MATCH: v Mansfield Town (H) 13/01/21

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If HK says in his post match interview that he has seen any positives, I will risk a fine, drive up to Oldham and personally kick him in the nuts. Well, I will in my head.

make sure you wear your covid mask and kick him for a suitable social distance, otherwise you might get in trouble.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I know you can't lay all the blame at HK's door because he has to work with what he's got. And what he's got is a pile of tripe but, surely to God, he can get more out of them than this. 

I think the main reason the passing is so bad is the quality of midfield and being unable to trap a ball

But having a completely different lineup and three formations in each match can't be helping. Hard to get that instinctive understanding where people will be running.

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I think the main reason the passing is so bad is the quality of midfield and being unable to trap a ball

But having a completely different lineup and three formations in each match can't be helping. Hard to get that instinctive understanding where people will be running.

Trapping a ball is a basic skill, but some of this lot can trap it further than I can kick it.

Said it before but our purple patch this season was worryingly similar to the equivalent in Wellen’s season. We looked bloody good for a period in that season, playing free flowing and free scoring football. Great upfront, terrible at the back. We all got carried away.

I sincerely hope this season isn’t going the same way

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

On the odd occasion we do find a blue shirt they don't have the nous to put it in the correct position for the recipient to make the most of it.....

We never seem to play a simple ball to feet.  So many no-look and floaty passes. It never comes off and they never learn.

If they weren't off the cards after the trio of disaster-classes against Walsall, Harrogate and Grimsby, the play-offs are beyond any hope unless a divine power intervenes. 

Think it's time to start looking over our shoulders at the bottom two. The pitch has done its seasonal implode so it's going to be even tougher at home now. 

I don't want a kick in the nuts but Rowe coming on was such a difference. But one of the worst performances this season. Gone backwards in progression. Lawlor and Borthwick Jackson cost us tonight and they missed a pen and hit the crossbar. I think we need a couple of good defenders on loan to play with Piergianni. So exposed on the wings tonight. Bahamboula had a quite game, when he is on form he is such a good player for us. So frustrating to watch, especially when we start to play after always going behind, it shows the ability is there. 

Just now, leeflorida said:

I don't want a kick in the nuts but Rowe coming on was such a difference. But one of the worst performances this season. Gone backwards in progression. Lawlor and Borthwick Jackson cost us tonight and they missed a pen and hit the crossbar. I think we need a couple of good defenders on loan to play with Piergianni. So exposed on the wings tonight. Bahamboula had a quite game, when he is on form he is such a good player for us. So frustrating to watch, especially when we start to play after always going behind, it shows the ability is there. 

Don’t go on here very often but judging by your opening, I assume Rowe isn’t hugely popular.

He’s our best player by some distance IMO. 

Question.

Can anyone remember Bahamboula having a stormer at home for us?

If the answer is no (which i suspect it is) is he integral to us getting anything out of a game? With this in mind, is our pitch too small to accommodate his, and our, style of play?

Most will agree the flickering flame of optimism for a League 2 escape is probably snuffed out.

The naysayers will point to more chance for relegation.

January transfer window is probably the key, sort out the midfield or just hope there are two worse sides come the end.

If Danny is a) still at the club and b) not incapacitated, surely he must play .. what is going on there?

Injury to Zach is a hammer blow.

HK needs to find a way to involve McAleny in the game, the lad is running himself ragged, relying on Dylan B or Danny to slot balls.

Clear frustration on faces, the 'feel good' factor is gone.

After a wretched start to the season when Rowe wasn’t being picked to start and the recent slump whilst he’s been injured we’ve only had a good run of results coupled with some decent football when Danny has been in the starting 11. HK get him in from the start on Saturday!

Archived