Boycotting

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

He wasn't-he walked -by text if I remember correctly.

How many times were we told 17.5 million voted to leave the EU BUT 16.2 million voted to remain?  It's tough.

The best way to bring folks back is success on the pitch-something that may just be starting to happen.

Much better under Dino undoubtedly Whittles but to put things into context, we have won 6 of 22 games to date  - 5 of 13 under Dino (decent enough). To get to 70 points which I feel may be necessary for a play off place, we need to collect 44 points from the last 24 games - nearly 2 points a game or maybe 14/15 wins. 

We have however yet to beat a team from the current top 12 - I am not sure whether Salford or Scunny are in there but I do know they are both above us and Scunny particularly have hit form. I do know thereafter that Cheltenham are a good home side (although they have lost their last 2 home games) and its not a good ground for us traditionally.  

Will January bring in some new players good enough to improve the current side? Will McCann & Smith be retained until the end of the season?

I don't know about you but I am not of the opinion that AL&Mo recruitment can be trusted from their spell a Latics so far and I have yet to see that they have turned the corner.

I do hope that success on the pitch may just be starting to happen - its been far too long since we have seen anything in the League to get excited about 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Much better under Dino undoubtedly Whittles but to put things into context, we have won 6 of 22 games to date  - 5 of 13 under Dino (decent enough). To get to 70 points which I feel may be necessary for a play off place, we need to collect 44 points from the last 24 games - nearly 2 points a game or maybe 14/15 wins. 

We have however yet to beat a team from the current top 12 - I am not sure whether Salford or Scunny are in there but I do know they are both above us and Scunny particularly have hit form. I do know thereafter that Cheltenham are a good home side (although they have lost their last 2 home games) and its not a good ground for us traditionally.  

Will January bring in some new players good enough to improve the current side? Will McCann & Smith be retained until the end of the season?

I don't know about you but I am not of the opinion that AL&Mo recruitment can be trusted from their spell a Latics so far and I have yet to see that they have turned the corner.

I do hope that success on the pitch may just be starting to happen - its been far too long since we have seen anything in the League to get excited about 

Hi i believe Smith is with us on a season long loan.. Deal offered to McCann and hes very happy here as is Jones 

12 hours ago, JoeP said:

Yep, that's more understandable. Wild did a better job as manager than Scholes did too...

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Re the Scholes point, I think that’s why he put “sacking” in inverted commas.....i.e. he left due to impossible circumstances.

mind you, for what it’s worth, I’ve come to the conclusion that Scholes is, in fact, a bit of a twat 😏

Yes Scholes walked couldnt handle lower league management,  resigned by text  he wss reached out to by someone in club.. We have someone in place now who knows Div 2 and is of a strong Character .. Certainly getting the best out of his squad and most importantly being allowed to bring his own players in.

10 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Yes Scholes walked couldnt handle lower league management,  resigned by text  he wss reached out to by someone in club.. We have someone in place now who knows Div 2 and is of a strong Character .. Certainly getting the best out of his squad and most importantly being allowed to bring his own players in.

I thought he quit because Lemmy gave Iacovitti a two year contract without asking him.

That was one of the reasons apparently, there were probably many more we are not privy to...I’ve had conversations with two former employees of the club and as a result I’m in no doubt whatsoever as to the reasons why he left.

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That was one of the reasons apparently, there were probably many more we are not privy to...I’ve had conversations with two former employees of the club and as a result I’m in no doubt whatsoever as to the reasons why he left.

Undoubtedly the Lemsegams were true to form - that's almost a given, but I'm not sure why Scholes' departure is seen as more significant than the others.

He was hopeless - coped worse than any of the others with conditions at the club.  I'm more bothered about the treatment of Bunn, Wild and Bandide.

20 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Undoubtedly the Lemsegams were true to form - that's almost a given, but I'm not sure why Scholes' departure is seen as more significant than the others.

He was hopeless - coped worse than any of the others with conditions at the club.  I'm more bothered about the treatment of Bunn, Wild and Bandide.

I know ifs and buts don’t count but how many more points would we have had under him without last minute/injury time goals?

41 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I know ifs and buts don’t count but how many more points would we have had under him without last minute/injury time goals?

Nowt wrong with ifs and buts - if Mark Hughes hadn't scored that goal, we'd probably be Champions of Europe by now..

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I think for a lot of people it was that the interfering was all rumour until Scholes left and confirmed it. 

3 hours ago, Senor_Coconut said:

I thought he quit because Lemmy gave Iacovitti a two year contract without asking him.

i havent heard that before, ito be honest he had iasues going on with his son, he was spoken to by sonebody who worked with him but didnt have decency to discuss his issues with Al..

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Bunn, Wild, & Banide needed their jobs and that was probably the difference!

Feel completely disconnected with the club. They have played "divide and rule" very well.

Allied to the above, feel no affinity with any of the players.

Not been since first few games of season - and now not missing it at all - which worries me.

BP has the worst atmosphere in the whole football league - it's just dead.

Standard of football is poor. Some non league is as good to watch - sometimes better.

The only thing that will bring me back is a complete change of regime (awaits McFluff saying "we know")

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Feel completely disconnected with the club. They have played "divide and rule" very well.

Allied to the above, feel no affinity with any of the players.

Not been since first few games of season - and now not missing it at all - which worries me.

BP has the worst atmosphere in the whole football league - it's just dead.

Standard of football is poor. Some non league is as good to watch - sometimes better.

The only thing that will bring me back is a complete change of regime (awaits McFluff saying "we know")

Kudos to you for taking the trouble to check out every other ground for atmosphere. 

The club has been mismanaged and badly owned since 1995. The current ownership are just adding their mistakes and incompetence to the very very long list. I don't buy into the Simon Corney is whiter than white in all this, like a few fans have. Him and the other crooks had a helping hand in being where we are. Along with the dog shit mess off the pitch. I've never known a football club to shoot itself in the foot more times than latics with regards to the business of running a football club. Whether it's low transfer fees to yelling at fans for staying away. That's really going to bring them back, having a pop at them. I think some fans are mistaking family atmosphere at the club in the past, for staff being too comfortable in their roles and not being ambitious enough to move club forward. They were quite happy to revel in the club is punching above its weight mantra, that previous owners brought in. Before anyone asks I am not pro AL. I would love to see Mo and Barry fuck off very soon. I just think the clubs problems have been around much longer than the current ownership.

51 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

The club has been mismanaged and badly owned since 1995. The current ownership are just adding their mistakes and incompetence to the very very long list. I don't buy into the Simon Corney is whiter than white. 

Nobody has ever said Corney was an angel and by citing that date your seem to be giving Moore some credit. He was without question the worst ownership we've ever had. The fact that we had a half decent season under him doesn't obscure fraud. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Nobody has ever said Corney was an angel and by citing that date your seem to be giving Moore some credit. He was without question the worst ownership we've ever had. The fact that we had a half decent season under him doesn't obscure fraud. 

Not at all. I agree with you regarding Chris Moore. Just an observation regarding the bigger picture, that we have had horrible luck with owners and still do. Thankfully the current ownership don't seem to have any assets to strip.

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

The club has been mismanaged and badly owned since 1995. The current ownership are just adding their mistakes and incompetence to the very very long list. I don't buy into the Simon Corney is whiter than white

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In 1995 Stott was Chairman. It pre-dates Stop the Rot with JW Lees too. 

Archived