Scholes gone

On 8/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think he was heavily motivated till he got it then became very bored very quickly 

Doesn't help when there's no hot water on first days training because the gas meter has been removed!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we'd have held out for a couple of minutes in a couple of games, his points to games ratio would've been decent. There's no way he can be written off as a Manager based on the month he was here (also Baxter started to play well again). Unsurprising he couldn't be arsed with the shenanigans but nor is it surprising he wanted to give it a go. 

If we got new owners who wanted to 'do things properly' and make us competitive, I'd be far from unhappy if he came back as our marquee Manager. 

17 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

If we'd have held out for a couple of minutes in a couple of games, his points to games ratio would've been decent. There's no way he can be written off as a Manager based on the month he was here (also Baxter started to play well again). Unsurprising he couldn't be arsed with the shenanigans but nor is it surprising he wanted to give it a go. 

If we got new owners who wanted to 'do things properly' and make us competitive, I'd be far from unhappy if he came back as our marquee Manager. 

My thoughts are that results under his reign were distorted by 2 last minute equalisers and a 14% win rate was not a true reflection. 

I strongly believe things would have improved if he had stayed and potentially the club would have benefitted from his international or at least national exposure and we may have been pointing in the right direction again. 

Complete conjecture but sadly the rot has continued since his departure     

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, singe said:

No Interference they still claim. 

He’s the Director of Football so it’s inevitable.  However I doubt he scouted most of new signings so either relying on agencies to do his work or Kewell is having a say too.

I don’t care as long as this new crop come good and we continue to strengthen.  Last three have been squad players (Garrity sowed some promise) so we still need at least 5 first team players.  If Wheater is off hopefully that’ll free up some budget.... I know, I know

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

Can I ask. If you owned the club and funded it. Would you go and have a look at training? 

Very, very rarely.

I'd employ a manager who I trusted to take care of the football side of things and judge him on results. I think my continued presence on the training pitch would make the manager feel he was being watched constantly. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Very, very rarely.

I'd employ a manager who I trusted to take care of the football side of things and judge him on results. I think my continued presence on the training pitch would make the manager feel he was being watched constantly. 

I'm sure there'd be no problem if you were there regularly (not all the time) due to your love of football. Which was why you wanted a club in the first place.

I would be and it would be fine. 

I know fuck all about how to put on a training session anyway. 

Not to the extent of AL/MO but I'd have something to say on a Saturday if they kept picking shit players and we kept losing. Then again, we wouldn't have any shit players or lose any games if I owned it. 

3 hours ago, singe said:

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The state of that 

Dresses like a 50's binman except they worked hard and provided a valuable service to the community.

On a side note here just watching the all or nothing Tottenham thing. Daniel Levy appears regularly at the training ground although he only turns up either in the canteen or in Mourinho's office he doesn't appear out on the grass. I imagine its a fairly common occurence for an owner or sporting director to go to the training ground their should however be Boundaries. Mo was told to get out of the changing rooms by Dino last season thats an example of a boundary that shouldn't be crossed.

14 hours ago, singe said:

A quick question for all:

If you were the Director of Football at a football club, would you occasionally attend training?

I know I would. In fact I would see it as part of my job description.

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you were the Director of Football at a football club, would you occasionally attend training?

Yes, the lot of them would. Along with me.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I would but I would only be a DofF In the first place if I was qualified and suitable for the job. I think that’s more the issue here.

Archived