Boundary Park buy out

19 minutes ago, Lags said:

Is this a new thing happening at clubs? no, it's happened many many a time at many many a club. Including Latics in the past. You've plenty of topics to whip AL with, this isn't one of them.

Examples of healthy well run clubs where this type of thing happens?

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I think you meant £12k "is that it" as in, "is that only how much it is?"

Whereas Lags thought you meant "is that it?" as in, as that all the problem is, when it's clear in the point of paying it is much bigger than that.

He knew that....

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

Is this a new thing happening at clubs? no, it's happened many many a time at many many a club. Including Latics in the past. You've plenty of topics to whip AL with, this isn't one of them.

22 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not at all. I thought COG had been released...as in...nothing is said and then he pops up at another club. Hadn't realised he was with the Youth. Coke, I knew was under contract still. I just assumed we were finding ways to remove him from the club. AL wants them off the books...no issue with that at all. I hope it works. They aren't available selection. It happens at every club up and down the land...Pulis was told he couldn't play Downing last season coz it triggered a new contract if he did. Stop making it out like AL invented this course of action for unwanted players.

If he starts saying Sefil should start over Wheater every week, then I'll start to agree it's still going on.

Fair enough. I take your points about contractual issues, and Coke was nowhere near the side last year so I can see why they would push him out. 

O’grady’s situation still seems odd to me. Top pro, made a lot of appearances and always gives his best. Was offered an option on the original deal, and it was triggered. Now he’s not allowed near the first team. 

Edited by League one forever

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Examples of healthy well run clubs where this type of thing happens?

Really Ryan?, even Georgie Best was sent to train with the kids!!

It's been a tactic employed to get rid of players since year dot.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. I take your points about contractual issues, and Coke was nowhere near the side last year so I can see why they would push him out. 

O’grady’s situation still seems odd to me. Top pro, made a lot of appearances and always gives his best. Was offered an option on the original deal, and it was triggered. Now he’s not allowed near the first team. 

He’s awful 

Just now, Lags said:

Really Ryan?, even Georgie Best was sent to train with the kids!!

It's been a tactic employed to get rid of players since year dot.

Yep, really.

At present, which well run clubs employ this tactic to force players out of the club?

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yep, really.

At present, which well run clubs employ this tactic to force players out of the club?

check out the link for plenty of examples

Honestly, let this one go brother......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sa=N&q=sent+to+train+with+the+youth+team&tbm=isch&source=univ&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjP4aW-ieTjAhVkURUIHQ5VC_o4FBDsCXoECAgQJA&biw=1920&bih=963

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yep, really.

You missed it above then 🙄

Here it is again for you...

28 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

<snip>...Pulis was told he couldn't play Downing last season coz it triggered a new contract if he did. <snip>

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Some might say it wasn't very smart of them to allow O'Grady's extention to be triggered if they wanted rid...

So are you saying they should have interfered with team selection?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Anybody....? 

Harry

For me, with the club owing only £12,000, it clearly shows there is more than outstanding monies owed to the OEC in the way of the proposed SLA being signed off

Come off it, that’s not the same as what Abdallah’s doing. Emailing the gaffer saying who he should play and banishing players to the youth team because they(/their agents in the case of Hunty) have done something to upset the regime, regardless of their ability/importance to the team, is in no way comparable to making a financial decision to avoid playing a player who is deemed surplus to requirements.

If what you’ve described with Downing is true then that’s what happened at Latics with Andy Taylor last season - I had no problem with that because he was shite...

13 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

He believes OEC owe him £50k

As in the current management group (FLG) who took over at the end of May?

Or the previous management of the OEC that was our current landlord Brassbank?

Any idea what the £50K is for?

Cheers

Just now, tGWB said:

Harry

For me, with the club owing only £12,000, it clearly shows there is more than outstanding monies owed to the OEC in the way of the proposed SLA being signed off

Don't indulge him, he's just hanging out the reply for his troops to load off on.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Come off it, that’s not the same as what Abdallah’s doing. Emailing the gaffer saying who he should play and banishing players to the youth team because they(/their agents in the case of Hunty) have done something to upset the regime, regardless of their ability/importance to the team, is in no way comparable to making a financial decision to avoid playing a player who is deemed surplus to requirements.

If what you’ve described with Downing is true then that’s what happened at Latics with Andy Taylor last season - I had no problem with that because he was shite...

So it's OK , some of the time?

Honestly this happens everywhere. Down the era's

Just now, tGWB said:

What does that even mean ?

It means he wasn't really asking a the question to be answered sensibly by you. Like in which you have. He will now claim contrary, but it doesn't really matter. I mustn't bite.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No but given that they were doing anyway they probably should have done in this instance...

So you are saying they should interfere with team selection.

Blimey, it's hard to understand this Al bashing malarkey.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Would he then be gambling that the OEC/FLG won't pursue the money through legal channels and potentially jeopardise our season even further... ?

This is how they will end up owning the club. He can't pay his bills, simple as.

Unlike Corney AL wont be able to ask the landlords for help.

We get the club back in one piece. Win.