January Window Gossip/Rumours

On 1/2/2019 at 7:32 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Assuming we do sign this lad..... in the same way that Citeh sang the Kolo and Yaya song....

Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Ma-ouche,

Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Sy-lla.

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Most of the time he's been at Championship level. His two seasons, with a pre-season, at League one he scored 10 in 28 and 8 in 26. The 8 in 26 season was the year he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch at BP, but was subbed early. 

He would be a good signing at this level on the pitch. 

I'm very wary of him being signed when we don't have a manager as his off-the-pitch antics mean he should be signed with the full consent of the manager. 

Due to his reputation he is going to be very cheap for the potential production on the pitch. 

He made 15 starts in 4 years for clubs in the championship. That doesn't make him a chsmpionship striker that makes him a reserve.

The game against us 2 years ago he played well in 1st half and scored a well taken goal in what was an incredibly poor game of football. He did so well at Southend that they released him last summer and he has been on the scrap heap for 6 months.

Like Scott Vernon the only reason that anyone is suggesting he is signed is because they have heard of his name. I reckon their at least 10 strikers who are sat in Premmiership /championship /league 1 reserves right now who would realistically come to us this month who would be better signings. Who 99% of us won't of heard of.

Edited by GlossopLatic

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like Scott Vernon the only reason that anyone is suggesting he is signed is because they have heard of his name. I reckon their at least 10 strikers who are sat in Premmiership /championship /league 1 reserves right now who would realistically come to us this month who would be better signings. Who 99% of us won't of heard of.

Just like Nazon! People have seen him play so some are delighted he's coming back despite him being very greedy and little bit shit.

Al this Ranger nonsense is from a dodgy tweet from someone who makes up rumours. Has anybody actually seen him at the club?

23 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Just like Nazon! People have seen him play so some are delighted he's coming back despite him being very greedy and little bit shit.

Al this Ranger nonsense is from a dodgy tweet from someone who makes up rumours. Has anybody actually seen him at the club?

Only club your likely to see him at is Liquid knocking the shit out of someone, like you've said the usual suspects throwing it out there, although I have been told Patrick Berger was interviewed for the managers job yesterday :scarf001:

Edited by yarddog73

42 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

The Ranger link is made up but if you listen to his interview on the try Geordie podcast you might consider giving him a chance

Im all for chances.  In this case though I think the guy needs to be very humble, show some real willingness to make it easier for people to help him, perhaps by starting in non league playing for a pittance or nothing. 

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Assuming we do sign this lad..... in the same way that Citeh sang the Kolo and Yaya song....

Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Ma-ouche,

Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Mo-M-Mo-Mo, Sy-lla.

If that's to No Limits IT'S A CELTIC SONG SO IF YOU SING IT YOU ATE BABIES IN THE IRA WITH DARREN KELLY AND MARTIN MCGUINNESS 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Im all for chances.  In this case though I think the guy needs to be very humble, show some real willingness to make it easier for people to help him, perhaps by starting in non league playing for a pittance or nothing. 

If you watch the podcast with True Geordie that has been quoted on here already, he openly says

A) Some league clubs have offered him the opportunity to train/trial- he has refused as he doesn't feel he has anything to prove that way

B) Any offer he has had has only been 'for pistachios' which I presume he means for peanuts and doesn't meet his financial expectations

Either way, if he has been humbled by his story, he is somebody that has continually proved he cannot change his ways for a susained period of time. Any offer other than a rolling contract would be madness from anyone.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He made 15 starts in 4 years for clubs in the championship. That doesn't make him a chsmpionship striker that makes him a reserve.

The game against us 2 years ago he played well in 1st half and scored a well taken goal in what was an incredibly poor game of football. He did so well at Southend that they released him last summer and he has been on the scrap heap for 6 months.

I didn’t say he was a Championship striker (or a reserve), I said your stats of 27 league goals in 10 seasons were mostly spent at Championship level. His stats in League one are much more promising.

Fairly certain Southend got rid of him for his off the pitch antics. Everyone knows about those. I’m sure there are loads of better signings, anyone who plays Championship/Football manager knows some names, what I was saying is I wouldn’t be adverse to him signing for us, but that’s a decision that needs a manager/ coach. As he is without a contract I don’t think the transfer window applies.

Even if Lang and Surridge remain until the end of the season, I think we need another forward. If he behaves off the pitch, then Nile Ranger may well be the best value (given you can only play so many loanees). If he doesn’t and upsets the team ethos then even if he is free he wouldn’t be worth it.

33 minutes ago, Goal89 said:

If you watch the podcast with True Geordie that has been quoted on here already, he openly says

A) Some league clubs have offered him the opportunity to train/trial- he has refused as he doesn't feel he has anything to prove that way

B) Any offer he has had has only been 'for pistachios' which I presume he means for peanuts and doesn't meet his financial expectations

Either way, if he has been humbled by his story, he is somebody that has continually proved he cannot change his ways for a susained period of time. Any offer other than a rolling contract would be madness from anyone.

There we have it. He’s learned nothing.  Arrogant and entitled.  Far from what he believes, he has a LOT to prove.