Boundary Park buy out

Just now, Lags said:

So it's OK , some of the time?

Honestly this happens everywhere. Down the era's

“Just remember that Andy Tayls will trigger another year on his contract if he plays again. I’d advise you don’t do that as it’s a significant wage that will reduce your budget for next season when he’s clearly not good enough if we want to challenge for promotion.”

“Morning gaffer. Hunty’s agent has been touting him about behind my back trying to get him a move to a better club with a higher league position. I know it’s not Rob’s fault and I used to do this thing all the time as an agent but it has pissed me off so he won’t be able to play again until I put my toys back in the pram and decide he can come off the naughty step.”

”But Absy he’s one of the first names on my team sheet and we’re still in with a shout of the play-offs.”

Do you see how these two things are different?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

As in the current management group (FLG) who took over at the end of May?

Or the previous management of the OEC that was our current landlord Brassbank?

Any idea what the £50K is for?

Cheers

Historical re charges for utilities etc that the club had been paying. I believe it would be the owners which are liable the FLG aren’t the owners. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

“Just remember that Andy Tayls will trigger another year on his contract if he plays again. I’d advise you don’t do that as it’s a significant wage that will reduce your budget for next season when he’s clearly not good enough if we want to challenge for promotion.”

“Morning gaffer. Hunty’s agent has been touting him about behind my back trying to get him a move to a better club with a higher league position. I know it’s not Rob’s fault and I used to do this thing all the time as an agent but it has pissed me off so he won’t be able to play again until I put my toys back in the pram and decide he can come off the naughty step.”

”But Absy he’s one of the first names on my team sheet and we’re still in with a shout of the play-offs.”

Well firstly, that's some crystal ball you have, but yes I do get what you are saying Ryan. It still doesn't alter the fact this type of thing as gone on a long time at most if not all clubs. Half the time we don't even hear about it.

Anyway, we've done this enough. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Well firstly, that's some crystal ball you have, but yes I do get what you are saying Ryan. It still doesn't alter the fact this type of thing as gone on a long time at most if not all clubs. Half the time we don't even hear about it.

Anyway, we've done this enough. Agree to disagree.

Fair

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Aye...so a club has never benched a player that's been trying to engineer a move away either???

Alright then 🙄

Arnautović - West Ham

I'm enjoying this game 😄

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Aye...so a club has never benched a player that's been trying to engineer a move away either???

Alright then 🙄

Arnautović - West Ham

I'm enjoying this game 😄

When did I say that, Rossy?

Was it Pellegrini or the owners who made that decision?

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Corney got Royle to drop Lee Hughes coz if he scored another goal it triggered a payment.

#AgendaLads

If only he hadn't started both of Royle's first two games back.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lags said:

So it's OK , some of the time?

Honestly this happens everywhere. Down the era's

Don't care aboutother clubs but I do care about what happens at ours. 

There are some very different scenarios here; I can see why a Chairman may bar a specific player from selection for individual financial reasons such as a contractual obligation but that's miles away from some of the stories that appeared to have credibility last season.  They seemed largely to revolve around fallings out because some players voiced their opinions or because they were not part of certain cliques.  I don't know if they were true but the number of them with common themes represented strong circumstantial evidence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How does Pawel's Law work? Can we have Abdallahs's Law so we can pick and choose what counts?

How about we just judge people on their actions whoever they are?  Which as far as I can see, most people do when it comes to AL.

23 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Historical re charges for utilities etc that the club had been paying. I believe it would be the owners which are liable the FLG aren’t the owners. 

I wonder who owes who the most?

Landlord or club owner?

And how long back can you chase a previous company for that owes you money...or your the business you have acquired money? I will presume there is a legal precedent set?

Edited by underdog

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't care aboutother clubs but I do care about what happens at ours. 

There are some very different scenarios here; I can see why a Chairman may bar a specific player from selection for individual financial reasons such as a contractual obligation but that's miles away from some of the stories that appeared to have credibility last season.  They seemed largely to revolve around fallings out because some players voiced their opinions or because they were not part of certain cliques.  I don't know if they were true but the number of them with common themes represented strong circumstantial evidence.

I think it's a known within the game these things do happen, many times not coming out of clubs for a long time afterwards. 'Dealt in house' the term used sometimes.

I am not in the 'AL's done nothing wrong camp', but this is not unique to him.

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How does Pawel's Law work? Can we have Abdallahs's Law so we can pick and choose what counts?

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Alright then 🙄

Arnautović - West Ham

I'm enjoying this game 😄

A question for both of you... do you think there is a culture at the club where if you say or do the wrong thing in the owner's eyes then you are out?

58 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You missed it above then 🙄

Here it is again for you...

Stop being played because it triggers  a contract extenaion gets a free pass from me. That can be also a Chairman  decision in fact may need to be. 

Especially if it applies to Coke and OGrady and quite a few others.

I wouldn't classify that as interference. 

Is that the case for anyone though? 

Edited by singe

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

A question for both of you... do you think there is a culture at the club where if you say or do the wrong thing in the owner's eyes then you are out?

I'd suggest that goes on in most businesses/companies

20 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Corney got Royle to drop Lee Hughes coz if he scored another goal it triggered a payment.

#AgendaLads

He started Royle's first couple of games and even missed an open goal against Tranmere. Joe Royle once told me and my dad that Lee Hughes, and this is a direct quote, "was the worst professional I have ever worked with" and said he would have piggy backed him to Blackpool if he could have...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, singe said:

Stop being played because it triggers  a contract extenaion gets a free pass from me. That can be also a Charlie an decision in fact may need to be. 

Especially if it applies to Coke and OGrady and quite a few others.

I wouldn't classify that as interference. 

Is that the case for anyone though? 

So some interference is allowed, even if the manager wanted to pick that player? or only when you deem the player to be shit?. Not having a go at you here, but how do you pick and choose?

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

At the very least you're advocating it then?

I would never advocate anyone other than the manager deciding who plays or not.

I'm saying that these particular owners who clearly do interfere were stupid to allow an contract extension player they obviously didn't want.

8 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think it's a known within the game these things do happen, many times not coming out of clubs for a long time afterwards. 'Dealt in house' the term used sometimes.

I am not in the 'AL's done nothing wrong camp', but this is not unique to him.

He's got one hell of a track record in a very short space of time

• Like 1