Next seasons kit teased

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the blue kit will be in the recently seen gradient style, fading from royal blue at the top of the shirt, to navy blue at the bottom.

I expect it will have white shorts/socks with it, which could be swapped with the striped kit's navy blue shorts/socks.

18 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I don't see the point of having the club's (Pine Villa's) original strip as an away kit to celebrate 125 years. Surely it should be the home kit?

Plus it shouldn't have red shoulders!

Should be your avatar anyway Bristol.

46 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I don't see the point of having the club's (Pine Villa's) original strip as an away kit to celebrate 125 years. Surely it should be the home kit?

Absolutely.  Don't understand how a commemorative kit could be anything else

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Absolutely.  Don't understand how a commemorative kit could be anything else

Utterly bizarre if it’s the away kit, and the home kit is just a variation on the traditional blue theme.  Pointless. 

10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You're right, but isn't that contrary to what that vote indicated?

I've not seen the results of the vote, so can only assume that fans voted for blue to be home kit. I wanted red and white jus for a change but ah well

11 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You're right, but isn't that contrary to what that vote indicated?

9 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I've not seen the results of the vote, so can only assume that fans voted for blue to be home kit. I wanted red and white jus for a change but ah well

When the poll was launched it contained the following:

”Announcements on the third kit and the results from the poll will be shared in conjunction with the kit launch next summer.”

So perhaps the results have not yet been shared?

A special kit celebrating 125 years that’s just a variation of our bog standard kit would be totally pointless. Classic Oldham.

New badge is literally the only good thing the club has done in the last decade though. Forgot how it felt to see something actually improve.

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Democracy is overrated.  Last year Mrs Brown's Boys beat Flebag to the best comedy award.

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes it looks OK but it’s hardly a unique design for our 125yr celebrations 

Unless you are manufacturing your own then clubs input amounts to little more than telling them your club colours.

Which clubs manufacture their own kit ?

I would guess at zero. If you’re going to celebrate a landmark in your club’s history a manufacturers bog standard, off the peg, stereotype kit, is hardly going to turn heads is it?

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Which clubs manufacture their own kit ?

I would guess at zero. If you’re going to celebrate a landmark in your club’s history a manufacturers bog standard, off the peg, stereotype kit, is hardly going to turn heads is it?

Like I say, a club, especially a lower league one, wouldn't be having much input into the design if they aren't making it themselves.

Archived