and Staff.

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Club doctor - Dr Rob Beardsell has left, and the club are actively recruiting. https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/july/16072021-club-doctor/

Presumably, until the post is filled, we will be paying extra for this required post on matchdays. 

FWIW the club needs to improve its advert there’s a glaring omission, but this is my field and I don’t expect the club administration to be as keyed in as I am. 

I take it Maarmsy’s latest tweet is about someone else leaving and not the doctor?….although I’m struggling to identify who a long serving member of the backroom staff might be!

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it Maarmsy’s latest tweet is about someone else leaving and not the doctor?….although I’m struggling to identify who a long serving member of the backroom staff might be!

Conor Marlin? Albeit it not continuous he has been around since the Robinson days other candidates:

Roy

Dean Pickering

Any of the cleaners/maintenance 

Karl Evans is long serving by recent standards 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I've just applied for the Club Doctor position....I have absolutely no medical qualifications whatsoever but seeing as Mo is the Director of Football I see no reason why that should exclude me  

Are you related to Abdallah Lemsagam?

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I've just applied for the Club Doctor position....I have absolutely no medical qualifications whatsoever but seeing as Mo is the Director of Football I see no reason why that should exclude me  

If you can administer plasters and use a sponge you should be fine..

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

If you will do it for free, then you can have the job, not worried about your qualifications,

On 7/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, oafc1955 said:

Maybe it was the doc, who'd been associated with Latics for 30 years!

According to another relatively new, and Barry anonymous, twitter account:

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Maybe it was the doc, who'd been associated with Latics for 30 years!

According to another relatively new, and Barry anonymous, twitter account:

Seems that way given Maarmsy quote tweeted the tweet linking it to their original semi cryptic tweet about the long-standing member of staff.

FWIW if the owner of the new, and Barry anonymous Twitter account is on here. You don’t NORMALLY replace a doctor before firing one, doing that is the sort of thing that Employment Tribunals take a dim view of.

Furthermore, I’ve been involved in the change of employment for over a thousand doctors, (not hyperbole), as far as I recall only a handful of those were appointed to replace someone already in post. Most were appointed after the fact and those appointed before were due to known issues like retirement or change in circumstances to reflect return to, or completion of, training which is known about roughly 4 months in advance.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Club sec hasn't been here that long has he?

He may be the person wo didn't understand the simple rules of the EFL loan and has therefore been fired. Quite rightly if so.

It also looks like they have realised they screwed up when deciding to make the ticket office part time. They saved money last season because of covid, but the chickens have come home to roost now.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

He may be the person wo didn't understand the simple rules of the EFL loan and has therefore been fired. Quite rightly if so.

It also looks like they have realised they screwed up when deciding to make the ticket office part time. They saved money last season because of covid, but the chickens have come home to roost now.

If you look at the contact us on the official site, the current club secretary has another role, Head of Operations, and is the main contact for both new posts.

That makes me think that someone has realised he has too much on and they need someone else to fill the lesser of the two roles. Maybe as a consequence of him being involved in cock up over the loan agreement. 

Both could easily have found roles at other clubs etc.