with his booking. 

http://www.hamptonfc.net/news/tyrell-miller-rodney-hit-with-retrospective-ban-af-2370396.html

They are in total denial :)

Mind you, it raises a couple of questions....does Jose get the same treatment? 

and what if Hampton had won, especially 1-0? 

Good to see this kind of action being taken, cheating is totally unacceptable and one of the main reasons I have mostly stopped watching the Premier League and Champions League as it's endemic

Just now, longtimeblue said:

Harsh that. It was very soft but there was a hand on his back and you can't blame him for taking a tumble (easy to say that after eventually winning the game).  

Also, strange that there's only a ban for 'successful deception'. Get away with it if you're not very good... Baxter got lucky with his booking. 

Nooooooo! cheating is cheating,  you don't fall down unless you can't stop yourself, too many players and managers/coaches are pathetic cheats

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

http://www.hamptonfc.net/news/tyrell-miller-rodney-hit-with-retrospective-ban-af-2370396.html

They are in total denial :)

Mind you, it raises a couple of questions....does Jose get the same treatment? 

and what if Hampton had won, especially 1-0? 

Good to see this kind of action being taken, cheating is totally unacceptable and one of the main reasons I have mostly stopped watching the Premier League and Champions League as it's endemic

“Successful deception”.  Jose was booked at the time. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

true but I think all these incidents should be reviewed afterwards (if not by VAR in big games) as the officials are "in the moment" and ultimately they should both have got the same....yellow card + 2 match ban

At the time I thought obvious penalty and red card to their goalie; then dive and rightly booked; now I'm not so sure. Think Baxter's left foot may have been caught by the goalie's right foot. In any case it beggars belief that the ref could have made that an obvious dive and booking and not spot their pathetic attempt at one. 

7 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Baxter got lucky with his booking. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Call me biased, but I've looked at both incidents a number of times.

For their penalty, the light touch from Rob Hunt wouldn't have knocked a five year old over so, if Miller-Rodney fell that dramatically, he was conning the ref. Can't deny the touch, though, but not enough for a penalty.

The Baxter incident, I'm still not sure about. I can understand why the ref thought it was a dive, but I think that there is a possibility Baxter saw the keeper coming feet first and tried to hurdle the keeper's legs. That probably threw him off balance, but there may have been a slight touch as well. I'm not convinced it was a deliberate dive but, as I said, I can understand the booking.

Apart from all that, the ref was an absolute 🎈 anyway.

10 minutes ago, latics59 said:

Was it only reviewed coz it was on tv?

Well they would need footage that clearly showed the lack of contact. So whilst it would have been possible for the decision to have been made without it being on TV, it would be a lot less likely. 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Old age or not, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have let the Hampton player get round the back of you so easily :)

I was a goalkeeper. I'd have raced out and taken the ball, him, the corner flag and probably the linesman as well. Sort that one out, ref. :pow::redcard::grin:

• Like 1