Boycotting

On 12/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, peanuts said:

stopped enjoying it a few years ago so cut back on games i attended to concentrate on my other hobby of photography used to leave saturdays free to goto games but no longer care enough to do that whilest this bunch of clowns are near the club .rather spend my cash on a studio and a model 

Seriously? Well that sums it up. They're not the only clowns. I'm not defending them for one minute, but you typify the shit that's on here. Utterly spineless and disloyal bollocks. Enjoy taking pictures.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i've rattled a few cages and endured the usual sectarian insult, but actually that isn't an issue (although i'm  more than happy to discuss that in person). What i've seen on this thread is a bunch of wankers who have turned their back on the club they supposedly love. That didn't happen with Tranmere or even Stockport. Look at yourselves. Wow. You love the club? Really? Twats! i hate the owners and i'm middle aged but i'll never turn my back on the club. Never. And i won't make some of the pathetic comments i've read on here. Your answers speak volumes about the type of people you are. Boo hoo.  Shame on you all. You should either be honest about being old and not caring because you like shopping with your wife or shut the fuck up. 

Alternatively, show some fucking backbone and fight for the club you love, if you do love it. When i was younger, i often thought the town didn't deserve such a great club. Lots' of fans came from outside the MBC. infant, more passionate fans came for Tameside, Middleton and beyond. Nothing has changed. 

I'll be there on Sunday. I've been there for 45 years. All the owners have been shit. Moore was great. Are you really that thick? This one took over from a bastard who split the club into pieces. Our current owner had a model which was stupid beyond belief. However, i love the club and i really hate shopping and photography is as boring as fuck. Seriously? If i'm going to protest i'll be in the ground. 

Do yourself a favour. Don't react straight away. Look at yourselves in the mirror. Grow a pair or just piss off and don't come back. I'm sickened by your attitudes. I am Oldham 'till i die. It's in my DNA. I will not capitulate. I will not stay away but neither i will not accept shit management/owners. 

On a side note, the current manger deserves our backing. Unlike spineless supporters like Scholes, this man has dug in. He inherited a huge mess. I hope he goes all the way in turning the team around. 

45 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Why? He clearly didn't have the stomach. like many of the whinging 'fans' on here.  He could'n't give a shit. I think the current manager has shown so much more backbone and commitment. I like Scholes, but he behaved like a total prima donna. If he loved the club, he would've dug in and fought. Same for all supporters. Too many are full of sanctimonious bollocks. 

scholes was a bottler.. Resigned by text didnt have the balls to meet Abdallah and discuss how small his balls where..I just hope we stuff salford on sunday...

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Not the point. we should. i'm just sick of the older former fans hiding behind some pathetic excuses. Forgot the past. Stop living in the past. Some of us just love the club and refuse to let it die by staying away. OUR club. Staying away achieves nothing positive. It's not a protest. It's capitulation. You've given up. Fair enough. But stop ramming your moral outrage down everybody else throat because it's actually bollocks. You've just lost the passion. Go shopping instead.

Sorry Joe, 

I misread your comments and thought it was aimed at the likes of myself, I do the 150 mile round journey because it's my club, my home town and my hearts there.

No matter who's in charge or what manager is inplace, my passion will never wane.

Go shopping? put my feet up? make excuses? I'd rather be dead now!

6 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well i've rattled a few cages and endured the usual sectarian insult, but actually that isn't an issue (although i'm  more than happy to discuss that in person). What i've seen on this thread is a bunch of wankers who have turned their back on the club they supposedly love. That didn't happen with Tranmere or even Stockport. Look at yourselves. Wow. You love the club? Really? Twats! i hate the owners and i'm middle aged but i'll never turn my back on the club. Never. And i won't make some of the pathetic comments i've read on here. Your answers speak volumes about the type of people you are. Boo hoo.  Shame on you all. You should either be honest about being old and not caring because you like shopping with your wife or shut the fuck up. 

