Keillor-Dunn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Dunn gets better and better.

I must admit at first I didnt rate him

Same, thought he was far too lightweight even though there was flashes of talent. His close control and first touch are absolutely outstanding at times, if he can continue with the consistency he's showing at the moment he'll be some player. He's gone from a squad player to an absolute shoo-in in about 5 weeks 

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Was always giving the ball away in his early games.  So consistent now. 

I have critiscised DKD severely in the past, but I have had a think about this over the last few days.

Was it that he gave the ball away or that the players on the receiving end were just not on the same wavelength?

His control has always been good and his finishing quality already proven in pre-season.

Maybe DKD is a quick learner and Kewell's overall plan is finally starting to filter through to the others?

Still, player of the month is well deserved.

Bigly.

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I have critiscised DKD severely in the past, but I have had a think about this over the last few days.

Was it that he gave the ball away or that the players on the receiving end were just not on the same wavelength?

His control has always been good and his finishing quality already proven in pre-season.

Maybe DKD is a quick learner and Kewell's overall plan is finally starting to filter through to the others?

Still, player of the month is well deserved.

Bigly.

Like McAleny, and Bahamboula, he’ll be another player on the radar with other clubs in the summer. If we can hang on to them and then add a little quality to our defence a promotion push next season would see their values rocket!!

The club could not be faulted cashing in for big money but to see them all walk away in the summer would be hard to take!!!

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Like McAleny, and Bahamboula, he’ll be another player on the radar with other clubs in the summer. If we can hang on to them and then add a little quality to our defence a promotion push next season would see their values rocket!!

The club could not be faulted cashing in for big money but to see them all walk away in the summer would be hard to take!!!

Think it may be a long hard summer 

Classic.

From one extreme to another. In a few weeks DKD has gone from: ‘Shite/Lighweight Non-League At Best’

to

‘Great Close Control/Pivotal Player/Coaching Success’...

The reality is that he’s somewhere in between at the moment. Still a long way to go but is beginning to play to his potential. 

Lets not get get carried away just yet eh lads?

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

No. His passing can be incredibly poor at times, usually the simple ten yarder. The guy has talent, l like him.

9 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Same, thought he was far too lightweight even though there was flashes of talent. His close control and first touch are absolutely outstanding at times, if he can continue with the consistency he's showing at the moment he'll be some player. He's gone from a squad player to an absolute shoo-in in about 5 weeks 

His biggest problem was being caught in possession too often, he's now learned how to shield the ball better and all credit to him for working hard on his weaker points.

Many players don't do this and never improve.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Classic.

From one extreme to another. In a few weeks DKD has gone from: ‘Shite/Lighweight Non-League At Best’

to

The reality is that he’s somewhere in between at the moment. Still a long way to go but is beginning to play to his potential. 

He's not amazing but I said it's a coaching success because DKD looked nowhere near the required level earlier in the season and needed to improve just to be acceptable.  But to his credit he's made that improvement and Kewell has clearly had a positive influence on his game.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

His biggest problem was being caught in possession too often, he's now learned how to shield the ball better and all credit to him for working hard on his weaker points.

Many players don't do this and never improve.

As a supporter without the knowledge or insights of an ex professional or coach, it is interesting to read how players are improving.

Really appreciate how DKD is working hard for the team.

Oddly enough, he seems to have suffered by having a strong pre season (which we couldn't watch), which set an expectation.

It's been a while since he had an off game, the thing I and others picked up on was the awkward first touch or close control, with the ball just bouncing off him.

That said, the lad was in a weak midfield, in front of a leaky defense .... but expected to be a linking play and scoring goals.

Both he and the midfield have improved, I think having Marcel there is a major factor.

Hope DKD continues to develop and stays with us.

BP - what's the answer for Whelan?

I am like many others, after seeing his first few games (with the commentator stating "poor pass by Keillor-Dunn" many times) I thought this guy should be no where near the team sheet.

However I will give the lad credit, he has made me eat my words.

He is still prone to mistakes, but he is now establishing himself as a fourth tier footballer (I did not think I would ever have said that early doors).

He seems to play with more confidence now, and as others have said, other clubs will be taking note.

Now I am hoping he will stay and develop further.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Classic.

to

That's your problem BigDog, you're a glass half empty type of guy 🙄😊

5 hours ago, Mayfield said:

As a supporter without the knowledge or insights of an ex professional or coach, it is interesting to read how players are improving.

Really appreciate how DKD is working hard for the team.

Oddly enough, he seems to have suffered by having a strong pre season (which we couldn't watch), which set an expectation.

It's been a while since he had an off game, the thing I and others picked up on was the awkward first touch or close control, with the ball just bouncing off him.

That said, the lad was in a weak midfield, in front of a leaky defense .... but expected to be a linking play and scoring goals.

Both he and the midfield have improved, I think having Marcel there is a major factor.

Hope DKD continues to develop and stays with us.

BP - what's the answer for Whelan?

Whelan needs time to develop, particularly the physical side of the game. He's a neat and tidy player maybe lacking confidence to impose himself.

I'm hopeful like DKD he can do this.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Whelan needs time to develop, particularly the physical side of the game. He's a neat and tidy player maybe lacking confidence to impose himself.

I'm hopeful like DKD he can do this.

Thanks BP.

I share the optimism, he has looked good when we have dominated midfield (on those rare occasions).

Just hopeful that he could flourish alongside Marcel or the much missed 'McCann type' player.

Whelan and Garrity have suffered dogs abuse, both needing to rediscover their confidence.

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Thanks BP.

I share the optimism, he has looked good when we have dominated midfield (on those rare occasions).

Just hopeful that he could flourish alongside Marcel or the much missed 'McCann type' player.

Whelan and Garrity have suffered dogs abuse, both needing to rediscover their confidence.

As long as they stay off twitter and facecloth they will be OK. Imagine if fans had been allowed in the grounds, they would have took abuse without being able to avoid it. 

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

As long as they stay off twitter and facecloth they will be OK. Imagine if fans had been allowed in the grounds, they would have took abuse without being able to avoid it. 

Looking forward to being back, can't come soon enough.

DKD and others deserve a great reception, before it's too late.

I dont see the sense in slaughtering our players, proud to be a supporter, not ashamed to clap either.

Saw the post match interview from Ian Lawlor, clearly upset with himself for mistakes in the last game, great reaction, clearly cares about giving 100%.

Glad to have him involved with that attitude.

Archived