Morcombe(sic) (H)

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Ironic that the only recent manager you rate, had by far the biggest budget of our last four managers, and we still got relegated. 

You say it’s the worst team in your lifetime, but at the same time it was all Bunn’s fault. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The two things aren't mutually exclusive...

Sheridan got a tune out of two of our worst teams ever. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The two things aren't mutually exclusive...

Sheridan got a tune out of two of our worst teams ever. 

And therein lies the problem.….Sheridan suffers from a severe case of Allardycitus…….no stamina for a long campaign!!!

23 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

And therein lies the problem.….Sheridan suffers from a severe case of Allardycitus…….no stamina for a long campaign!!!

He sees something that doesn't sit right with him and that's it, regardless of league position as Carlisle found out rather sharpish, although he hasn't quite mastered the art long enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Big Sam 💷🏦🛥️🚘

8 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He sees something that doesn't sit right with him and that's it, regardless of league position as Carlisle found out rather sharpish, although he hasn't quite mastered the art long enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Big Sam 💷🏦🛥️🚘

Sounds like he has good morals ...

2 hours ago, singe said:

I don't think generally most on here would consider me that!

I've just got a really bad gut feeling based on circumstances him coming too us (still a great coup) and the fact Day2 we performed great, by Day 7 the team had given up & it was shit , Bunn & PW didn't manage that!

All 3 Managers this year have ben dealt a crap hand though, so I really hope he can get something out of this team, or we get some investment and really get a decent team that Scholes can inspire.

I know that you are not, I was giving you a dig in the ribs. I would hazard a guess that your gut feeling comes as a result of the catalogue of managerial disasters that have blighted the club in recent times. The match on day 2 was, I believe, still running on Wild's momentum and mixed with the sense of occasion. The last gasp goal from Crewe seems to have had a definite kick-in-the-teeth effect, then, combined with Scholes' bad selection and strategy, last night was largely a night to forget. Fair play to Morecambe though for going home with the points.

Still could be in with a shout at the playoffs, if circumstances go favourably. I don't think Scholes will be short-term and the close season could be an interesting one. 

42 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I know that you are not, I was giving you a dig in the ribs. I would hazard a guess that your gut feeling comes as a result of the catalogue of managerial disasters that have blighted the club in recent times. The match on day 2 was, I believe, still running on Wild's momentum and mixed with the sense of occasion. The last gasp goal from Crewe seems to have had a definite kick-in-the-teeth effect, then, combined with Scholes' bad selection and strategy, last night was largely a night to forget. Fair play to Morecambe though for going home with the points.

Still could be in with a shout at the playoffs, if circumstances go favourably. I don't think Scholes will be short-term and the close season could be an interesting one. 

Phew! Agree 100%. Maybe we need a quick confidence boost. I really want PS to take us places. 

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Bunn should have gone a lot earlier.

We were in good form until the Exeter game (a few days before he was sacked) so that seems silly. IIRC we went up to 5th during that match when Lang put us ahead. Bunn exceeded my expectations for the season in all honesty, our squad is poor.

43 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We were in good form until the Exeter game (a few days before he was sacked) so that seems silly. IIRC we went up to 5th during that match when Lang put us ahead. Bunn exceeded my expectations for the season in all honesty, our squad is poor.

We actually played well against Exeter, but failed to deal the Jayden Stockley , we should have also had a clear penalty when was fouled I’m the area . Yes the performance s few days later cost Bunn his Job , but if the rumours are true, the owner kicking off in the dressing room after the exetyhe wouldn’t have helped team morale 

6 hours ago, mad4it said:

We actually played well against Exeter, but failed to deal the Jayden Stockley , we should have also had a clear penalty when was fouled I’m the area . Yes the performance s few days later cost Bunn his Job , but if the rumours are true, the owner kicking off in the dressing room after the exetyhe wouldn’t have helped team morale 

On the other hand, if the team felt Bunn was harshly treated, they would have pulled out all the stops and produced the goods at Carlisle to show the owner they were with the manager.

42 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

On the other hand, if the team felt Bunn was harshly treated, they would have pulled out all the stops and produced the goods at Carlisle to show the owner they were with the manager.

The owner signed half of the players , so that was going to be very unlikely. 

53 minutes ago, mad4it said:

The owner signed half of the players , so that was going to be very unlikely. 

Nonsense..….out of the 18 players, 3 came through the system, 2 were at the club before AL, 5 were loanees brought in by Bunn/Rhodes, 4 were signed by Bunn/Rhodes leaving 4 brought in by AL/ML. I would say that less than 25% had some affiliation with the owner.

No. Bunn lost the dressing room.....that's if he ever had it.

