MATCH: vs Grimsby Town (A) 29.12.20

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Is that nine unbeaten away from home, feckin shit tonight but when’s the last time we had an away run like that. 

11 unbeaten across the Wellens/Bunn transition.

Oxford 0-0

Dale 0-0

Wimbledon 2-2

Northampton 2-2 (thanks Richie, exit stage left you clown)

FGR 1-1

Yeovil 0-0

Morecambe 2-0

Grimsby 3-0

Swindon 0-0

Mansfield 0-0

Bradford 4-1 (JPT)

Then lost 2-1 to Northampton

25 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

11 unbeaten across the Wellens/Bunn transition.

Oxford 0-0

Dale 0-0

Wimbledon 2-2

Northampton 2-2 (thanks Richie, exit stage left you clown)

FGR 1-1

Yeovil 0-0

Morecambe 2-0

Grimsby 3-0

Swindon 0-0

Mansfield 0-0

Bradford 4-1 (JPT)

Then lost 2-1 to Northampton

True but we won the last 8 have we not on this latest run, hard to believe it really with this crop of players. 

5 minutes ago, Fervid said:

True but we won the last 8 have we not on this latest run, hard to believe it really with this crop of players. 

Ok, you're going back to Shez in 2008 then, to match this season's 7 wins on the bounce:

Tranmere 1-0

Bournemouth 3-0

Donny (FAC) 2-1

Millwall 3-2

Southend 1-0

Leeds 3-1

Everton (FAC) 1-0

Yeovil 0-0

GIlls 0-0

Well, we've really missed Danny Rowe. We're clueless without his quality and leadership. There's a gaping hole in the team. It's not the goals so much as his creativity. At least with him on the pitch, we always have an outlet.

I hope his very thigh strain heals sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well, we've really missed Danny Rowe. We're clueless without his quality and leadership. There's a gaping hole in the team. It's not the goals so much as his creativity. At least with him on the pitch, we always have an outlet.

Totally agree. 

Not the same side without him. 

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Wholesale changes needed fast. I can't see Kewell lasting much longer if results continue to tail like this. Feels like a defeat tonight to be held by them. 

Did we get beat? How is our away record ? F**ks sake get real.

So so frustrating watching that last night. Bahamboula must think he’s playing by himself!!

Our ability to control and pass the ball with any degree of accuracy is extremely limited. Fage, Garity, & Piergianni are the biggest culprits but they’re not on their own! All over the pitch the amount of times we surrender possession is absolutely criminal!

There were so many opportunities to create chances that were squandered either by playing the wrong pass at the wrong time or not passing quickly enough. You would think that tactical training and playing 2 competitive games nearly every week would gradually improve this aspect but sadly it doesn’t! I suppose it’s why the majority of this lot are plying their trade in the basement division.

Nevertheless, it’s such a poor league, that two or three reasonably competent additions in the right areas would almost certainly have us up around the playoffs.

Whether that happens is anyone’s guess!!

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We scored 3 against Bradford without him, 2 against Walsall without him and 4 away at the league leaders without him...

A few positives:

*We looked pretty solid for once. Struggled with Edwards in midfield for them who looked really lively but never looked like conceding. First clean sheet is a bonus 

*I liked the look of Luamba. Put himself about, really tried to press their centre halves and showed a fantastic bit of control and strength to trap the ball, hold off their defender and pass it in the second half. Could be a good foil for some of our strikers 

*I stayed awake until the end

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We scored 3 against Bradford without him, 2 against Walsall without him and 4 away at the league leaders without him...

What's your beef with Rowe Sinnott?

You don't seem keen on him.

Do you know something we don't (i.e. is he trying to force a move), or is it just from watching him play?

14 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

What's your beef with Rowe Sinnott?

You don't seem keen on him.

Do you know something we don't (i.e. is he trying to force a move), or is it just from watching him play?

No beef with him. Think he is a good player. Just pointing out to the poster above that we are more than capable of scoring goals without him in the side...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We've been crap without him. He is our most creative player by a mile. I', not talking about goals but about performances. With him in the team, we looked very very different. People became far more positive. He's a leader and his value to the team as a whole, not just goals but performances, is marked by his absence.

