Morcombe(sic) (H)

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Surely the changes tonight were enforced through tiredness?

Without Lang it was obvious we needed Dearnley and MM would have been better than Sylla. Can't help but think they needed resting and he had no other choice to play Sylla and COG.

Lang, Dearnley and MM were all a big miss.

Said it earlier in the thread, they're unbeaten in 5 away and lost just 6 of 18. Was never going to be easy.

The pitch doesn't help. 

Is it just me or if we'd have played them at Wembley we'd have won that game quite easily. 

That last line must go down as THE most optimistic view of tonight’s horror show😀

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The pitch is the same for both teams, so I don't think the argument stands.
They dealt with it better.

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That last line must go down as THE most optimistic view of tonight’s horror show😀

Course the argument stands. Man City were 2 up on Newport after 89 minutes the other day on a cow pat. If that'd been at the Ethihad it would have been 6 or 7.

Point that is probably irrelevant, is that we are much the better footballing side but can't show that due to the pitch.

45 minutes ago, underdog said:

we got what we deserved again.

Total absence of a midfield. What's happening with Fane? route one would be nice, like George did first half run at defenders, get a shot off, get lucky with e rebound. grrr..no one runs through to the D.

I like the look of their no 26 and 27 and I don;t know who weaved past two of our defenders on our goal line to set up their win

I know Scholes is a week in but on the balance, Pete Wild seems to be better.

Fane is definitely still injured. He looked a bit off from being fully fit too when I saw him go up the steps in the old directors' box on Saturday. 

I'd still have Sylla in front of him mind. 

10 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Cheers my friend 👍

It'll be a very rapturous trip all the way back down the motorways if we can do it in style like the Yeovil drubbing but I have a feeling this could be tougher and we don't want to end up with another crewe cut :petesake:

Keep your head down tomorrow round the bay 

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Course the argument stands. Man City were 2 up on Newport after 89 minutes the other day on a cow pat. If that'd been at the Ethihad it would have been 6 or 7.

Point that is probably irrelevant, is that we are much the better footballing side but can't show that due to the pitch.

There may well be some truth in what you say, however, you also have to be smart about what is needed to get out of a particular division...we don’t seem very smart, too many different players, too many different and inexperienced managers, confusion surrounding our ownership structure etc etc....the place is a cluster fuck and we are where we are because of it

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So after tonight I'm gathering that;

Scholes isn't good enough

The same lads who were good against Yeovil are now shit

Ability to wave hands means you're a good manager able to inspire people

We might get relegated 

So no panic or over exaggeration then

Tonight was a bad performance.

A lot of the posts in this thread rightly point out that a number of players were poor tonight.

And yes these were the same players who played well against Yeovil.

The starting eleven, whether due to injuries or not, was unbalanced.

One or two players confirmed that they are simply not up to it.

A number of players showed that they can play.

No panic or over exaggeration from me. Just comment on what we saw tonight and to a lesser extent on Saturday.

Scholes is learning fast that this football management game is far from easy. 

On to Saturday and hopefully the return of Lang and Hamer. That will bring better balance and maybe an upturn in performance.

16 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Might be stretching it a bit but passed it round the back from every set piece was a waste when we were clearly shit. Might as well have thrown the lumps up from time to time and hoofed it direct 

Oh come on we did that all bloody game. Did we even play a pass around their box ?

17 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm sure you will find people who say the only way out of League Two is to have players who are 6''3" and over and just keep lumping the ball into the box. Personally, I don't want to pay my hard earned cash to watch that kind of dross.

Couldn’t agree more 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Fane is definitely still injured. He looked a bit off from being fully fit too when I saw him go up the steps in the old directors' box on Saturday. 

I'd still have Sylla in front of him mind. 

He can’t bloody stay unfit as well if Fanes the answer what’s the bloody question ? 

No excuse for that shit tonight, Stott looked well out of his depth, Branger is really that bad, O’Grady is just pointless and although he only got about 20 mins that Vera fella is just like a shitter version than o’Grady if that at all is possible..

On a positive note Baxter looks to be getting more on the ball and involved, its just a shame that there isnt one player on that pitch on the same wavelength...

Not looking forward to Bury on Saturday after that..

When will we realise that anyone in CM who can’t pass the ball is simply not good enough, and a slow lump upfront won’t score us the goals we need, blood is boiling after that tonight. Wasted opportunity and a loss of any form of momentum we had

Edited by LightDN123

37 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

That was poor tonight. Can’t help but feel we set up wrong, tried to overplay which was obv the tactic. Only shez has worked out how to win at BP when the pitch is bad and I’m afraid to say it but direct football is the only way. Odd ogrady was left up top with no real support but it’s his first job and will take time to work out what he wants. Just hope he learns quickly as our team should be beating morecambe’s as We have way more Quality. Nepo back to left back where he was class recently and get Lang back quickly 

And there lies the problem, the only man capable of managing this team is the ALL MIGHTY JOHN SHERIDAN! Yet he is still mocked it’s a disgrace the man is a LEDGEND ! With him as manger we would be choo fucking chooing to THE TITLE !  SHUCK FUCKING SHUCK! We don’t need gimmicks, we don’t need multiple league, champions, league  cups and league cup winner! WE NEE OUR SHEZ OUR JOHN? Our leader who knows us and knows how to get the best out of US ! Our John, our leader OUR CHOO FUCKING CHOO JOHN JOHN SHERIDAN

That was not great tonight sadly, too many players not at the races.

i don’t think it’s fair to blame Scholes though so soon, he’s been in the club 7 days and wasn’t responsible for signing any of these players and he’s had barely any time to work with the squad so I think blaming him is an over reaction. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors other than Hamer and Lang not fit to play. 

