18 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Im heading in that direction.... 

Nepo is a solid winger at league two level yet is stuck in an un-natural position. He's working had and actually improving as a full back but is he better than hunt / dummigan...not at thr moment. 

Branger shows flashes but needs to release the ball. His end product is average at best... 

Vera looks like he's way short of fitness and in ability although ive not seen enough to really judge. 

We're ridiculously light and not maximisng the few players we have at our disposal and this time next werk, a couple of defeats could all but see the season over. We needed an extra push in the last couple of weeks to continue the feeling after the Fulham game yet we've completely turned that good feeling around. 

Team for midweek

Iverson

Dummigan

Hamer

Edmundson

Hunt

Nepo

Missilou

Baxter

Branger

Lang

O'grady

About as good as we can get out of what we have at the moment. 

Sylla? He was very good yesterday. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Scholes would quit if AL interferes with team matters according to today's Sunday Mirror.

Despite extensive talks those guarantees have not yet been received.

Also says Pete Wild was told to change his line up for the Doncaster game.

He had to change his line up for the Doncaster game because maouche  was suspended and Vera isn’t match fit. However I suspect it wasn’t Wilds choice to nepo at left back 

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sylla? He was very good yesterday. 

I think he's improved a little but i dont see us creating anything with a central paring of sylla and Missilou. A central 3 is the only way i see us playing both as it stands so then branger out... Lang out wide and just o grady up top

2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I think he's improved a little but i dont see us creating anything with a central paring of sylla and Missilou. A central 3 is the only way i see us playing both as it stands so then branger out... Lang out wide and just o grady up top

He spent the first half jogging from left to right in the centre circle second half he looked a better player still would prefer Fane playing in the middle as he breaks play up better than Ya Ya

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

According to today’s Sun AL says a deal with Scholes is agreed and he’ll be in charge in time for the home game with Morecambe.

He probably doesn't fancy a trip to the soulless bowl on a Tuesday night anyway. 

Mentioned it earlier last week, get him in for Morecambe, make it free entry and let's get this promotion push going roared on by 10k plus :OASISscarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m not all that willing to follow this club any more whilst AL decides who plays and where. He can fuck right off.

This is where I am, it doesn’t feel we are doing things with integrity any more. Players publicly criticising one another suggests there’s a lot of disharmony and mistrust in the camp. The whole situation is one big mess.

9 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

This is where I am, it doesn’t feel we are doing things with integrity any more. Players publicly criticising one another suggests there’s a lot of disharmony and mistrust in the camp. The whole situation is one big mess.

Said on the way home yesterday that if this circus continues (lack of manager and signings) then that will be me this season barring probably Bury  maybe Newport and Exeter away, rather have a nice holiday with the money I'd save going week in week out.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m not all that willing to follow this club any more whilst AL decides who plays and where. He can fuck right off.

You don’t stop following because an owner comes along who will be around for a few years. Not happy? Bolton fans seem to be doing a lot of good in highlighting the shocking job their owner is doing. 

Protests at games / before games is what starts getting things noticed. Don’t think there would be the support to start it yet though. 

56 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

According to today’s Sun AL says a deal with Scholes is agreed and he’ll be in charge in time for the home game with Morecambe.

Monday announcement either way.  Either he is the new manager or Scholes says thanks but no thanks. 

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Do wonder what it would finally take for our fans to challenge the ownership. Far too many just happy to be a football league club. 

Keep that mindset and it won’t be long before we do a Stockport... maybe then people will start to turn? 

These kinds of posts bring nothing to a debate. 

Challenge the owner to do what?  Explain exactly what you want from the current owner. Do you want him to spend money he hasn’t got or promise you Championship in 3 years? What? 

What exactly do you want to achieve? 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Challenge the owner to do what?  Explain exactly what you want from the current owner. Do you want him to spend money he hasn’t got or promise you Championship in 3 years? What? 

These are exactly the posts and opinions which makes a chairman think it's okay to play football manager and mess about with our club, what he's doing needs challenging because it's not right.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

These are exactly the posts and opinions which makes a chairman think it's okay to play football manager and mess about with our club, what he's doing needs challenging because it's not right.

An owner an can literally do what he wants until someone stops him by buying him out. We can voice our displeasure and we can vote with our feet. That is all. 

“Challenging” the chairman is just words.  Challenge him how? 

Kusunga says we should challenge him.  I’m all ears.  I might even join in if it’s a sensible and coherent arguement.  But it won’t be. It’s words. Perhaps you can help by telling me? 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Eventually the penny will drop and people will see the :clown: for what he is, until then they will blindly follow unquestioning.Until such time his disciples will always know better.you must always remember that you saw through the fakery,the phoney allegiance and the cheap gestures to identify a megalomaniac,dictator and a bully in the clothing of a friendly sheep.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

You don’t stop following because an owner comes along who will be around for a few years. Not happy? Bolton fans seem to be doing a lot of good in highlighting the shocking job their owner is doing. 

Protests at games / before games is what starts getting things noticed. Don’t think there would be the support to start it yet though. 

I lost all appetite for this sort of thing when I was constantly ridiculed and shouted down when I was regularly sticking my head above the parapet regarding Corney, too many good people walked over the last ten years. We’re left with old men and kids following us, the kids are awesome they go everywhere but Many of those in their 30s and 40s have thrown in the towel. Many of those were the lads that stood in the rain alongside myself shaking buckets in 2003. 

I’ve been picking and choosing my games over the last few years and despite never being better off financially if it hadn’t been for the stupidly cheap ST I wouldn’t have bothered this year. I’ll be missing something like 6 or 7 home games this year and when I don’t go to games I can’t even be arsed listening to it, just checking Twitter every now and again. I’ve gone from 50 games per season to barely 30 a year over the last 4 or 5 years.

Sadly days like Fulham are no longer enough, the club is up shit creek without a paddle. We’re on a fast track to do an orient, they’ve stabilised but we’re likeky to become a York, Torquay or Hartlepool given the way we’re being run.

If if there was genuine and concerted efforts to show Lemsagem what we think I’d join in. If it’s the half arsed attempts we saw against Corney then count me out.

Edited by oafcprozac

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Stop interfering in the team

Pay the bills on time

Treat club employees with respect instead of sacking people on a whim.

Take English lessons so he can actually deliver a coherent interview.

Appoint a board of directors 

Open a club shop worthy of the name?

Most importantly what are his 

short-term

medium term

long term

Plans for the club? 

And that’s just for starters...

Edited by oafcprozac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Stop interfering in the team

Pay the bills on time

Treat club employees with respect instead of sacking people on a whim.

Take English lessons so he can actually deliver a coherent interview.

Appoint a board of directors 

Open a club shop worthy of the name?

Most importantly what are his 

short-term

medium term

long term

Plans for the club? 

And that’s just for starters...

These things aren't exactly difficult things to deliver either infact they are really basic fundamentals that our owner struggles with.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Eventually the penny will drop and people will see the :clown: for what he is, until then they will blindly follow unquestioning.Until such time his disciples will always know better.you must always remember that you saw through the fakery,the phoney allegiance and the cheap gestures to identify a megalomaniac,dictator and a bully in the clothing of a friendly sheep.

Grow up.  Disciples... ffs. 

The question was... challenge how?  You got any ideas or plans or is just words too?