How do you watch IFollow match?

Apologise if this topic has been cover before, but I’m interested to know how others watch IFollow matches and what good advice is out there to enhance the experience. I access IFollow through the web site on

my laptop and watch on my TV by connecting using an HDMI cable. This has been fine up until the Southend game when the laptop couldn’t connect so I downloaded the app on my iPad which worked ok but 3 of us huddled around the laptop wasn’t ideal. I’ve therefore been looking at ways of connecting my iPad to the TV in case it happens again. What do you do and what advice have you got for myself and my fellow tics? 

55 minutes ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Apologise if this topic has been cover before, but I’m interested to know how others watch IFollow matches and what good advice is out there to enhance the experience. I access IFollow through the web site on

my laptop and watch on my TV by connecting using an HDMI cable. This has been fine up until the Southend game when the laptop couldn’t connect so I downloaded the app on my iPad which worked ok but 3 of us huddled around the laptop wasn’t ideal. I’ve therefore been looking at ways of connecting my iPad to the TV in case it happens again. What do you do and what advice have you got for myself and my fellow tics? 

On the few games I've watched through laptop to TV when I've had a code it's fine. Southend game was a one off. Has been fine all season, apart from that one game 

I watch it the same way you do, via an HDMI cable, laptop to TV. I watch the games on Sunday, without knowing the score, and just change the link each time so that I go straight to the right page. There was no problem with the Southend game on Wednesday, and the sound issues that were mentioned in commentary yesterday, didn't happen.

51 minutes ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

I’ve got an access code which enables free access to every EFL match, videos, interviews

etc no matter which team you support and has no limit on the number of simultaneous users! Guess you won’t be needing it then? 

Nah, thanks anyway. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Having been very proud of working out how to use my Smart TV the Southend cock up was disappointing! One for another day... 😁 

Can't get ifollow app to cast on my big TV, but can from the Latics website. 

Just a reminder. Feedback would be appreciated - cheers

Latics fans do you use ifollow? Have you experienced difficulties?

Then please complete the Trust survey below. Survey closes 6pm on 02.11.2020 and results will be shared with the FSA, our club and on our website. Thank you

I’ve just bought a lightening to HDMI connector so I can connect my IPad to my TV HDMI lead so that I can watch it from my iPad on the big screen. I got the genuine Apple one at £49 from Argos. A bit expensive but didn’t want to risk the cheaper ones at around £17 you can get online. Works fine with videos but not tried it yet for a live match. Will give it a go tomorrow night. 

If it works it will give me two options to watch either through my laptop or iPad/ iPhone just in case one or other experiences difficulties. Will let you know

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No access codes in future starting with the Cheltenham game.

Last time I looked though on Latics website match page there's no facility for season ticket holders yet to access the match for free, it's still asking for codes...https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/20102020-ifollow-codes-update/

I’ve had a look

this morning. It now says the match will be available 1 hour before kick off, so recon it’s all now set up and ready 

21 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

As others have said, the Southend match was a one off and they are refunding me my £10 for the problems.  All other matches have had good coverage.  I use a firestick plugged into the HDMI which also works well. 

If only the product on the pitch was worth the effort. 

1 hour ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

I’ve just bought a lightening to HDMI connector so I can connect my IPad to my TV HDMI lead so that I can watch it from my iPad on the big screen. I got the genuine Apple one at £49 from Argos. A bit expensive but didn’t want to risk the cheaper ones at around £17 you can get online. Works fine with videos but not tried it yet for a live match. Will give it a go tomorrow night. 

If it works it will give me two options to watch either through my laptop or iPad/ iPhone just in case one or other experiences difficulties. Will let you know

Tried it a while ago and mirroring via the lightning cable doesn’t work if you’re using the EFL App. It may do if you’re using a browser.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Tried it a while ago and mirroring via the lightning cable doesn’t work if you’re using the EFL App. It may do if you’re using a browser.

£49 Down the pan then 😟 but it did work with videos through the app so will give it a go before I test Argos’s refund policy. 

2 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

I’ve had a look

this morning. It now says the match will be available 1 hour before kick off, so recon it’s all now set up and ready 

I foresee a massive panic when hundreds can't access a video pass after 5pm.

We know ifollow too well.

Archived