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Nonsense..….out of the 18 players, 3 came through the system, 2 were at the club before AL, 5 were loanees brought in by Bunn/Rhodes, 4 were signed by Bunn/Rhodes leaving 4 brought in by AL/ML. I would say that less than 25% had some affiliation with the owner.

The players really liked Bunn, okay they downed tools at Carlisle but I would bet a pound to a penny that was in protest at AL storming the dressing room post match Exeter and not because they'd lost respect for Bunn, Bunn losing his job was the fall out from it because AL loves to deflect the shit storm away from his own door.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The players really liked Bunn, okay they downed tools at Carlisle but I would bet a pound to a penny that was in protest at AL storming the dressing room post match Exeter and not because they'd lost respect for Bunn, Bunn losing his job was the fall out from it because AL loves to deflect the shit storm away from his own door.

Doesn't make sense...…."down tools" in protest at the owner so the manager ends up getting the boot AND THEN pull out all the stops for PW in the next couple of matches peaking In Fulham where, from my seat, they didn't shy away from AL in the celebrations.

There was only one player who stood by Bunn and that was Miller. To the rest, Bunn was just another manager and a not very good one.

Lot of misinformation here, I think. 

Edited by mikejh45

19 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Doesn't make sense...…."down tools" in protest at the owner so the manager ends up getting the boot AND THEN pull out all the stops for PW in the next couple of matches peaking In Fulham where, from my seat, they didn't shy away from AL in the celebrations.

There was only one player who stood by Bunn and that was Miller. To the rest, Bunn was just another manager and a not very good one.

Lot of misinformation here, I think. 

Just out of interest where is your information from? It's okay running down others view point and passing it off as misinformed but you seem to think your point is the only valid one, I heard Bunn was well liked from someone within the squad and personally I have no reason to disbelieve that, I personally didn't rate Bunn but think it's unfair you claim he lost the dressing room based on one bad result.

I've never claimed to have a source and stated so on here on several occasions.

My opinion is based on human nature and logic only. I read what others post and if it doesn't make sense, I try to make a reasoned, alternative viewpoint.

So please tell me how, as you put it, "downing tools" for the Carlisle game would help Bunn? Doing so gave AL a reason to get of him and backfired on the players.

Bunn may have been well-liked but what does that mean?

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

So taking in to consideration that Bunn was sacked for one bad performance (Carlisle) would you say tha Wild lost the dressing because of the Macclesfield performance and that Scholes has (already ) lost the dressing room because of the performances against Crewe and Morecambe.

Of the players that Bunn was allowed to sign on a permanent basis all were at the end of their careers (or had been brought out of retirement) , do you really that Bunn with 20+ years experience in youth development only wanted to sign 33 year old players, or do you think his hands were tied by the budget he had been given ?

19 minutes ago, mad4it said:

So taking in to consideration that Bunn was sacked for one bad performance (Carlisle) would you say tha Wild lost the dressing because of the Macclesfield performance and that Scholes has (already ) lost the dressing room because of the performances against Crewe and Morecambe.

Of the players that Bunn was allowed to sign on a permanent basis all were at the end of their careers (or had been brought out of retirement) , do you really that Bunn with 20+ years experience in youth development only wanted to sign 33 year old players, or do you think his hands were tied by the budget he had been given ?

Bunn has the biggest budget we have had in years. One of the biggest squads aswell. Anyone who gives coke a 2 year deal shouldn’t be anywhere near managing the club! 

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

There was only one player who stood by Bunn and that was Miller.

Perhaps the real reason for Bunns sacking was that a certain player (allegedly) had AL by throat after his dressing room, after he stormed into after the Exeter game

Edited by mad4it

On 2/20/2019 at 11:48 AM, deyres42 said:

Couldn't make the game last night so wouldn't like to pass comment on that but would have to disagree regarding quality, this is easily the worst team in my lifetime. 

Neither could I, have been going since 1970 and can't think of a worse one

4 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Perhaps the real reason for Bunns sacking was that a certain player (allegedly) had AL by throat after his dressing room, after he stormed into after the Exeter games 

How many times are you going to use an alleged incident to suit your argument? I don't think I have come across any other poster who mentions this.

We are 8 weeks on from Exeter and this story remains a story.

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Bunn has the biggest budget we have had in years. One of the biggest squads aswell. Anyone who gives coke a 2 year deal shouldn’t be anywhere near managing the club! 

Really, is that why haven’t been able to name a full bench on at least 2 occasions this season.

Just now, mikejh45 said:

How many times are you going to use an alleged incident to suit your argument? I don't think I have come across any other poster who mentions this.

We are 8 weeks on from Exeter and this story remains a story.

I use the word allegedly because it wasn’t there to witness the incident, and those that were haven’t publicly commented on it.