Colchester United V Oldham Athletic

One player doesn’t make a team but in this case it did....without Bahamboula we would have been dead and buried.

There is no substitute for having a player who can control the ball and actually run at players with confidence. Every time he got the ball he caused panic and mayhem but will be a marked man after today.

It shouldn’t however, mask what was an absolutely horrendous display in the 1st half. Kewell could actually have been sacked at HT it was that bad!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I will eat humble pie and then eat it again after shitting it out if he does it for 5, 10 or even 2 games 

I am not going to wank myself into oblivion over 45 minutes in a draw away to Colchester 

Goal scored

Bamboozler, Bamboozler, Bamboozler ayaye

21 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

But most people yesterday had written him off as being useless.  Whilst early days, i hope those people will at least be man enough to eat a little bit of humble pie this evening 

Urko Vera, scored on his debut. The rest as they say is history. 

18 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

But most people yesterday had written him off as being useless.  Whilst early days, i hope those people will at least be man enough to eat a little bit of humble pie this evening 

Blimey - he's had a blinder but all "AL signings" will (quite rightly) be judged on the bar set by the infinity of dross AL's previously lumbered the club with...

Delighted with a point, at least demonstrates a willingness to keep going till the end. 

Gets us off the bottom of the table and gives us a platform to build from, albeit a bit of a shaky foundation. 

Like to hear of Bamboozle's cameo, hope its a sign of things to come and not a false dawn 

One point from four games, same as 2018/19 at this stage but a few more goals to celebrate 

6 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Urko Vera, scored on his debut. The rest as they say is history. 

True, but to be fair for the 89 minutes after Urko scored he looked just like he always did.

At least Bahamboula already has enough Latics highlight reel for a three minute YouTube video. 

That will come in handy when we're flogging him to Bolton in January in order to survive! 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Blimey - he's had a blinder but all "AL signings" will (quite rightly) be judged on the bar set by the infinity of dross AL's previously lumbered the club with...

My point being they should be judged on their performance, not on the performance of others that came and disappointed before. 

3 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

My point being they should be judged on their performance, not on the performance of others that came and disappointed before. 

Meh, you can understand the low level of expectation and I don't think there's cause for anyone to get the humble pie out just yet.

Let's just all agree that he's had a blinder and hope it continues...

27 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Who do you have in mind ? Rowe and Pidge?

Nah, Pidge has been decent.  The exception to the rule, even.

More your random unheard of from the European lower leagues..

1 minute ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

As opposed to the household names from Warrington Town, Ross County Wrexham and Salford and other random non league teams 

Well, yeah.  They've not been great either.

Not really sure what you're getting at..

31 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Not getting at anything really other than honest English also rans get a better deal than Johnny Foriegners.....

More a comment on a specific recruitment strategy that has reaped little reward previously..

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Puts Rowe in context for sure 

You are bloody boring, change the tune.

Rowe was the reason we started to win back end of last season. He’s also scored in both games he’s started this year. 

But you are looking to wind people up on this. 

Archived