Morcombe(sic) (H)

2 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

No matter how bloody good a manager you are, three games in a week on that pitch would sap the energy out of Brazil and Morecambe will be back on their Snooker table come Saturday.

As poor a condition as the pitch is, that shouldn't deflect from the poor team selection,individual poor performances and a collective inability to create anything.

For the whole of the game we were treated to aimless punts upfield from Clarke and Edmundson.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

As poor a condition as the pitch is, that shouldn't deflect from the poor team selection,individual poor performances and a collective inability to create anything.

For the whole of the game we were treated to aimless punts upfield from Clarke and Edmundson.

If they hadn't just played three games in a row on it, I'd be in full agreement,

I'll be more concerned if the players serve up the same when they're back on a decent surface.

38 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Agreed on all fronts.

People are confusing criticism with wanting him sacked.

I know we don't have the right to beat anyone anymore (an attitude which seems to mean it's OK to lose every game..), but we've just been well beaten at home to Morecambe.  Fecking Morecambe!!! 

Whichever way you want to dress it - that's bad.

We were beaten but I’m not sure “well beaten”

We had 12 shots they had 13 but both teams had 6 shots on target. We had 57% possession to their 43% and we had 9 corners to their 2 and their winner came in injury time so I accept we were beaten but not well beaten 

Edited by Paul

1 minute ago, Paul said:

We had 12 shots they had 13 but both teams had 6 shots on target. We had 57% possession to their 43% and we had 9 corners to their 2 and their winner came in injury time so I accept we were beaten but not well beaten 

We were well beaten - Iversen kept us in the game!  Hence him being given Man of the Match!

I don't know who does the stats, but other than the goal, Vera's miss and (if it was a shot) Hunt's effort near the end I can't think of any other shots we had on target.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Come on they could of had three or four easily by halftime, okay O'Grady hits the corner flag with a free header from ten yards but there chances were clear cut, plenty of ours were hopeful digs from 30 yards away (which I don't mind) where as theirs were on the counter attack were they carved us up time after time. Iverson at home to Morecambe was named man of the match which tells you all you need to know.

They wanted it more it's as simple as that, having ability means diddly squat if you can't apply yourself.

Effort, pride and attitude should be a given for a professional footballer and too many fell short last night.

26 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We were well beaten - Iversen kept us in the game!  Hence him being given Man of the Match!

I don't know who does the stats, but other than the goal, Vera's miss and (if it was a shot) Hunt's effort near the end I can't think of any other shots we had on target.

Baxter forced keeper into close range save, just got something on it from Cogs knockdown, Cogs free header, Vera should definitely have scored plus we could have had at least one penalty when Clarke got dragged down from two corners

im not saving we deserved to win but at the same time I think “well beaten” is stretching it as well

As for MOM awards, they are given by sponsors who have had a few to drink more often than not and not really to be taken too seriously, often a player can do nothing all game, score a goal and then gets MOM!

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Baxter forced keeper into close range save, just got something on it from Cogs knockdown, Cogs free header, Vera should definitely have scored plus we could have had at least one penalty when Clarke got dragged down from two corners

Im not saving we deserved to win but at the same time I think “well beaten” is stretching it as well

As for MOM awards, they are given by sponsors who have had a few to drink more often than not and not really to be taken too seriously, often a player can do nothing all game, score a goal and then gets MOM!

Is that you, Scholsey?

Just now, JoeP said:

Your name is Paul and you're defending last night's performance...

Ah right, so because my name is Paul and I haven’t said we should have been smashed last night, that makes me Paul Scholes, okay I see your logic now 🙄

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Your name is Paul and you're defending last night's performance...

Ah right, so because my name is Paul and I haven’t said we should have been smashed last night, that makes me Paul Scholes, okay I see your logic now 🙄

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The worst one being Shez learned how to play on the pitch, ignoring the fact it was a completely different set of players playing under completely different circumstances.

True. Twitter is a pi** boil 99% of the time and is best avoided. Whoever it was must have conveniently forgot that Shez also managed to achieve relegation form on an early season, pristine pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Also, writing off a young lad like Stott when he’s being played completely out of position :petesake: He was the second coming of Maldini at MK 2 weeks ago, get a fucking grip.

Stott is painfully slow particularly on the turn and positionally unaware of where he is on the pitch, drifting inside at every opportunity Morecambe had pretty much the run of the park down that flank in the first half, his distribution was shocking to go with it so although it wouldn't be fair to write him off he was piss poor last night and he wouldn't be starting again any time soon in my opinion.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The worst one being Shez learned how to play on the pitch, ignoring the fact it was a completely different set of players playing under completely different circumstances.

i was referring to the fact he set up to be resolute and nick a goal as its difficult to play flowing football on a cabbage patch. we had a team with much less quality in a higher division and clawed results out two years on the trott at this time of year. this was mroecambe at home, 4th bottom of the league and we lost. as we saw tonight it was hard to pass through the middle yet we constantly tried to play that way. we leave o'grady up top with minimal support. hardly an ideal way to play. you cant sit here and say that the set up was spot on and it was all the players fault for not carrying out the intstructions well enough

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

i was referring to the fact he set up to be resolute and nick a goal as its difficult to play flowing football on a cabbage patch. we had a team with much less quality in a higher division and clawed results out two years on the trott at this time of year. this was mroecambe at home, 4th bottom of the league and we lost. as we saw tonight it was hard to pass through the middle yet we constantly tried to play that way. we leave o'grady up top with minimal support. hardly an ideal way to play. you cant sit here and say that the set up was spot on and it was all the players fault for not carrying out the intstructions well enough

Personally thought we gave up on trying to play football and left it to Iverson, Clarke and Edmonson to hoof it aimlessly back to Morecambe.