Alternatively, show some fucking backbone and fight for the club you love, if you do love it. When i was younger, i often thought the town didn't deserve such a great club. Lots' of fans came from outside the MBC. infant, more passionate fans came for Tameside, Middleton and beyond. Nothing has changed. 

I'll be there on Sunday. I've been there for 45 years. All the owners have been shit. Moore was great. Are you really that thick? This one took over from a bastard who split the club into pieces. Our current owner had a model which was stupid beyond belief. However, i love the club and i really hate shopping and photography is as boring as fuck. Seriously? If i'm going to protest i'll be in the ground. 

Do yourself a favour. Don't react straight away. Look at yourselves in the mirror. Grow a pair or just piss off and don't come back. I'm sickened by your attitudes. I am Oldham 'till i die. It's in my DNA. I will not capitulate. I will not stay away but neither i will not accept shit management/owners. 

On a side note, the current manger deserves our backing. Unlike spineless supporters like Scholes, this man has dug in. He inherited a huge mess. I hope he goes all the way in turning the team around. 

Got to love a bit of shopping. 

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Got to love a bit of shopping. 

This sort of argument gets to me. Support for the club is in the eye of the individual. You cannot have a go at people because they don’t support the club in the way you do, don’t presume your way is the right way.

There are plenty of people for whom latics are in their DNA.

i would suggest that we are all fighting for the very soul and survival of the club that we love ( however we choose to show it.) Slagging people off isn’t the way forward.

‘Rattled a few cages 😂😂😂

Having read that diatribe,  it sounds like your cage is self rattling

‘Do yourself a favour and when you look in a mirror and see bulging eyes a red face and steam coming out of your ears, calm down and think of your blood pressure 

7 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

But stop ramming your moral outrage down everybody else throat because it's actually bollocks.

Eight or nine posts over the past two pages to make the point above 🤔

Now who’s  ramming his outrage down our collective throats?

btw - I do agree with the point you make.

Guest Stanley30
7 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Give ur Head a wobble, its people like u that make me not go. It's only bloody football and I'd rather spend my hard earned money on Mossley or the Roughyeds rather than sit near numpties like u who embarrass our club and town

I genuinely don’t understand what boycotting games will do??

Surely by boycotting games, the attendances are lower, the atmosphere suffers, the revenue for club is reduced. All of these combined neither help the team out on the pitch or help the club recruit better players, so in the medium to long term the club itself suffers, it’s profile suffers, and also potentially it’s league position. In fact the worst case scenario is that it loses its place in the Football League altogether!

How does all of that make the club an attractive proposition to buy for an investor looking to buy a football club?

Anyone who wants rid of the current owners are not helping their cause by making it harder for the team.

I’d say get behind the team, help them climb the table, then ultimately it might give AL an exit opportunity where he doesn’t lose too much of the money he’s already put into the club.

Boycotting and making everything harder for the team and the club is likely to be shooting yourselves in the foot IMO.

COYB ⚽⚽

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well said!!! 👍

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Surely by boycotting games, the attendances are lower, the atmosphere suffers, the revenue for club is reduced. All of these combined neither help the team out on the pitch or help the club recruit better players, so in the medium to long term the club itself suffers, it’s profile suffers, and also potentially it’s league position. In fact the worst case scenario is that it loses its place in the Football League altogether!

How does all of that make the club an attractive proposition to buy for an investor looking to buy a football club?

Anyone who wants rid of the current owners are not helping their cause by making it harder for the team.

I’d say get behind the team, help them climb the table, then ultimately it might give AL an exit opportunity where he doesn’t lose too much of the money he’s already put into the club.

Boycotting and making everything harder for the team and the club is likely to be shooting yourselves in the foot IMO.

COYB ⚽⚽

Bullshit!

Who are you tell people what they shouldn't spend their money on? Its people lives and peoples money they will spend money on how they see fit its nothing to do with you or me or anyonelse. Thats point number 1.

Point number 2 all that giving money to the club will do now is give Mohammed Lemsagam the green light to go and spend money on more crap players from his brothers agency.

