and Staff.

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

+ BH’s I would think?

Possibly in lieu, but we have a game on 5/6 BH over the season (the only one missing is 27th December which is itself in lieu for Christmas Day).

I'd guess the club secretary needs to work any day with a game but then again a recent occupant of the role watched a home game from the away end according to reports.

I don’t want to be negative but is that employee still there who sent letters threatening supporters with bans cause they were “bad mouthing” the owners.

This was pre pitch invasion, I can’t remember who it was, was he the commercial manager?.

20 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I don’t want to be negative but is that employee still there who sent letters threatening supporters with bans cause they were “bad mouthing” the owners.

This was pre pitch invasion, I can’t remember who it was, was he the commercial manager?.

Was it Steve Brown?

58 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I think it was, personally I hope the new owners are aware of this letter. Especially if he’s heading up the commercial department.

The fans groups the new owners have been talking to must have made them aware and surely the letters will be rescinded. 

27 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The fans groups the new owners have been talking to must have made them aware and surely the letters will be rescinded. 

My son is still banned (for basically being an active member of the PTB) and upon the rescinding of his ban, another 6 or 7 season tickets will be obtained from my family and friends. 

I was advised that club would issue a statement of sorts in near future - hope its not like one of Bazzers or in same tone as last few seasons'    

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Steven Brown signed the banning letters for promoting "dislike of Oldham Athletic."

Julie Cross, as Safety Officer (imported from Rochdale), signed the post-Salford banning letters.

7 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

My son is still banned (for basically being an active member of the PTB) and upon the rescinding of his ban, another 6 or 7 season tickets will be obtained from my family and friends. 

I was advised that club would issue a statement of sorts in near future - hope its not like one of Bazzers or in same tone as last few seasons'    

Darren Royle said in one of his interviews (think it was to Mike Minay) that all bans would be looked at individually.

I took that to be the diplomatic way of saying that they'll all be rescinded.

Edited by Chaddyexile84
  • Like 1

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Darren Royle said in one of his interviews (think it was to Mike Minay) that all bans would be looked at individually.

I took that to be the diplomatic way of saying that they'll all be rescinded.

I hope that's the case Chaddy, want to part with my hard earned and get a few of us back in together if possible 

Decision about whether to do NS or Rocky Road, not that territorial tbh  

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I went to the meeting with the banned fans and Steve Brown. It was absolutely pathetic from both him and Paul Hughes...

Brown probably needs fucking off, we've got rid of the turds why not finish off with the skid mark, fresh start all round.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

Suspect that if bans issued by club you will be okay. But if banned by court that could be a problem 

Don't think anyones been banned by courts, Bazza's statement alluded to police involvement but not heard of anything coming from it

I bet GMP are as ecstatic the tossers have gone as we are 

This might sound petty but it’s more out of principle. I want to sponsor a couple of players through my business. If it is him heading up the commercial department then I’m at crossroads.

The way the fans were treated was absolutely diabolical and unethical from someone who is in a senior position within the club.

I remember reading the exchange of emails/ letters somewhere and I was thinking god god who is this dictator who fails to understand freedom of speech.

If it was a certain Mr Brown he needs to redeem himself by firstly apologising to the fans he banned and humiliated.

It was an absolute PR disaster.

Edited by Lukers1

Hopefully with the shackles off the media team actually start producing some content.

The output has been so weak - they’re obviously understaffed so will cut them some slack… but there are some easy wins they are missing out on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

This might sound petty but it’s more out of principle. I want to sponsor a couple of players through my business. If it is him heading up the commercial department then I’m at crossroads.

The way the fans were treated was absolutely diabolical and unethical from someone who is in a senior position within the club.

I remember reading the exchange of emails/ letters somewhere and I was thinking god god who is this dictator who fails to understand freedom of speech.

If it was a certain Mr Brown he needs to redeem himself by firstly apologising to the fans he banned and humiliated.

It was an absolute PR disaster.

I reckon he might be just around for the handover process before being asked to step down we should have no need for a general manager anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I reckon he might be just around for the handover process before being asked to step down we should have no need for a general manager anymore.

I’ll still go with my head and sponsor the players. I just don’t want this smoothed over and left in the long grass. It’s not a witch hunt but some people need to be held accountable for what was a dark period of time at the club. He may say he was forced by Al but an apology would be a step forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Hopefully with the shackles off the media team actually start producing some content.

The output has been so weak - they’re obviously understaffed so will cut them some slack… but there are some easy wins they are missing out on.

Mikey left in May. New guy Alan wasn’t allowed by old regime to start until July. All the work preseason had to be done in truncated period

I think anyone who has been monitoring media output since Thursday will be more reassured that things are improving and will continue to do so

Lots of slack rather than some needed. 

5 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

New owner already said those that enter the field of play should be in prison so...