Perhaps it's just me. I really enjoyed the way we played with him in the team. I haven't enjoyed most performances without him. We destroyed Bradford away. We didn't do that home. We were poor against Walsall and for over an hour against Newport. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

No beef with him. Think he is a good player. Just pointing out to the poster above that we are more than capable of scoring goals without him in the side...

When he's fit he should be our central forward player, but I think the team can function with Grant playing that role (as proven by Cambridge, Bradford at home and Newport) despite him being a weaker option.  We definitely missed a player with that kind of nous up front last night.  Luamba did OK and I rate Dearnley's finishing ability, but neither are able to play that role with confidence yet and it showed.

16 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We've been crap without him. He is our most creative player by a mile. I', not talking about goals but about performances. With him in the team, we looked very very different. People became far more positive. He's a leader and his value to the team as a whole, not just goals but performances, is marked by his absence.

Perhaps it's just me. I really enjoyed the way we played with him in the team. I haven't enjoyed most performances without him. We destroyed Bradford away. We didn't do that home. We were poor against Walsall and for over an hour against Newport. 

I'm in the same boat.  We can function without him but we aren't as enjoyable to watch.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

When he's fit he should be our central forward player, but I think the team can function with Grant playing that role (as proven by Cambridge, Bradford at home and Newport) despite him being a weaker option.  We definitely missed a player with that kind of nous up front last night.  Luamba did OK and I rate Dearnley's finishing ability, but neither are able to play that role with confidence yet and it showed.

I'm in the same boat.  We can function without him but we aren't as enjoyable to watch.

Exactly. Reminds me a little bit of the golden years. We could function without Ritchie, but we were always far more enjoyable with him (although i'm over stretching it with this borderline ridiculous comparison, but you get the point). Put it another way, the Bradford FA cup win was far more enjoyable than the home league win, and Rowe is the main reason.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Exactly. Reminds me a little bit of the golden years. We could function without Ritchie, but we were always far more enjoyable with him (although i'm over stretching it with this borderline ridiculous comparison, but you get the point). Put it another way, the Bradford FA cup win was far more enjoyable than the home league win, and Rowe is the main reason.

Watching Class of 92 last night- and it covers last season. After Rowe equalises at their place, it cuts to Alexander in the changing room -after the game and he just shouts at his players. . . 

Danny . . fucking . . Rowe!!??? 

It was highly amusing how affronted their were by drawing against minnows like Oldham and that Danny fucking Rowe had the temerity to score against them. 😂

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Watching Class of 92 last night- and it covers last season. After Rowe equalises at their place, it cuts to Alexander in the changing room -after the game and he just shouts at his players. . . 

Danny . . fucking . . Rowe!!??? 

It was highly amusing how affronted their were by drawing against minnows like Oldham and that Danny fucking Rowe had the temerity to score against them. 😂

Alexander = Dinosaur  all he appeared to do was shout comes across as a right prick .

23 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

And a massive puppet to Gary Nev. Funny how board interference there is obviously massive but it doesn’t get the same attention as the same thing apparently going on with us?

Probably because they give their managers every chance to succeed with the funding and vision they provide.

43 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

And a massive puppet to Gary Nev. Funny how board interference there is obviously massive but it doesn’t get the same attention as the same thing apparently going on with us?

It’s a problem here because we’re shopping in the bargain bucket and we generally don’t have the nous to exploit it. (Bam and Mac are the only examples) it’s not an issue there because they can afford to bring in known quality signings. 

Who recruits is largely moot IMO, it’s much more about what you can afford. 

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

You're point, of course, is right, but their interference comes from football men and European Cup winners like Giggs, Neville, Butt, Casper and P Neville. We have a former agent, his brother and a retired copper...

57 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

You're point, of course, is right, but their interference comes from football men and European Cup winners like Giggs, Neville, Butt, Casper and P Neville. We have a former agent, his brother and a retired copper...

And the Briefcase wanker

(Just came across this on YouTube by chance) 

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Maybe because they are at the highest position in their history 

Archived