I agree with others about the loan signings that haven’t been seen, it seems strange to sign two players, pay whatever towards their wages when they aren’t fit to play, surely it would have made more sense to sign players on loan who are ready to play?

Baxter is now starting to show the form he is capable of, not just the goal but he always wants the ball and tries to link the play up and he was my MOM by a mile. Branger is just a selfish player who plays for himself and I think the fact that Nepo has been moved about a lot recently has seen him lose the confidence and rhythm that he had earlier in the season. The left back slot seems to be the issue slot, though again earlier in the season when Hunt was playing there regularly he was quite effective.

Urko Vera is miles off it, not sure what league he came from but it can’t of been a very high standard.

Their keeper showed iverson tonight a real goalkeeping performance. Brave, claimed everything and controlled his defence. Iverson puts far too much pressure on his back line constantly by not coming to collect. When he did against Yeovil it put a different spin on the game. Yes he pulls a worldie out the bag every now and again but I don’t buy he’s that good. Much better in this league. 

For me Stott might need to be purely a CB because he was torn apart tonight. 

Missilou worst game game I have seen him have this season. Soft in the tackle won next to nothing in the air. 

Branger put out a few tidy crosses in tonight but his work rate leaves a lot to be desired. 

Ogrady and Vera I don’t think are worth commenting on. 

Take Maouche out of that side as we did  and we lost our shape the ability to find a blue shirt at times and and control over the game. 

Think scholes May have given up trying to work with them already if I was him next season would already being planned. 

Morecambe played a very good pressing game tonight, scored there goals at just the right time and generally made life very difficult for us. I personally didn’t see much evidence of over playing, if anything, we were hitting hopeful cross field balls or crosses from far to deep with little or no support to our forwards. As for the selection, without the injured Lang, I thought it was ok. Maouche had a poor game on Saturday and looked disinterested for much of that game and when Lang went off injured, we had no attacking options on the bench. PS knew that we were in for a hard night so quite rightly in my view started with Missilou and Sylla to try and win the midfield battle with options to bring on more attacking flair in Maouche & Dearnley later on. You must remember that Dearney has only played couple of games in Men’s football and a 3rd game in a week was probably asking a lot. It just didn’t turn out well. Scott didn’t have his best game tonight but that’s to be expected from time to time with our youths and it will be a learning experience for him and Branger whilst clearly having ability, he just winds me up as he makes bad decisions far to often, He needs to become more of a team player to advance his career. 

All in all, just a bad day at work for many  of our team tonight, but we move on. Still only 6 points off the play offs, so if it’s ok, I shall remain blindly optimistic 😂

49 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

There may well be some truth in what you say, however, you also have to be smart about what is needed to get out of a particular division...we don’t seem very smart, too many different players, too many different and inexperienced managers, confusion surrounding our ownership structure etc etc....the place is a cluster fuck and we are where we are because of it

100% agree.

31 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He’s a walking/ hobbling ledgend OUR John, OUR HERO! I love the man! He is a tactical genius. He can make the worst strikers score goals, yhe worst back four keep clean sheets! And after it all he sFUFKING CHUFFED TO BITS! What a guy, what a guy!!!!

Chesterfield had won 4 games in 28 in the league this season.

Sheridan comes in. Wins 3 of his first 4. The other was a draw.

As if we sacked this man.

52 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Keep your head down tomorrow round the bay 

I didn't have to wait that long as my phone was going none stop as I left the ground, on top of that it was a terrible journey home as they'd closed the exit off the M61 to the M6 😩

Being a Latics fan has never been a breeze, I've seen the highs, the lows and had many nights like tonight but I won't hide the fact.......that was a true shocker.

I'd like to remain optimistic about the play-offs but in my heart of hearts I think we'll be playing Morecambe again next season and worry more about the scoreline at Bury if we turn up like that come Saturday

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

No excuse for that shit tonight, Stott looked well out of his depth, Branger is really that bad, O’Grady is just pointless and although he only got about 20 mins that Vera fella is just like a shitter version than o’Grady if that at all is possible..

On a positive note Baxter looks to be getting more on the ball and involved, its just a shame that there isnt one player on that pitch on the same wavelength...

Not looking forward to Bury on Saturday after that..

Scholes not disappointed, as a manager he thought we played well.

I bet in private as a fan he was livid at the performance of some players.

Edited by BP1960