Liverpool game now 7pm kick off Wednesday

10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You don't remember Surridge then? Or was he not quality?

He seems to be getting better and better with every passing week since those halcyon days he was firing us to mid table obscurity between being injured and going AWOL.... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You don't remember Surridge then? Or was he not quality?

😂

I remember a kid on loan, who wouldn’t have cost the earth. He played really well for 3 months, then got injured. He didn’t have a pedigree, and it certainly wasn’t seen as a coup at the time of signing for us.  But if you wanna play with yourself over the mighty Surridge, then crack on son.   

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

I remember a kid on loan, who wouldn’t have cost the earth. He played really well for 3 months, then got injured. He didn’t have a pedigree, and it certainly wasn’t seen as a coup at the time of signing for us.  But if you wanna play with yourself over the mighty Surridge, then crack on son.   

Poorly dodged the point.

Nobody mentioned pedigree just quality striker which he is. Nobody mentioned a signing coup. Sorry for you when he got injured-how remiss of him.

We had a striker once many years ago called Wayne Harrison. He did not play a lot of games for us but one thing that did stand out was that he was a quality player-subsequently proved by his Liverpool transfer. He got injured-it happens.

So whilst you want to make it personal-try answering the point we were originally debating. Quality. He was for us.

30 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Poorly dodged the point.

Nobody mentioned pedigree just quality striker which he is. Nobody mentioned a signing coup. Sorry for you when he got injured-how remiss of him.

We had a striker once many years ago called Wayne Harrison. He did not play a lot of games for us but one thing that did stand out was that he was a quality player-subsequently proved by his Liverpool transfer. He got injured-it happens.

So whilst you want to make it personal-try answering the point we were originally debating. Quality. He was for us.

Good effort. 🙄

The conversation was allocation of budget. I was making a point about where our playing budget tends to go. You then got personal by implying I couldn’t remember a player from last season. Who mentioned anything about me being forgetful?  You misjudged me and saw it through the very narrow prism that every conversation is a dig about A/L. It’s a shame you can’t see past that. 

The pedigree and coup but are very relevant because we’re not talking about wether we rate Surridge. We’re talking about the allocation of budget. ( In case you can’t remember. . .😂)  

We paid a fee Porter. 

Kuqi played all his career in the two top divisions. 

Hughes, (while a gamble with his past) had played at the top level. 

All our players. Who will have been our top earner or close to. 

If you want to compare that investment in the team to a kid who’s only league experience was on loan at Yeovil . . . then go nuts. 

I dont mind if they come in on loan or not aslong as they are good enough.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Think he means signings not loans....Porter, Beckett, Hughes & Kuqi we’re our players.

We didnt get a fee for any of them when they left. They all scored Beckett was on loan as discussed above. The only important thing should be if they find the back of the net or not.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I dont mind if they come in on loan or not aslong as they are good enough.

We didnt get a fee for any of them when they left. They all scored Beckett was on loan as discussed above. The only important thing should be if they find the back of the net or not.

Not bothered about getting a fee although that would be icing on the cake.

I would like an experienced striker or two of our own, loan deals are fine but temporary and full of uncertainty and the following season we are back to square one!!

I would just like a little continuity and forward planning for a change.

38 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not bothered about getting a fee although that would be icing on the cake.

I would like an experienced striker or two of our own, loan deals are fine but temporary and full of uncertainty and the following season we are back to square one!!

I would just like a little continuity and forward planning for a change.

I get that and I agree, but I dont think we should dismiss the idea of a loan signing or 2 we have had success in the loan market 3-4 in a squad of about 25 is enough I find. You have to pick them carefully ofcourse but you havevto do that for someone you give a 2-3 year contract to. 

Obviously planning of any sort isnt really much of a strength of the current regime mind.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Who mentioned anything about me being forgetful?

Me.

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

My original reply was to your comment about quality strikers.

The rest of your ramble is for somebody else.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We got them for next to nothing first half of the season. We paid a shitload for them when Lemmy went in and personally negotiated extensions

But don’t let that get in the way of an agenda...

37 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Me.

My original reply was to your comment about quality strikers.

The rest of your ramble is for somebody else.

You seem upset? 😂

My reply was definitely for you. That’s why I quoted you. I thought you wanted to debate?  If you can’t keep up with threads then probably best not to post. 

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You'd have to be thick as fuck to think us signing those 3 is why we went down.... 👍

I don't think those 3 signings is why we went down.

I don't work at the club, but joining all the dots leads me to hold the opinion that I don't think under Abdallah's ownership there is a working environment on or off the pitch that will bring success - and that's backed up really - it's doing the opposite.  So as good as those signings were, we still got relegated that season (behind the scenes being the biggest contributing factor of many in my opinion), and then finished in the bottom half of league 2 last season.  And final opinion - Wheater is a great signing, but I think we'll be bottom half again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think those 3 signings is why we went down.

I don't work at the club, but joining all the dots leads me to hold the opinion that I don't think under Abdallah's ownership there is a working environment on or off the pitch that will bring success - and that's backed up really - it's doing the opposite.  So as good as those signings were, we still got relegated that season (behind the scenes being the biggest contributing factor of many in my opinion), and then finished in the bottom half of league 2 last season.  And final opinion - Wheater is a great signing, but I think we'll be bottom half again.

Damn. I rattled that echo chamber again  🙄😄

The sole reason we went down was thanks to a man called Simon Corney. A man who resided over a decade of cancer. Who sold the club on January 27th of a season he went into with bank accounts frozen, court dates pending and under a player embargo. And was still Chairman until being forcibly removed in May 2018. I do cringe when people want to pin relegation on AL. Says a lot about that person 👍

• Like 1