and Staff.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Depends how you’re spelling it as I completely messed it up

Hes called Louis Dean 🤣

I googled it and came up with a former manager of Welling Town

Still no official welcome from the club or a thank you and good luck to ex youth team manager Selim!

• 2 weeks later...

It now seems pretty obvious that Selim was originally brought in with the first team head coach role in mind for the long term. After it went so abysmally, there’s no way he’d justify another shot at it in the future. And carrying on as youth manager didn’t seem like something he wanted to stick around for. Looks like he’s got a decent new role, but reckon he was looking for an out as soon as Shez came in.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 5:11 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Interesting that they dont list NEBOSH As a requirement - any health and safety role demands this as a minimum 

Thats not correct mate ... its not a traditional H&S Role ... its a Safety Officers role and thats a different role entirely and the requirement is a Level 4 Diploma Spectator Safety Management not NEBOSH as you correctly say is minimum for normal H&S jobs.

Been in H&S for 25 years and work for a club in an H&S role. The advert for the OAFC job is correct.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrsbammo said:

Thats not correct mate ... its not a traditional H&S Role ... its a Safety Officers role and thats a different role entirely and the requirement is a Level 4 Diploma Spectator Safety Management not NEBOSH as you correctly say is minimum for normal H&S jobs.

Been in H&S for 25 years and work for a club in an H&S role. The advert for the OAFC job is correct.

Well you learn something every day! 

Maybe that's why he allows fire exits to be blocked by stewards and pigeon excrement to be left all over seats 

Edited by Chaddyexile84

10 minutes ago, philwhite said:

You are worried about pigeon muck ? You’ve obviously never been to Chesterfield 

No I haven't but having seen someone nearly lose a leg after he got a cut infected from exactly that on a building site I do consider it a concern.

Any health and safety professional would ensure it got cleaned 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No I haven't but having seen someone nearly lose a leg after he got a cut infected from exactly that on a building site I do consider it a concern.

Any health and safety professional would ensure it got cleaned 

Not on here to defend or not practices at your club but the bird muck issue is an issue many, many groiunds face all the time. Stadiums are open spaces and unless you can 'net' almost every nook and cranny (and its eye watering costs to do so) then our feathered 'rats' get everywhere! seats can be clean one minute then moments before the turnstiles open can find multiple seats covered in sh*t ... its a nightmare! never been able to find an total solution, wealthy clubs no doubt have an army of cleaners on their pre-match, during match and post-match cleans but many clubs will be on a wing and a prayer ... pardon the pun!

2 minutes ago, Mrsbammo said:

Not on here to defend or not practices at your club but the bird muck issue is an issue many, many groiunds face all the time. Stadiums are open spaces and unless you can 'net' almost every nook and cranny (and its eye watering costs to do so) then our feathered 'rats' get everywhere! seats can be clean one minute then moments before the turnstiles open can find multiple seats covered in sh*t ... its a nightmare! never been able to find an total solution, wealthy clubs no doubt have an army of cleaners on their pre-match, during match and post-match cleans but many clubs will be on a wing and a prayer ... pardon the pun!

These seats haven't been cleaned in about 10 years 

And as someone who also works in Health and Safety in construction we don't usually say "oh that's a nightmare to do so we won't bother"

I'm sure you'll agree the HSE wouldn't accept that reasoning either.  Not that they deal with stadiums 

And as someone who also works in Health and Safety in construction we don't usually say "oh that's a nightmare to do so we won't bother"

I'm sure you'll agree the HSE wouldn't accept that reasoning either.  Not that they deal with stadiums 

Of course ... "we won't bother'" would never fly (pun alert again) and not one I suggested, but as you know ... the caveat of 'reasonably practicable' would be considered and I would stake everything I own that as long as a club could prove that they have a pre-match cleaning regime in place, then a succesful prosecution on preventing a bird naturally depositing mess in an open stadium at any given time would be zero ... however, if there was no cleaning done then ... best of luck defending that position I agree!

• Like 1

A full season of asking the club several times  to put a reserve sticker on my season ticket main stand seat and they've not bothered.

I made my own to stop others sitting in it before I arrived.

I'm not the only one, I see many torn or peeled off.

Not a difficult task for next season I'd think to redo the lot?

• Like 1