Morcombe(sic) (H)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Nepo's is the worst performance by one of our players all season. 

Sorry but I don’t agree with that at all. True it wasn’t one of his best performances but he is one of the few who can control the ball quickly and consistently and tries to play constructively. 

42 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

A complete and utter disgrace.

The pitch, the players, the way the club has been run. That game optimized everything about our recent history. 

It is the hope that kills you.

Really wouldn't surprise me if Scholes walked before the end of the season

Behave, he knew what he was taking on...

give him time FFS!!

So the French lads are suddenly a pile of sh*t now, are they? Subsequent to the bigging-up they were getting on here, after the Crawley and Yeovil wins. Scholes is one week and three games in and I bet some are already sharpening the knives. He is a rookie...a very high profile rookie. This is not his team, he had no input during the transfer window and he has to try and impose his playing ethos onto the players he has available. 

The play offs are more than likely out the window but until it is mathematically impossible, then who knows? Scholes will not walk from this job. He is not a quitter and I think he will also realise that the summer will mean a squad rebuild of his own making. If Lemsagam puts obstacles in his way, then he could tell him to shove it.

I am also amongst those bemused as to why our two loanees are not making the squad. Are they injured or are they just not good enough? 

That was poor tonight. Can’t help but feel we set up wrong, tried to overplay which was obv the tactic. Only shez has worked out how to win at BP when the pitch is bad and I’m afraid to say it but direct football is the only way. Odd ogrady was left up top with no real support but it’s his first job and will take time to work out what he wants. Just hope he learns quickly as our team should be beating morecambe’s as We have way more Quality. Nepo back to left back where he was class recently and get Lang back quickly 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I never had you down as a kneejerk merchant. 

Unfortunately the kneejerk is that over the last 12 months this clown has presided over a club that has lost its' league 1 status and now laguishes mid table on the bottom rung of the EFL. His final throw of the dice is a PR evercise, Paul Scholes is the latest scapegoat in his experiment.Lets get real the buck stops at ALs door.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

So the French lads are suddenly a pile of sh*t now, are they? Subsequent to the bigging-up they were getting on here, after the Crawley and Yeovil wins. Scholes is one week and three games in and I bet some are already sharpening the knives. He is a rookie...a very high profile rookie. This is not his team, he had no input during the transfer window and he has to try and impose his playing ethos onto the players he has available. 

The play offs are more than likely out the window but until it is mathematically impossible, then who knows? Scholes will not walk from this job. He is not a quitter and I think he will also realise that the summer will mean a squad rebuild of his own making. If Lemsagam puts obstacles in his way, then he could tell him to shove it.

I am also amongst those bemused as to why our two loanees are not making the squad. Are they injured or are they just not good enough? 

To be fair, not everyone has been bigging up the french guys and whilst obviously Scholes is only a week into the job,his team selection was downright rank.

We are allowed to make observations surely?

4 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

That was poor tonight. Can’t help but feel we set up wrong, tried to overplay which was obv the tactic. Only shez has worked out how to win at BP when the pitch is bad and I’m afraid to say it but direct football is the only way. Odd ogrady was left up top with no real support but it’s his first job and will take time to work out what he wants. Just hope he learns quickly as our team should be beating morecambe’s as We have way more Quality. Nepo back to left back where he was class recently and get Lang back quickly 

If that wasn’t direct football tonight I’d hate to actually see what direct football is. We scored our goal from passing it to the wing and getting a cross into the box. Not by fucking hitting it to one of our shit lumps. 

Hoofball won’t get us anywhere. Find me a top team that plays hoofball and consistently wins. They don’t exist 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

To be fair, not everyone has been bigging up the french guys and whilst obviously Scholes is only a week into the job,his team selection was downright rank.

We are allowed to make observations surely?

Of course we are allowed to make observations and we are allowed to express our opinions. Unless Scholes comes out and explains his team selection, then we are in the dark and left to speculate. He sees them in training, we don't. He is learning the managerial game and it is blatantly obvious that his football nous and ethos cannot be absorbed and implemented by players not of his choosing and who he has only worked with for seven days.

I'm tempted to say "slowly, slowly" but maybe that's a bit too sarcastic.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Honestly think we'd be no worse off with Frankie Dull and he'd of probably of brought in two or three in the window who could of made us better and actually been able to play.

Bunn was just the scapegoat, apart from Carlisle, we had started to play some decent football . The players need to take a longer hard look at themselves after the last 2 games, if they’re up for the fight , then **** them off and play the young lads from the academy.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Of course we are allowed to make observations and we are allowed to express our opinions. Unless Scholes comes out and explains his team selection, then we are in the dark and left to speculate. He sees them in training, we don't. He is learning the managerial game and it is blatantly obvious that his football nous and ethos cannot be absorbed and implemented by players not of his choosing and who he has only worked with for seven days.

I'm tempted to say "slowly, slowly" but maybe that's a bit too sarcastic.

I am very much hoping that Scholes will be offering his apologies for that team selection.

39 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Please tell me when we made 20 passes ? 

Diagnol balls to the wingers all game. Or pumped to ogrady and Vera, who are awful 

Might be stretching it a bit but passed it round the back from every set piece was a waste when we were clearly shit. Might as well have thrown the lumps up from time to time and hoofed it direct 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If that wasn’t direct football tonight I’d hate to actually see what direct football is. We scored our goal from passing it to the wing and getting a cross into the box. Not by fucking hitting it to one of our shit lumps. 

Hoofball won’t get us anywhere. Find me a top team that plays hoofball and consistently wins. They don’t exist 

I'm sure you will find people who say the only way out of League Two is to have players who are 6''3" and over and just keep lumping the ball into the box. Personally, I don't want to pay my hard earned cash to watch that kind of dross.

Surely the changes tonight were enforced through tiredness?

Without Lang it was obvious we needed Dearnley and MM would have been better than Sylla. Can't help but think they needed resting and he had no other choice to play Sylla and COG.

Lang, Dearnley and MM were all a big miss.

Said it earlier in the thread, they're unbeaten in 5 away and lost just 6 of 18. Was never going to be easy.

The pitch doesn't help. 

Is it just me or if we'd have played them at Wembley we'd have won that game quite easily. 

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I am very much hoping that Scholes will be offering his apologies for that team selection.

I don't think it will be an apology as such but maybe a concession that he got it wrong and will keep learning from his mistakes.
Realistically, I think that is all we can expect, at this moment in time.

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It is at Liverpool. 

Means nothing. Still not won anything despite spending sh*t loads of money.

Van Gaal, before he failed at United (having said that he still won more than Klopp in a shorter tenure than Klopp) was a successful coach for several clubs and he's known for nailing his arse to the seat for 90 mins.

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Surely the changes tonight were enforced through tiredness?

Without Lang it was obvious we needed Dearnley and MM would have been better than Sylla. Can't help but think they needed resting and he had no other choice to play Sylla and COG.

Lang, Dearnley and MM were all a big miss.

Said it earlier in the thread, they're unbeaten in 5 away and lost just 6 of 18. Was never going to be easy.

The pitch doesn't help. 

Is it just me or if we'd have played them at Wembley we'd have won that game quite easily. 

The pitch is the same for both teams, so I don't think the argument stands.
They dealt with it better.