Now if people see that if they support the club financially it will be used wisely they will spend money on it wether that be through tickets travel, programmes pies, pints, bovril, shirts, scarves hats whatever. 

Lets face it if we had 10000 coming through the gate every week now we would have a squad of 65 former Nantes youth team players on the books. Why should people come and support that.

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Why? He clearly didn't have the stomach. like many of the whinging 'fans' on here.  He could'n't give a shit. I think the current manager has shown so much more backbone and commitment. I like Scholes, but he behaved like a total prima donna. If he loved the club, he would've dug in and fought. Same for all supporters. Too many are full of sanctimonious bollocks. 

Yeah, don't get why many see Scholes as the pivotal moment to call it quits.  For all the years we were been linked with him, I always had the suspicion that he didn't have the personality or knowledge of lower league football to do a decent job as our manager.  The performances and results suggested this might have been the case.  Plus he walked.

I think, on this one occasion, it wasn't actually Abdallah's fault...

20 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I don't think the way people are "boycotting" at the moment will do anything.  The gates have dropped, but it just looks like people can't be arsed going because the team are shit, rather than for any other reason.

A boycott needs to be a wholesale, organised project like the PTB protest was. 

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

COYB ⚽⚽

This is where it gets difficult. Boycotting has to be seen to be co-ordinated and hence reversible.  For this I thank PTB.  They have begun to show it can be co-ordinated. 

I see everyone's points on here. Gary, you say less revenue damages the club, of course it does, but I can see it may also be the only thing which persuades the owner it is not in his interest to own Oldham.

Please everyone try to get behind PTB.  If they can show the club a significant reduction in the gate, then maybe we can also have a match where all the fans do turn up.  That would show prospective buyers what revenue is possible. 

Maybe this would satisfy all of the fan base.  We could all turn up to watch our team as we want to, apart from the designated matches to boycott or all attend.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bullshit!

Who are you tell people what they shouldn't spend their money on? Its people lives and peoples money they will spend money on how they see fit its nothing to do with you or me or anyonelse. Thats point number 1.

Point number 2 all that giving money to the club will do now is give Mohammed Lemsagam the green light to go and spend money on more crap players from his brothers agency.

Now if people see that if they support the club financially it will be used wisely they will spend money on it wether that be through tickets travel, programmes pies, pints, bovril, shirts, scarves hats whatever. 

Lets face it if we had 10000 coming through the gate every week now we would have a squad of 65 former Nantes youth team players on the books. Why should people come and support that.

I’m not actually TELLING anyone what they should do with their money.

If you read it again I’m just asking the question of how boycotting will help the club be sold in the medium to long term?

You do what you want and I’ll do what I want.

That ok with you????

23 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I’m not actually TELLING anyone what they should do with their money.

If you read it again I’m just asking the question of how boycotting will help the club be sold in the medium to long term?

You do what you want and I’ll do what I want.

That ok with you????

There won't be a medium or long term if these lunatics continue on their merry way...

49 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yeah, don't get why many see Scholes as the pivotal moment to call it quits.  For all the years we were been linked with him, I always had the suspicion that he didn't have the personality or knowledge of lower league football to do a decent job as our manager.  The performances and results suggested this might have been the case.  Plus he walked.

I think, on this one occasion, it wasn't actually Abdallah's fault...

I gave up when my good friend Pete Wild got fucked over in the summer.

10 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Seriously? Well that sums it up. They're not the only clowns. I'm not defending them for one minute, but you typify the shit that's on here. Utterly spineless and disloyal bollocks. Enjoy taking pictures.

your last three words are why i have stopped going i no longer enjoyed the experiance iam enjoying taking pictures more so would rather use my hard earned for that  my life my choice think after 43 years of attending its my choice to make .i do miss it sometimes but not  enough that i can currently come back if there was sea change in the way the club is run then i would consider it but as long as ML is in charge of recruitment  i cant see it happening . one thing i will never ever do is wish ill on the team i am not one to glory in them losing but as i said at the start if i am not enjoying it why spend my money on it 

Archived