January Window Gossip/Rumours

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

He has. I actually live in the same apartment block as Misslou and Bragner-Engone, they live together. Misslou has his family over here also and seems very happy.

Speak to them both when I see them and they are always talking about Oldham and want to get up the table. 

Wonder if AL places them all in these apartments? 

That in Manc? 

Edit. Sorry, missed previous answer. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Whoa there....

Missile is beginning to look good after an average start.............looking very average after an average start.

Ditto Nepo, there were times last season when he looked lost and couldn’t catch the team......... Future golden boot winner this lad,totally awesome.  

Branger. Nah, don’t rate him at all........ Agreed

Maouche. Looked good recently, after 18 months of adding nothing but translation skills for £4K a week......no wonder there are rumours aplenty of AL being potless.

Placide. Great start. Awful in the end........ People rather belatedly saw through the novelty value.

Omrani. Joke......... Yep

Moimbe. Liability...... wasn't that good and a hothead to boot.

The Duck. Splits opinion. I quite liked him, but I think he was a distraction from the Davies/Doyle combo that was working..... i quite liked him,team ethic zilch.

Benteke? Is he one of AL’s lads? I know he was at Palace, but he still could be. Poor....... not good enough to be anything but a substitute.

Zeus. Who knows?........ Another bench warmer.

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

For those non-Francophones who can't get a translated article to appear it says:

Midfielder Entente has signed a first year and a half professional contract with English club Oldham in the English fourth division.
It is a departure to which Entente Sannois-Saint-Gratien had prepared. Despite the difficulty of the team to exist in National (15th and first relegation), Mohamad Sylla has often pulled out of the game since the beginning of the season. To the point of arousing the interest of Ligue 2 and foreign clubs.

Already spotted in the previous exercise at the third French level he discovered, the midfielder 25 years chose to cross the Channel. A native of Ivry (Val-de-Marne), he signed a first professional contract a year and a half in Oldham, 10 th of League Two (fourth division English). “A dream comes true, loose the interested, already on the spot. Yesterday (Tuesday), I went to see a game at home, it’s crazy the number of spectators and the craze that exists here.

After playing in late December in Pau his last match with the Entente, where he played since 2013, Mohamad Sylla could make his debut Sunday in the FA Cup at ... Fulham (Premier League).
"For two years, he had more or less concrete contacts but he did not leave, comments the Val-d'Osois coach Vincent Bordot. It was impossible to hold him back. Mohamad was under amateur status, he signs pro, and will win far more than at home ... His departure is understandable. Recruit to replace it? We can not see our budget (570 000 €, the smallest of the National). And then, a player of his level is much more expensive than what he was offered! "

By the sound of it he's grabbed games by the scruff of the neck to get a result for his relatively poor side. 

Might be interesting to see how he does in England. 

On the plus side if this lads any good the list of songs we can sing will be pretty comprehensive just replace the words Mo Salah with Mo Sylla - job done :OASISscarf:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Best midfielder in League 2 according to Shez but you say he is rubbish :D

Ha ha haaa. Course he is.  Was Shez pissed again when he said that? 

Hes not rubbish, he’s bang average.  Not very creative and careless with the ball. Bang average for league 2. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ha ha haaa. Course he is.  Was Shez pissed again when he said that? 

Hes not rubbish, he’s bang average.  Not very creative and careless with the ball. Bang average for league 2. 

Do you mean Shez, who has not only played at the VERY highest level and then forged a successful managerial career that includes both promotion and cup success isn't as knowledgeable as you? 

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Was one of em this Mo Sylla?

@League one forever, how many constitutes a flood?

The ten or so we signed last season. 

Not the one we have signed so far this year. With maybe one or two more in Jan. 

Last year was stupid. 

This year, it’s not.