MATCH: vs Barrow (H) 23/02/21

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I know they weren't playing particularly well, but taking off Hilßner and Bam for Whelan and Blackwood was a bizarre decision. At least the former two are capable of creating something. Whelan is absolutely dire 

Even not playing well, players like those two can create something out of nothing, whereas Kewell created nothing out of something with those subs. Bizzare, just like his formation.

Lawlor did well tonight just a shame he gets let down by the players in front of him. And taking two our best players off, the most creative and the most aggressive searching for a win. You can't just throw loads of forwards on! Barrow were well set up, had too much muscle and had lost the last four, shows the level we are at.

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I wouldn't be so sure, I have a feeling the worse is yet to come. 

I think so too, we just don't look like a well constructed team, just a hit and miss bunch thrown together.

1 minute ago, leeflorida said:

Lawlor did well tonight just a shame he gets let down by the players in front of him. And taking two our best players off, the most creative and the most aggressive searching for a win. You can't just throw loads of forwards on! Barrow were well set up, had too much muscle and had lost the last four, shows the level we are at.

Well set up is something HK has no idea about. 

44 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

This is a hard watch........

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Another dysfunctional performance from a dysfunctional team, manager and club.

13 minutes ago, daniel said:

What a time to be alive. Deservedly losing a league game at home to fucking Barrow. Furious with that performance, simply not good enough. Not a single positive I can take from that. 

That was truly a horror show. 😱

Only McAleny and to a lesser extent Lawlor played anywhere near decent. The rest were shocking. 

I did not enjoy that that one bit. 

I honestly don’t know what some of the players did on trial to earn a contract. Some like Blackwood and Tazdemir are so featherweight they would blow over in the wind. I agree with earlier comments that The players coming off are better on their bad days than the players coming on.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

At least he might have some idea of a recognisable formation.

Kewell fancies himself to be more intelligent than he is. You can see it on the pitch with his over rotation, confusing team selections and tactics, in addition his interviews makes little or no sense.

Thinks he’s the next klopp, when actually he’s struggling at his third bite of the cherry. 

One point from a possible 9, I can see a relegation battle looming.

The lad from Peterboro should be sent back, completely useless.

Who was our player who headed to the ball out of their area and set them up for the goal?

Created very little in 90 minutes, nothing against Vaughan by why not bring Pidge on for Barnes and stick him up front, at least then we would have had a target man instead of that waste of space Blackwood.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Kewell fancies himself to be more intelligent than he is. You can see it on the pitch with his over rotation, confusing team selections and tactics, in addition his interviews makes little or no sense.

Thinks he’s the next klopp, when actually he’s struggling at his third bite of the cherry. 

There was only one change from Saturday

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I agree with you 100% on that.

Shocking that from the players through to the management, should be hangingbtheir heads in shame the lot of them.

What has Tazdemir done to get a start, even Grant would look world class in comparison.

Taking two of your best most creative players off was criminal.

Dont normall get to irate by the shite thats served up but that was so so bad. With the play offs in reach you would expect better. Very dissapointing at times this club.

Just now, Roberts View said:

There was only one change from Saturday

Whilst this is true, the formation was wrong, the subs were wrong...Kewell got it completely wrong. For once, he didn't rotate but tried to go all 'superstar' with the tactics. Overthinking and over estimating what he can achieve with a mediocre team...bar a few players.

He will probably be the first manager to get a full season for a long time and if Latics get relegated, then he will be off under his own steam.

Archived